Looking for a generic domain name

I'm looking for a generic domain name that costs $1,000 or less. I would prefer a .com. Please let me know if you run across any good ones.

Thumbs up Some available generics under at and under $1000

Hi Greg,

Here are some of my generics with their corresponding prices:

1DaySale.org ($500)
    7DayPlanner.com ($1000)
    AcquirePoints.com ($500)
    Auto-Security-System.com ($1000)
    BicycleCabs.com ($500)

Regards

Sumbini
    rec3@cox.net

You could try checking out Sedo, Afternic, TDNAM. But I very much doubt you'll get a good generic domain name under $1000. You need to be more specific about your requirements and expectatations.
    Signature Under Construction.

When I say "generic" I meant a "word" such as Dogs.com or Buy.com.

grity.com
    flooj.com

Quote Originally Posted by gregdavidson View Post
    When I say "generic" I meant a "word" such as Dogs.com or Buy.com.
    In which case you need to add another three zeros to your price expectation.

Greg, A generic domain name like dogs.com would be more in the range of $2 million. For a couple thousand you may be able to get a generic one word domain name like CONCIERGED.COM, which I saw listed for sale somewhere. To get an better idea of what domains are selling for, here are a couple of lists from recent domain auctions at Domainrich.com.

Oh ok. Thanks for the info guys. Maybe I should stick with more affordable domain names.

aalwu.com ($250)
    ircqnet.com ($450)
    WARP3.COM
    NL/EU hosting, domains and DNS services.
    Website | E-Mail | PayPal Payments

Oh ok. Thanks for the info guys. Maybe I should stick with more affordable domain names.
    Yeah. There are many 2 word generics under still available or to be had on Sedo, Afternic, TDNAM.

Hi warp3! How are your domains generic? I honestly wouldn't pay the normal $10 registration fee nevermind pay what you're asking.

aalwu.com and
    ircqnet.com

arent generic to my knowledge..

either way, there are plenty of good 2 word generic domains around, however you should have some expectations of what type of words you want.. write down a list of some words you want and then search sedo/tdnam and so forth..
    seeing as you posted a thread you could also list some types here and i'll look around..

don't expect people here will come up with a list of domains/prices for you to choose from. this is not a reasonable expectation.

just go sedo for a quick search and it's all done.

Some people are asking outrageous prices on these sites for generic domain names. Some of them aren't even generic and the owner is placing some high random price on the domain.

True. But you can still find bargains. I do... every day.

How much do you think are the domains Yigz.com, Epcy.com, and Xzib.com worth? I got an offer for $120 but I find it hard to find other 4 letter .com domains like those.

I have a domain, sounds generic and is short.

nachoo.com

It is unique and brandable.

$500 USD
    Todd
    ---------------------------
    Domains for Sale at Afternic!
    http://www.afternic.com/names.php?best=1&u=104718

How much do you think are the domains Yigz.com, Epcy.com, and Xzib.com worth? I got an offer for $120 but I find it hard to find other 4 letter .com domains like those.
    Was that $40 each or $120 each? QYZ are all non-premium letters. If it was $120 each I'd accept the offer. YIQZ/XZIB maybe worth $50. EPCY might be worth $80. So I'd accept $160 for all. I'm not a self-proclaimed LLLL.com expert, but that's my experience for similar names.

I just found what I was looking for before I posted. An LLLL.com valuation guide (for which I'd lost the url, so could post it above). Written by someone who has made a lot of money out of LLLL.com's (at all values). IMHO, one of the most knowledgeable people on LLLL.com's. Here at his blog.. http://4letternoob.wordpress.com/price-guide/

Quote Originally Posted by Sumbini View Post
    Hi Greg,

Here are some of my generics with their corresponding prices:

1DaySale.org ($500)
    7DayPlanner.com ($1000)
    AcquirePoints.com ($500)
    Auto-Security-System.com ($1000)
    BicycleCabs.com ($500)
    Did you pull those prices out of a magic hat? I wouldn't pay more than $50 for any of those.