[For Immediate Hire] ex HZ Support Manager urgently seeking L1, L2 Tech position

Hi all,
    I am the ex-Support Manager at HostingZoom. Unfortunately I have been let go (on good terms) and require an immediate job replacement.
    More details regarding my lay off will be disclosed in private.

Below is my entire CV. Please take your time to look it over it.

Dylan Botha's 2007 Curriculum Vitae
    Updated on September 18th 2007

Contact Information:
    AIM: DylanBotha
    eMail: dylan@cpanelnerds.com
    MSN: dylan@cpanelnerds.com

I will happily give you my phone number on request.

Quick Introduction:
    I have operated and owned by own webhosting company aswell as acted as a CEO/Partner with another.
    Fortunately I have been given excellent oppertunities working with various well renowed webhosting companies. I have worked in many positions for a lot of well respected and successful webhosting companies for the last several years.

The mentionable positions I served as were:
    • Technical Support Representative
    • L1, L2 and System Administrator
    • CGI/Perl and PHP Programmer
    • Support Manager - Hosting Zoom
    • Webhosting Company Owner and Partner
    I would like to mention here that I have on-hands experience working with colocated servers but would much prefer working a remote position.

Previous Employment:

Milescape, LLC. - http://www.milescape.com

Employment Length:
    • February 2002 – September 2003
    Source Location:
    • Philadelphia, United States
    Job Occupation:
    • L3 Support Technician
    • Senior System Administrator.
    • Community Forum Admin
    Relocated Locations:
    Philadelphia, US - Palo Alto, California

Reason for Leaving:
    An opportunity was proposed where I was able to work with my twin brother.

Responsibilities Included:
    • Handling of L1, L2 and L3 Helpdesk Tickets.
    • Worked on-hands with co-located servers in the HE.net Data-center.
    • Compiling, Configuring, Tweaking and Maintaining of common software and daemons.
    • Addressing Public complaints on known Forums such as WebHostingTalk.com, cPanel.net
    Company Owner: Quan Nguyen
    Owner Contact AIM: MilescapeQuan
    Owner Contact eMail:quan@milescape.com

WebhostingBuzz, LLC. - http://www.webhostingbuzz.com

Employment Length:
    • April 2005 – March 2006
    Source Location:
    • Lincolnshire, United Kingdom
    Job Occupation:
    • System Administrator
    • L2 Support Technician
    • Outsourced Staff Manager
    • Community Forum Admin
    Relocated Locations:
    Lincolnshire, United Kingdom.

Reason for Leaving:
    My twin and I were proposed an excellent offer I could not turn down.
    We had to leave the company (and country) in order to take advantage of it.

Some things to note here:
    • We were working with Voxtreme and WHB at the time.
    • Webhosting Buzz was a division of Voxtreme, LTD at the time.
    • Voxtreme, LTD was sold to someone who resided in New York.
    I will happily give you more in-depth information when asked privately over phone, email or IM chat.

• Worked onhands with co located servers in the University of Manchester Datacenter.
    • Compiling, Configuring, Tweaking and Maintaining of common software and daemons.
    • Addressing Public complaints on known Forums such as WebHostingTalk.com, cPanel.net
    Company Owner: Safvan Malik
    Owner Contact AIM: whbsupport
    Owner Contact eMail: safvan@webhostingbuzz.com

Voxtreme, LTD. - http://www.voxtreme.com
    Employment Length:
    • April 2005 – June 2006
    Source Location:
    • Surrey, United Kingdom
    • Lincolnshire, United Kingdom
    • Brooklyn, New York, United States
    Job Occupation:
    • System Administrator
    • L3 Support Technician
    • Community Forum Admin
    • Staff Manager - soon became outsourced after company sale.
    Reason for Leaving:
    'Undesired Consequences' – we were both ultimately fired. Reason will be mentioned privately if asked.
    We had then soon moved back to Philadelphia when our friendship with the new owner had fallen apart.
    • WebhostingBuzz was a division of Voxtreme, LTD at the time.
    • Voxtreme, LTD was sold to someone who resided in Brooklyn, New York.
    I will happily give you more indepth information when asked privately over phone, email or IM chat.

• Worked onhands with co located servers in the University of Manchester Datacenter.
    Company Owner: Majid Rasool
    Owner Contact AIM: JustWandr
    Owner Contact eMail:majid@voxtreme.com

Ex-Company Owner: Matthew Russell
    Ex-Owner Contact AIM: mdrussell85

HostingZoom, INC. - http://www.hostingzoom.com

Employment Length:
    • June 2006 – September 2007
    Source Location:
    • Philadelphia, United States
    • Houston, Texas, United States
    • Cypress, Texas, United States
    Job Occupation:
    • Support Manager
    • L1, L2 Support Technician
    • Handling of Level 1and Level 2 Helpdesk Tickets.
    • Addressing client questions on the company's community forums.
    • Handled various Livechat sessions where a client requests for a manager's presense.
    • Directly assisted Support Staff when they seemed to appear lost or
    • Handling Support Staff Leave requests aswell as addressing Staff Performance
    • Handling Support Manager requests submitted by clients directly from website.
    • Addressing Questions and Complaints on Public Forums such as WebHostingTalk.com, cPanel.net
    • The Hiring of new L1 and L2 Support Staff aswell as Interviewing and quizing potential support staff
    • Monitored, Assisted and Reviewed staff performance and took neccesary action where it was needed.
    • Writing elaborate custom Perl and PHP scripts for the company, staff and clients.
    Reason for Leaving:
    My twin and I were let go on good terms. More information will be disclosed in private.

