Page 2 of 69 FirstFirst 123451252 ... LastLast

same here no response from managed.com

what company should i go with looking to pay $99 a month with cpanel
      0 Not allowed!

Thanks, I used Providian (I think they're under Washington Mutual now). I did a chargeback in the past, which worked out well. I'm not sure if I have the proof for Managed, since their web site does say "no refunds".

On my side of things, the only proof I have is no answers to my support tickets. E-mail not working and no root access, along with strange behaviour of my message board.. those aren't things I can prove.

Any suggestions where I should wait out the next 30 days, or move on and find a new host?
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by bengji
    what company should i go with looking to pay $99 a month with cpanel
    None.

Remember the saying, you get what you pay for.
      0 Not allowed!

There are plenty of fine companies that can provide hundred buck hosting with cPanel as long as you're fine with budget hardware. Check the deals forum
      0 Not allowed!

yup, i agree. look around and you should fine a company to meet that budget!
      0 Not allowed!

[QUOTE=cooldude0009]
    Quote Originally Posted by oqwhatsup
    Grr. Managed.com. Very Grrrrr.

My server's been unavailable since 11am. It's now midnight. They've pointed my IP address at another machine or (horrors) wiped mine by accident. Apparently this is part of a transfer of data to their New Jersey centre.

Did they schedule it with me? Did they b**gery...

No answer on their support line (or their parent company, WebHostPlus). No response to support tickets raised on their website either.

When I signed up with Managed they were inexpensive, reliable and responsive. They're not any more.

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr....

Stay well clear of these muppets.
    yea, i totally agree with you
    The same problem for me! But 3days after I'm still waiting. I've already find a new server and transfer all my stuff. It's a shame...
      0 Not allowed!

Angry Grrrrr follow up

Well it's 22 hours now, still no sign of my server from managed.com. Last word I heard from them was at 2pm yesterday (9:30am today now)

We're in the process of migrating all the machines from California to New
    Jersey. Your data is staying the same, but you're being moved to new hardware.
    What are they doing, mailing it cross-country?

I knew when I signed up that managed.com did unmanaged servers - but that was exactly what I needed (just an always-on, ssh-enabled box). They used to be really good AND inexpensive. Such a shame.

Still no word from the parent company with the New Jersey data centre (called webhostplus) either.

Still Very Grrrrrr.....

Matt.
      0 Not allowed!

I think you'll find plenty of other managed.com clients are (like us) having the same issues. I've decided to move on and find a new host for my dedicated server and suggest you do the same. Any company who cannot be bothered to inform it's customers that a) it has been sold and b) causes unnecessary issues with client websites/servers/businesses then fail to respond are really not worth staying with and if this is any indication of the type of service you can expect from WebHostPlus then it is definately not worth paying even a dime for.
      0 Not allowed!

* So still very Grrrrr....

Hour 36 of downtime now.

Turns out managed.com have LOST my server. They've given my IP address to somebody else (which is why I couldn't log into the machine). No clue where my server is now. No response from them.

How do I know this? They GAVE ME THE ROOT PASSWORD TO SOMEBODY ELSE'S MACHINE...

I can't believe this.

Matt.
      0 Not allowed!

oh u should forget about managed.com no response no body nows whats goin one with them... dont waste time get a server somewher ells i already did... layertech seems profenssional nd im getting my server ther.
      0 Not allowed!

fanzy250 , oqwhatsup and cooldude0009 - I believe you are all one person. I wonder why do you have to create 3 user accounts to trash managed.com.
      0 Not allowed!

My Server is down since thursday 27. And I haven't got reply from tech support...

It's a shame
      0 Not allowed!

I can echo these issues.

Unfortunately, I have 6 servers there and ALL of them have been offline for about 36 hours.

After 31 phone calls to them TODAY, leaving 9 voice mails, 14 support tickets and transfered to a "level 3 support tech" nothing is resolved....

Luckily, these aren't customer servers; but still, I have paid for them and the lack of support is frustrating.

What I was told was the all managed.com servers were being migrated. Webhostplus bought them out. They did not tell any customers about ANYTHING. This is per "adam" at webhostplus support.
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Puenil
    I can echo these issues.

