Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast
    If you don't do anything I'm sure your data will be lost forever.
      0 Not allowed!

I hope everyone that moves to managed realises it not a fully managed service like Angel Networkz was. They do OS install / hardware install and network config you have to secure and config the software yourself... sure if u move to them with your current server it will be ok.. but for how long what will you do when something breaks thats not hardware or network??
      0 Not allowed!

The post is already DELETED ... she did it while I was reading it.
    Anyway, if i find out if wich way she will ask people to pay, i'll file another complaint with VISA and if she uses with Paypal.
      0 Not allowed!

hmmm.....

unintentionally going bancrupt is neither a crime nore a fraud.

also big companies (MCI?) can go bancrupt.
    this happens in business.

till now i have not seen any facts prooving any crime.

prepaying for 1 year to AN is like infesting in a junk bond.
    if you were lucky you prepayed long time ago, then your return was much more worth than what you paid
    when you prepayed 1 week ago... well

its also a custumer duty to investigate about the business partner.
    if you negligently invest into a company wich is just about to go buncrupt in one week, this is also your fault.

at last, even after they got bancrupt they still try to get your server up again.
    and they did not asked you to send them any money. rachel clearly stated that all further payments would go on a special account which is under the control of managed.com.
      0 Not allowed!

Originally posted by alexmue

at last, even after they got bancrupt they still try to get your server up again.
    and they did not asked you to send them any money. rachel clearly stated that all further payments would go on a special account which is under the control of managed.com.

Still sounds fishy to me ..
      0 Not allowed!

I also had a post deleted and all I said was that Rachel was being unprofessional comparing AN to linuxdude's (rishidude's) business.

Now they have made new rules for AN Forums (how surprising):

Posting threads in most forums is now turned off. New posts made off topic in remaning threads will result in thread deletion.

If the BS, slams, threats, lies, and abuse in general continue these forums will be turned off till those of you doing these things grow up a little.
    How unprofessional indeed.
      0 Not allowed!

Are they really thinking they can stop it after what they did ?
    I mean they have time to delete things but don't have time for a serious update ?
      0 Not allowed!

Just about every topic has been locked. All I have been doing for the past 2 days is reading their forums. And now they are taking that away from me!
      0 Not allowed!

They are asking you to basically forget the fact that you paid months in advance and start from scratch.

I'm not involved in this, but have been following it closely. *** dat
      0 Not allowed!

Originally posted by rishidude
    How can it be a fair deal. I have already paid till end of Sept. There are people who have paid for 6 months already. On top of our payments, they are saying pay more if you want data back. How can you call this a fair deal.
    Definitely not fair, but a chance to get out the data and go with somebody else more trustworthy.... Would you sign up with ANz knowing what you know today? If not, cut your losses and go. Otherwise, be prepared for possible more financial troubles and more of the same services (including the good one) in the future.
      0 Not allowed!

Now she says she's closing down the forums. Unbelievable.
      0 Not allowed!

they are closing their forum in 5 minutes
    please continue @ devilnetz
      0 Not allowed!

Just saw this from Rachael:

"Tired of the lies, flaming, BS and other childish things going on here. Read while you can, forums go down in 5 minutes"

Looks like the party's over.
      0 Not allowed!

Posted: Sep 2 2004, 02:54 AM
    Staff
    Group: Admin
    Member No.: 232

Tired of the lies, flaming, BS and other childish things going on here. Read while you can, forums go down in 5 minutes

--------------------

Rachel Marsden
    Angel Networkz
      0 Not allowed!

Additonally, an entire thread was deleted with questions asking to clarify the post they made. things like:

•What if I am on a a "Buy one, get one free offer" and am still in mypaid months?

•What if I just want my data adn to leave to another host, even though I am paid through November

•I paid for a year adn am 2 months in?

…many other variations of the like.

Rachel is on about how it is all negative slamming, etc. Sure, some of it was, but there were a lot of very legitimate posts that were part of entire other threads.

Simply out of hand.

If they survive at all expect a lot of ongoing anti-AN campaigning.

All very sad.

Chili
      0 Not allowed!

Btw, I'm assuming everyone realizes that it's the same person posting as both admin and Rachel. I'm not saying there are not actually two of them, but I noticed a long time ago that the same person was posting on both those accounts. If there actually is a "donna", it's her that's been posting as Rachel, imo.
      0 Not allowed!

And some people here think it's ok that AN and managed.com are holding our data for ransom by making us pay (for another month) to have it back even if we have no intention of staying with either of them? I only had my own sites on the server and I don't have the money to throw around just to get them back. They have NO right to deny us our data when we were under a contract and still had time paid for. This is a disgrace and they are a sorry excuse for a company.
      0 Not allowed!

Originally posted by Light
    And some people here think it's ok that AN and managed.com are holding our data for ransom by making us pay (for another month) to have it back even if we have no intention of staying with either of them? I only had my own sites on the server and I don't have the money to throw around just to get them back. They have NO right to deny us our data when we were under a contract and still had time paid for. This is a disgrace and they are a sorry excuse for a company.
    You have a contract with ANz. Managed.com has a contract with ANz. ANz owes Managed.com a lot of money. Mananged.com chooses to "recover" their loss through ANz's clients. Unethical? Maybe. But just remember while you lost $200-$1,000, Managed.com lost (reported) $70,000. They are more desperate than you are.
      0 Not allowed!

Sorry need 5 posts..

Glad I only had a personal server with them.. and not a business one... still lost 300 bones though
      0 Not allowed!

This is ANz's problem alone.

managed.com is probably getting hosed along with the rest. You actually have to give them credit for even providing an option.

They could simply take their ball and go home.

Chili
      0 Not allowed!

What sucks is that I paid at the end of july so Im just barely past the 30 day mark.. but my paypal is still in defered mode.
      0 Not allowed!

Originally posted by Yikes2000
    You have a contract with ANz. Managed.com has a contract with ANz. ANz owes Managed.com a lot of money. Mananged.com chooses to "recover" their loss through ANz's clients. Unethical? Maybe. But just remember while you lost $200-$1,000, Managed.com lost (reported) $70,000. They are more desperate than you are.

We have some rights as consumers and this IS still "ransom". Not to mention the fact that why on earth would managed.com want to continue to deal with AN as its own entity? One of our "options" as clients of AN is to stay with AN... they shouldn't even exist anymore after pulling crap like this. They are being allowed to do the same thing over and over again. That's a pyramid scheme in my book. Why would managed.com still want to provide them with servers?
    Last edited by Light; 09-02-2004 at 04:23 AM.
      0 Not allowed!

And now they want me to close the deferment? Once you close it, you can't ask for it again.
      0 Not allowed!

Sorry for the short posts... on the forums on angelnetworkz.. someone posted a link.. about burst.. i heard only a tiny bit about it.. something like angelnetworkz happening at burst.. but i didnt think it was them.. till i saw this post.. but its been deleted on there...

sorry cant post link.. next post will have it.
      0 Not allowed!

This is the link that was posted on angelnetworkz forums. but was deleted shortly after.

http://216.239.39.104/search?q=cache...ic/4382-1.html

edited because i suck at linking
      0 Not allowed!

Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast