[For HIRE] Around 6 Years Exeprienced Server Admin

Hi,

I am a server admin and also an engineering degree graduate with around 6+ years of experience in linux,unix servers.

I worked earlier at many multinational webhosting and server administration companies. I can provide my references if you contact me by mail to sunnytheservermaster@gmail.com

I work on the below things:

1) All sorts of server administration
    2) Server hardening
    3) Server tuning
    4) webserver/mysql optimization
    5) Server security
    6) Apache and almost all control panels
    7) Kernel Upgrades
    8) Cloud Hosting

WORK/ TECHNICAL EXPERIENCE:

Bash and Perl Scripting Creation and Alterations.
    - SSH Configuration and Hardening.
    - Troubleshooting and Addressing issues in a Helpdesk environment.
    - Server Security Auditing, Vulnerability Assessment and correction.
    - Proficient with Cpanel and WHM management (setting up accounts, remote backups, DNS clusters, Failover solutions etc).
    - VPN Technologies (OpenVPN, Poptop etc).
    - Monitoring and Managing Network Devices using Cacti, PRTG, etc.
    - Experience with VPS Software (Virtuozzo).
    - Third party Software Installations and configuration – Software management (Fantastico, RVSkins etc).
    - Security Protection (Intrusion Detection with Snort, tripwire and ipfw/iptables etc).
    - DNS and RDNS delegation experience (Bind, QDNS).
    - Linux Kernel Security, regular maintenance, recompiles and OS reinstalls.
    - Exim Administration and Optimization – experience with ClamAV, Sophos AV, ExiScan and SpamAssassin.
    - Core System Files Hardening and Optimization (sysctl.conf, resolv.conf etc).
    - Monitoring servers and responding to event notifications. (Service outtages, High Load Alerts etc) experience with Nagios.
    - Working knowledge of Database Technologies (MySQL, PGSQL), performance Optimization and Hardening.
    • Software – Helpdesk and billing software (Clientexec, Modernbill, Cerberus, WHMCS) Server Technologies Apache, MySQL, PgSQL, PHP, Exim/QMAIL, ClamAV, Pure/ProFTPD, SpamAssassin, CMS (Drupal, phpnuke), Firewalls (CSF/LFD, APF), chkrootkit, rkhunter and more.
    • Networking - Extensive knowledge and experience of Networking Fundamentals (TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP, HTTP, POP3/IMAP, SCP/FTP, SNMP, VPN)
    • Operating Systems – RHEL, CentOS, Debian, Gentoo, Fedora, Ubuntu, OpenSuse, FreeBSD, OpenBSD, NetBSD.

I can give you many client references if you contact me via mail.

Contact Me Via mail to sunnytheservermaster@gmail.com

Some Of the webhosting companies that I worked earlier are midphase,softlayer,ourchurch,beachcomber,UK2group,virpus etc.

There are many good client feedbacks that I got. I am still looking to take up challenging part time or full time server administration/technical support jobs.

please contact me at sunnytheservermaster@gmail.com

I hired serveradmin4linux to go through all my WHM settings and make sure they were OK. He then optimized Apache, PHP and MySQL as well as my WordPress blog. Finally doing some security hardening for the VPS.
    He told me what he was doing step by step via Skype and provided an excellent and ecomonic service - Thanks again.

E-Mail Sent, look forward to hearing from you.
    Follow me on Twitter: @conrjac

Sunny (serveradmin4linux) did an amazing job fixing up Stunnel problem for me a week or so ago. I hired about 4 other Admin's to try and fix the problem. All of which were unsuccessful. Then Sunny came in and saved the day!

When it comes down to Linux administration, Sunny is the man. He is a hard and dedicated worker who gets the job done.

I will definitely be using him again in the future.

Thanks for all your help Sunny!
    █ Lead Developer - WHMCS Addon
    █ GeoFilter | OAuth Pro | Response Time

Saw your post. We are starting two new companies, GetAHost and GetABackup. Would like to learn a bit more about what your offering. Can we discuss via email? My email is neil@getahost.com. Thank you for your time.
    Neil Ghuman
    IT Manager for Motorcycle Market, a Motorcycle Accessories company
    IT Manager for Get A Host and Get A Backup
    Looking to purchase established hosting companies for $XXX to $XX,XXX

Sunny was a very helpful technical support assistant to our company. He provided quality support to our clients in all the areas including server administration, server security and hardening, webserver optimization, e-mail server configuration and many more. I don't persoanlly remember a single issue our client had that Sunny could not solve.

He also proved his dedicated work and initiative by finding some of the old issues our clients had and suggesting more efficient ways to solve them.

In a word, if you hire Sunny, you won't be disappointed!
    WooServers OpenStack Private Cloud
    30% Cheaper than any Public Cloud
    Instances, Floating IPs, Load Balancers, Databases and More!

Sunny is very knowledgeable and a hard worker. He provided fantastic support from level 1 to level 3. I would recommend him to anyone.
    ¦ Ernie - ColoCrossing by HostPapa | Enterprise Colocation and Baremetal Services
    ¦ Colocation | Dedicated Servers | Private Cloud | Managed Services | IP Transit
    ¦ Buffalo, NY | Los Angeles | Atlanta | Chicago | Dallas | Atlanta | San Jose | Seattle
    ¦ Equick @ colocrossing.com

We have used Sunny to secure one of our servers and we were not disappointed.

It explains all the phases of its work, so you know exactly what has been done on the server.

We gave 2 servers to install and secure this week with SolusVm and OpenVZ, I would come back if you say it went well

To contact him directly:

sunnytheservermaster@gmail.com

Saw your post. We are starting two new companies, GetAHost and GetABackup. Would like to learn a bit more about what your offering. Can we discuss via email? My email is neil@getahost.com. Thank you for your time.

Hi Neil Ghuman,

I sent you my resume. Please check it and reply.

Thanks,
    Sunny
    Last edited by serveradmin4linux; 03-04-2011 at 04:33 AM.

Sunny is very knowledgeable, great guy and easy to work with. Very nice and I would recommend him to anyone!

Thanks Sunny, best of luck to you!
    Patrick Nett | E-mail: Patrick.Nett[at]Gmail.com

Sunny has been an incredible help ever since I met him. I was having major issues with the company I hired to set up my server, and Sunny came along and basically saved the day. He really knows his stuff and has become a great consultant. I look forward to working with him in the future.

I was having a major issue with my server, and Sunny contacted me, within two hours everything was fixed. Excellent service!
    The internet was never so easy.
    http://www.sheyworth.com
    http://www.sheyworth.net

Hi.. All, I'm from Sri lanka i have problem with my server. i have post the problem in WHT. Sunny had fix the problem and he tell me lot of secrets in linux. My english is bad, However finally i want to tell you Sunny is best of linux.

Thank you.

I am in conversation with Sunny.
    He seems very attentive. and is trying to help provide the most cost effective for our company

Thanks for the helping hands Sunny, we do really appreciate it.
    -

Sunny just finished a server-hardening and performance-boosting job for me. Server is running smoothly and faster, now. Sunny is knowledgeable and informative and easy to work with. Thanks, Sunny!

Sunny (sunnytheservermaster@gmail.com) has just done some excellent work for us installing and configuring Nagios. Highly recommended!