Unfortunately, I have 6 servers there and ALL of them have been offline for about 36 hours.

After 31 phone calls to them TODAY, leaving 9 voice mails, 14 support tickets and transfered to a "level 3 support tech" nothing is resolved....

Luckily, these aren't customer servers; but still, I have paid for them and the lack of support is frustrating.

What I was told was the all managed.com servers were being migrated. Webhostplus bought them out. They did not tell any customers about ANYTHING. This is per "adam" at webhostplus support.

do a search, this is how they operate.

They did the same thing when they bought Dinix.
      0 Not allowed!

Webhostplus amazes me and hurts me at the same time. Somehow these people are able to purchase hundreds upon thousands of customers from established providers throughout the world, but yet it seems they've got only one tech (lol, doubtful but it seems that adam keeps reappearing throughout these forums)

I'm shocked.
      0 Not allowed!

Yet another WHP takeover. Guys wasn't it dinix that WHP took over before right? If I'm remembering the merger the same it appears this one is going botched as well as how dinix went. (Obviously this is just from an outside observor's viewpoint).
      0 Not allowed!

fanzy250, oqwhatsup and cooldude0009 - I believe you are all one person. I wonder why do you have to create 3 user accounts to trash managed.com.
    Dude if only.

Still down here.

Matt.
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by rmdort
    fanzy250 , oqwhatsup and cooldude0009 - I believe you are all one person. I wonder why do you have to create 3 user accounts to trash managed.com.
    Lots of one post wonders, but I doubt they're the same person. Whats the point? Everyone hates webhostplus anyways.
      0 Not allowed!

I am wondering why peopel are still hosting with managed,they must be the worst host out there according to peope feedback and it happens everyday
    Best Regards,
    Namesniper
      0 Not allowed!

A very good joke! Like you I can't believe it! As far as I'm concerned, my IP address doesn't work, they give a temporary one and exactly the same, I can't login.

Managed.com, I don't want to work with them....NEVER. I was lucky because I had all my data at my home. I made some backup.

Good luck
      0 Not allowed!

2 days ago they reloaded my server without notice.
    I have lost all my data (my ONE YEAR WORK project)
    I had backup on a secondary hard drive that also have been reformatted.
    They also plugged off 1GB RAM from my server.
    This is a **** company.I have submitted 20 trouble tickets
    nothing is resolved....

What can i do ?
    How can I back up all my ery important data ?

Regards,
    Piotr
      0 Not allowed!

I have also lost my data...
    They wrote to me a few minutes ago - This is HD Failure.
    but how can I believe them...?
    I think they just formatted my 2 disks and now what can I tell to customers?
    Nothing...

Pioklo2 - your situation is like mine and true is not good...
    Now I'm waiting for new disks and new OS
    and I wonder what about data...

Part of customers have backup on their disks but its just maybe 20-30%...
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by NameSniper
    I am wondering why peopel are still hosting with managed,they must be the worst host out there according to peope feedback and it happens everyday
    Well, in the past, Manged was fine (for the most part); no problems to speak of. The issue arose with webhostplus.

According to a support guy, webhostplus bought managed out about 2 months ago. Current people can remember when the new billing system was setup... that's about the time they bought them out.

Just this week webhostplus started migrating managed customers over. Since then, the issues have arose. An email and a line of communication should have been one of the few things they did before attempting a move of this magnitude.
      0 Not allowed!

Reply from managed.com after 5 tickets and 36 hours down:

"we are working on getting server for you. your old server had a harware failer. We are preparing new box for you"

It's a shame...
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Futuredood
    does anyone know if a chargeback will go through? i talked to my cc company and they said it may take 30-90 days to complete.... my argument is that i've had service for less than a week, and most of the time it's been inaccessible. customer service is unreachable as well.
    Complete, yes - however, your credit card company will usually give you a provisional credit on the account pretty much immediately pending the outcome of their investigation.
      0 Not allowed!

Page 2 of 69 FirstFirst 123451252 ... LastLast