Ecommerce question

I am looking for a ecommerce software solution and CS-Cart seems to have what I'm looking for.
    I have one question I don't see the answer to. Does CS-Cart or some other software support manual generation of an invoice and payment? If someone emails me with a custom order, I need a solution to process the payment for that order and generate an invoice, shipping, etc... from that. If CS-cart doesn't do this, can someone recommend software that will?

Also, does CS-cart have any integration with Quickbooks or a plugin that anyone knows of? I had looked at Pinnacle but I've seen a lot of negative reviews for it as of late.

Thanks,

For some of that your best bet is to as CS-Cart.

Why can't you process the paper order online yourself? Unless I misunderstood question.
    Collabora Hosting - Unlimited Windows and Linux Hosting
    Web Security - VPS - Dedicated Servers
    Cloud and Managed WordPress Hosting
    Read how we do Unlimited Hosting at the Unlimited FAQ

Quote Originally Posted by Collabora View Post
    For some of that your best bet is to as CS-Cart.

Why can't you process the paper order online yourself? Unless I misunderstood question.
    So if I sell a sweater, and someone contacts me and says they want their name embroidered on the sweater, I want to be able to use the same software to log in, generate an invoice for the sequential sale (+1 from the previous sale), and then I want to input their number into the same credit card mechanism that would be part of the shopping cart software and then ship the item. I want it tracked as if the order was placed online.

Unless I'm missing an obvious solution, how else would I account for a custom purchase?

Quote Originally Posted by Kahuna99 View Post
    So if I sell a sweater, and someone contacts me and says they want their name embroidered on the sweater, I want to be able to use the same software to log in, generate an invoice for the sequential sale (+1 from the previous sale), and then I want to input their number into the same credit card mechanism that would be part of the shopping cart software and then ship the item. I want it tracked as if the order was placed online.

Unless I'm missing an obvious solution, how else would I account for a custom purchase?
    heheh. Is that the question? The way you just described it is the way to do it. Instead of customer being online you are online in her/his place. You do it the way they would do it, if they did it.

Quote Originally Posted by Collabora View Post
    heheh. Is that the question? The way you just described it is the way to do it. Instead of customer being online you are online in her/his place. You do it the way they would do it, if they did it.
    Except if I went online and "pretended" to be the customer, the invoice would be wrong. It would not show the custom options. If there was a way to manually make the invoice from a CP panel or something similar, that would work.

Why not have it as a Note, Special Instructions or Attribute of product in Product Description.

Maybe I still don't get it. Tell me how I would order it from you from my computer.

Lets say my website sells a purple sweater for 10$. A customer emails me and says I want a red sweater with embroidery. I say fine, it will be 50$.

I need some software solution that will let me go in and manually create an invoice for a red emroidered sweater and not a purple sweater with a note to make it red and embroidered. I would also need to account for the price difference and inventory. More so if that customer emails me and says sweaters are great, but could you make a purple hammock as well. If we agree on a price, I need some way to digitially account for it.

Surely I can't be the only person who is looking for this kind of customization?

Sure carts do that via the product attributes so a customer can select a combination of properties to be applied to a product. On the back end administrators can create manually orders with product/attributes and then send an invoice to a customer for the order using a payment processor.

I don't know the stock features of the cart you want to use but it's something available with various carts.

Open cart does what you need.
    It creates invoice and send order email with all details.

Hey , it would be better if you apply for Virtual Terminal/MOTO through which you can process these orders manually .........
    and if you have lot of orders like that than MOTO is the best option for you but its Very High Risk,