Packet loss from WholeSaleInternet for 1 week

I have 14 servers with WSI, and they have had a network problem where the packets drop on their end of the network. I've waited a week for them to fix it but every time I ask them when it's fixed they just say they don't know.

WSI used to be good but watch out for them these days, they aren't as good as their rep on here is any longer.

Quote Originally Posted by raybarnes View Post
    I have 14 servers with WSI, and they have had a network problem where the packets drop on their end of the network. I've waited a week for them to fix it but every time I ask them when it's fixed they just say they don't know.

WSI used to be good but watch out for them these days, they aren't as good as their rep on here is any longer.
    I think they did some network gear upgrades at the start of the week, could be related. Bit surprised they don't have any answers for you though. Always thought Aaron ran a solid ship.

Quote Originally Posted by JSCL View Post
    I think they did some network gear upgrades at the start of the week, could be related. Bit surprised they don't have any answers for you though. Always thought Aaron ran a solid ship.
    They have always been very helpful in the past, I've become used to packet loss here and there but they usually fix it instantly.

Since they changed over to the DataShack prices their support has gone downhill.

Quote Originally Posted by raybarnes View Post
    They have always been very helpful in the past, I've become used to packet loss here and there but they usually fix it instantly.

Since they changed over to the DataShack prices their support has gone downhill.
    Are they not located in the same data center as DataShack? Test out DataShack's service and see how it goes?
    Respectfully,
    Mr. Terrence

Quote Originally Posted by Terrence-J View Post
    Are they not located in the same data center as DataShack? Test out DataShack's service and see how it goes?
    From what I read, they're the same people.

Quote Originally Posted by JSCL View Post
    From what I read, they're the same people.
    I've been using WSI for about 6 months, DataShack is (as far as I know) a new site. Before DataShack was in the picture, WSI had an very stable network.
    WSI had really good offers and true unmetered 100mbit, now they are exactly the same as DataShack which is 20TB on a 1Gbit line.

Their network was also extremely stable, the way it is now, servers go offline and come back online every few days. It's not stable.

This seems related: http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?t=1369895

"support replied.... the slowness was due to DataShack.net being saturated. He explained that meant that DataShack.net did not have enough bandwidth from its provider to handle all of their server traffic. But they were working on it and expected the problem to be fixed within a week."

It's a known issue: http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?t=1368618

Looks like they can't handle the amount of traffic that they're getting during peak times, would of thought they'd of added additional capacity a while ago to be prepared for this, obviously not.
    Clouveo - SSD/NVMe Cloud VPS & Web Hosting
    Cloud VPS Servers | DDoS Protected | Snapshots | Auto Backups | One Click Apps | Custom ISOs
    clouveo.com | Locations: [UK] London, [NL] Amsterdam, [US] Los Angeles

They're just saturating their uplinks, which is one of the big reasons why they don't offer unmetered bandwidth anymore for that cheap of a price.
    ReliableSite.Net LLC - Offering Enterprise Grade Dedicated Servers Since 2006 [New York City metro / Miami, FL / Los Angeles, CA]
    Customers are our #1 priority - Read Our Reviews
    Need epic pricing on 1G and 10G unmetered? We have amazing deals and a 10 minute setup time! Click here to view incredible deals.

Quote Originally Posted by RSNET-John View Post
    They're just saturating their uplinks, which is one of the big reasons why they don't offer unmetered bandwidth anymore for that cheap of a price.
    Not exactly the issue. The issue was on the DataShack side. I'm going to post a thread explaining what happened so it doesn't happen to you too.
    Aaron Wendel
    Wholesale Internet, Inc. - http://www.wholesaleinternet.net
    Kansas City Internet eXchange - http://www.kcix.net

Quote Originally Posted by WII-Aaron View Post
    Not exactly the issue. The issue was on the DataShack side. I'm going to post a thread explaining what happened so it doesn't happen to you too.
    Aarons's post & explanation:
    http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?t=1370854

We had recently tried Datashack.net (their prices are very, very good) in an effort to start expanding our game servers into the Midwest area. Obviously, with game servers packet loss is a very big deal, and after waiting a week for it to dissipate, we were forced to cancel the server ($$$ down the drain).

I really would have wished that they had suspended new orders instead of allowing us to sign up knowing that their network was saturated, but there you are, live and learn.

Quote Originally Posted by TangoNash View Post
    We had recently tried Datashack.net (their prices are very, very good) in an effort to start expanding our game servers into the Midwest area. Obviously, with game servers packet loss is a very big deal, and after waiting a week for it to dissipate, we were forced to cancel the server ($$$ down the drain).

I really would have wished that they had suspended new orders instead of allowing us to sign up knowing that their network was saturated, but there you are, live and learn.
    Definitely worth reading http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?t=1370854 - seems WSI were victim in this one. I'd never expect Aaron + co to intentionally allow this to happen to their customers. He's worked far too hard to build the business up to what it is over the years.

Hopefully their issues should be settling down now for you guys!