Looking for employment - L1/2/3 Support Technician

Hello,

I am currently looking for some work again in the webhosting industry having sold my company due to ill health earlier this year, now I am back on my feet I'd like to get back in the game employed under someone rather than running my own company again.

I have over 10 years in the industry starting from a L1 support technician before working my way up and subsequently opening my company 2 years ago and running it until May this year before selling.

Main fields of experience :

WHMCS - Both managing, maintaining and also from a support / sales side

cPanel/WHM - Highly experienced in all aspects of cPanel from initial setup, troubleshooting and full server migrations and I'm currently hold L3: cPanel Expert Certification

Virtualization : Highly experienced in both SolusVM & Virtualizor control panels from initial setup to maintaining and troubleshooting issues. My full time role exposes me to ESXI, Hyper-V & Citrix Xenapp all of which I carry 4 years working experience in. Also experienced in OpenVZ & KVM without a control panel at vzctl & virsh level.

Operating Systems : Highly experienced in Centos, Debian & Ubuntu operating systems having mainly being exposed to these in a virtualized environment for the last 10 years, also hold an array of Microsoft certifications in Exchange, Server 2008, Server 2012 & Active Directory

Ticketing Systems : I've had major exposure to both the built-in WHMCS ticketing system and Kayako both on a support and admin level, and pretty confident on a few others.

Industry Experience :

May 2012 – May 2014 (Sold Company)
    Company Name – ServerBros LTD
    Job Title: Managing Director & Server Support Manager
    My duties consist of managing a team of 5 people remotely ensuring the wellbeing of our large client set and also ensuring our servers were built to the required standards before going live with clients.
    Outline of responsibilities and Achievement

• Day to day running of the company including all Financial, HR & Client issues
    • Building and deploying servers at our Rackspace across Europe, and troubleshooting issues on said hardware.
    • Daily cPanel/WHM administration for our webhosting clients and supporting VPS server clients whom use their own cPanel install.
    • Dealing with abuse reports from various copyright agencies and companies acting on behalf of their clients. Ensuring our network remained spammer/phisher free and to the highest standard.
    • General OS troubleshooting for our clients servers running both Windows server and various flavours of Linux (Mainly CentOS/Ubuntu/Debian)
    • Active daily marketing campaigns to bring in new clients from various sources ensuring targets are met with a steady income

2007-2008

Company Name – GeekRack LLC
    Job Title: L3 Support Technician & Support Manager

My duties consisted of dealing with tickets escalated from the 1st and 2nd tier agents mainly relating to VPS networking issues and more advanced OS level diagnostics for both Linux & Windows based operating systems.

I was also in charge of managing the L2 agents ensuring training and development was achieved, dealing with customer escalations and involved in the hiring of agents.

--

My current full time role is in the networking field and I have daily exposure to all types of virtualization including ESXI, Citrix Xenserver & Hyper-V.

I am looking for a role that I can pick up either on a per ticket basis or set hours and I'm open to offers salary wise.

Feel free to shoot me a PM and we can discuss further.

Cheers
    Jordan

If your open to some part time work shoot an email to andrew(at)boxsrv.co.uk

Done, thanks for the quick reply!

Do you do one time tasks by any chance? I'm looking to install exchange 2013 on a server, can you give me a quote?

Quote Originally Posted by ipcloud View Post
    Do you do one time tasks by any chance? I'm looking to install exchange 2013 on a server, can you give me a quote?
    Sure thing, easy task. I would be looking for around $50 and it shoulnt take much more than an hour or 2 depending on the hardware.

cool, could you PM me your skype?

cool, could you PM me your skype?
    Don't seem to be able to due to your post count, feel free to add me via jordanmclay1 on skype.

Cheers

hey man, you wanna tell me why you deleted me on skype after completing everything on the server and before you gave me the logins? I mean what was the point of dragging me for a whole day if this is what you wanted to do?

Hi Jordan, could you email us at social@optimalhosting.com - thanks!

Jordan, just tell me why you wasted my time if you weren't going to give me the logins and were going to just delete me and walk away like that.

Thumbs up

If you are still looking for someone to install Exchange Server 2013 then let us know.
    RapidServerHost.com - SSD VPS, Cloud VPS and Dedicated Server Hosting
    SSD VPSCloud VPS
    █ High Quality Support With 15 Minutes Guaranteed Response Times!

yeah whats your skype?

hes installed it, and it looks pretty good. he just won't give me the passwords or his paypal to make the payment. This was a test install and I was going to give him repeated orders. was quite friendly all this while and he deletes me all of a sudden. I think he needs a shrink.

SSD VPSCloud VPS

SSD VPSCloud VPS

Jordan I think you're bipolar man. I can't think of any reason why anyone would leave all of a sudden having completed everything fine. You need help bro. go find a shrink before you start getting suicidal and stuff. A small dose of Lithium should do the trick. Ping me back when you're manic again.

Good luck finding someone who's willing to setup ADDS, exchange and all the trimmings...and for $80, yeah you wont.

BTW - For anyone whom has an interest in this offer from ipcloud beware, his customer is going to be using the server for "Marketing emails" yeah, the old spam trick and backed by the hackforums host host-stage.net

PS - The logins are the same as the domain admin account.

The original deal was for $50, you made me reload the server a couple of times and installed exchange, and forced a couple of things on me and then quoted $100, when I asked you if you could do it for $80, the right thing would have been to reply with a yes or a no. If it was a no I could have paid $100 easily. Dragging me for 24 hours and suddenly pulling out with no reply was very unprofessional of you. My client doesn't have to prove to you or to me if he is really marketing or spamming as you call it, its his server and he just need exchange installed on it.

I think you should come back on skype, give me a final quote, and finish this job and take payment. I have never looked for a cheap service provider, and deleting me just because I tried to negotiate after 90% of the work is done is never justifiable.

The original deal was for $50, you made me reload the server a couple of times and installed exchange, and forced a couple of things on me and then quoted $100, when I asked you if you could do it for $80, the right thing would have been to reply with a yes or a no. If it was a no I could have paid $100 easily. Dragging me for 24 hours and suddenly pulling out with no reply was very unprofessional of you. My client doesn't have to prove to you or to me if he is really marketing or spamming as you call it, its his server and he just need exchange installed on it.

I think you should come back on skype, give me a final quote, and finish this job and take payment. I have never looked for a cheap service provider, and deleting me just because I tried to negotiate after 90% of the work is done is never justifiable.
    Lets tell the truth now shall we, I asked you to reload it ONCE as you or whomever before didn't install exchange correctly and it failed mid install, oh and also you named the active directory domain "yourname", yes actually yourname. It would have been done much quicker if you hadn't failed miserably to install exchange.

You see I quoted you $50 for an install of exchange then I asked for $100 after all the other things and you agreed then spat some ******** about quoting the client $80, not to have to install and configure AD, then install exchange and show you numerous times how to set a simple DNS record, then you weren't happy when the test email went in to spam. Then kept asking for more things to be done..

Good luck finding someone to do it that cheap, although most of the work is done anyway so it won't be too bad. It's a matter of moral for me I know 100% you and your client are rife spammers and I wont be involved in that, if only I done my research first.

Maybe you should be greatful someone has done that all free for you and stop crying like a little baby.
    Last edited by Jordan McLay; 09-06-2014 at 03:48 AM.

whatever man

Quote Originally Posted by Jordan McLay View Post
    Maybe you should be greatful someone has done that all free for you and stop crying like a little baby.
    Obviously we don't know the whole story, but if you're looking for work and posting about it on a public forum, it's usually best to not insult clients. I was looking at bringing you onboard, but not after I saw this message.