Company Owner: Kiet Duong
    Owner Contact AIM: ZoomKiet
    Owner Contact eMail: kiet@hostingzoom.com

Fluent Programming Languages:
    Perl, PHP, mySQL,Bash Scripting, HTML, Javascript and Basic C.

Personal Information:
    You are welcome to request a recent photo of me via email - I'll happily send you one.

I'm sure you would be curious to get an idea of exactly who your new employee is and to also get a picture of myself when communicating to me – no one likes a ghost.

Origin: South African
    Race: White/Caucasian
    Visa Status: H2B Working

Marital Status: Single
    Date of Birth: 02 November 1983
    Spoken Languages: English (primary), Afrikaans. (secondary), Xhosa (third)

Current Location: Cypress, Texas, United States.
    Employment Status: Unemployed - September 17th 2007

This information is purely for FYI purposes, they really have no affect in anything and it is certainly not there to give a false impression of me.

Myself and many other clients of Resellerzoom / Hostingzoom would be happy be happy to give great reference to this gentleman for all his technical knowledge and support he has provided us.

PM if you have any questions.
    Atech St. Louis - Web Hosting - Website builder - 24/7 Support
    Dads In Distress - Dads helping Dads in Distress

Thanks a ton for the reference. Your post is appreciated.

Thumbs up

I will second that recommendation!!!!!

Pleasure to work with and highly knowledgeable!!

Good luck Dylan
    Maish Saidel-Keesing
    CEO EskayHosting
    maish@eskayhosting.com

Thank you Maish

Dylan has always been a great aid and we have hired him for as needed projects many times.

I look forward to working with Dylan again in the future and am 100% sure that whoever hires him as a regular staff member will be quite pleased with his hard work, his quick fixes and his incredible level of knowledge.
    Fiberhub- Affordable Colocation Services in Las Vegas, Dallas, Miami, and Seattle
    Versaweb - DDoS Protected Cloud and Dedicated Server Hosting

Thank you Billy.

Small Side note
    I have not asked anyone nor have I mentioned this Post on any website or to any individual who has posted.
    Everyone who has replied has done so out of their own free will.

A HUGE Thank you to everyone that has replied here!

I am still eagerly trying to get a full-time replacement job.

I would like to also mention that I have a twin brother, Luke who is also in the same position as me.
    He too as working with HZ/RZ as a L1 Support Technician for the last 1.5yrs.

There is no doubt in my mind that he will make an excellent addition to any Support department as his responses are always detailed, precise and courteous. Luke has personally worked beside me for the last 3+ years proving Technical Support to multiple Webhosting companies, all of which were mentioned in my above Resume.

Apologies, I have been asked many questions which I should have mentioned in my original post.
    Below are a few key points which I think are quite important for you to know about me prior to contacting me.

* I am an extremely motivated and dedicated individual.
    * Experienced Remote and Onhands System Administrator.
    * Seeking Long-Term position in the Technical Support department.
    * I have a minimal of 5yrs experience working with cPanel servers.
    * Written useful bash scripts for multiple companies which are still used today.
    * Highly Focused on Customer Service and Detailed/Explanatory ticket responses.
    * I have been responsible for Hiring and Interviewing Techs for 3 of my past employers.
    * I have personally trained past support staff while with 2 of my previous employers.
    * I will take my time to seek out and publicly defend negative/falsified feedback/posts made by clients on 3rd party websites.

Finally, I'de like to say that I have absolutely no problem working with you on a Trial basis in order to show you first hand my capabilities.

Dylan, do you have any experience with VPS management?

Daryl,
    I have very minimal experience working with Virtuozzo. This is not my area of expertise.

Further Information

Dylan,

We're currently recruiting one new team member, could you please contact me by PM so I may get to know your specific skills in more depth. Plus, I can then discuss further information such as salary & working hours with you.

Thanks,
    Liam

Quote Originally Posted by kanee View Post
    Dylan,

We're currently recruiting one new team member, could you please contact me by PM so I may get to know your specific skills in more depth. Plus, I can then discuss further information such as salary & working hours with you.

Thanks,
    Liam
    Thanks Liam. PM sent.

Also, I myself am a customer of HostingZoom and have on many occasions been able to interact with Dylan. Always there and ALWAYS been helpful in getting to the bottom of any problems I have experienced.

I'm rather curious though why you were let go by HZ if you don't mind me asking?
    Imusion StudioPhotoshop Tutorials, Website Templates, Forum Skins, and much more!
    IS Host ReviewsNon-biased hosting ratings and reviews!

Quote Originally Posted by Imusion View Post
    Also, I myself am a customer of HostingZoom and have on many occasions been able to interact with Dylan. Always there and ALWAYS been helpful in getting to the bottom of any problems I have experienced.

I'm rather curious though why you were let go by HZ if you don't mind me asking?
    Imusion,
    I would honestly like to keep the reason of my layoff private as it is personal.

You are welcome to personally contact me over IM and I'll gladly tell you.
    However the reason is very personal, especially for a public forum such as WHT.

I have worked alongside Dylan in the past, great guy and I give him kudos.

Him and his brother know their stuff.

Dylan was the technical heart beat of WebHostingBuzz when he worked for the company.

I have yet to meet a person as capable and dedicated as dylan in this industry. You can get technically sound people but seldom you would find anyone as dedicated to the post as he was.

Only wanted to add my two cents. I think there is a great future for this guy in the upcoming years especially when it comes to complex server management.

and also I believe hes being modest when he says L1. I think dylan is no less than L3 in terms of technical skills.

RE: I'm available again!

I have just left my position working with HostNine and I'm urgently seeking a replacement job.
    Although this was not the smartest things to have done so early to Christmas, it was necessary.

My position at H9 entailed Livechat, Phone and Helpdesk support.
    I am seeking a replacement remote position. If you have one available, please contact me ASAP.