Thread: WMP 10 question

WMP 10 question

Since i have been using xp while waiting for my desk to be fixed i have using wmp10 and 1 thing i like about it is: the ability to disable enhanced content in streams!! (spam ads,crap that bogs down your player)

I dont think you can disable it in 9 im not sure......

Does anyone know what file controls this function?? (it is k-rad!!)

I was thinking of swapping the file on my computer and seeing if maybe it would then work on 9 also

This is what i mean

Open this in wmp10

http://www.80sreload.com/high.asx

When the box comes up asking to allow the "enhanced content" click no...... then load the stream again and click yes and see what i mean!!

If you dont get prompted you might have to goto tools/options/security and uncheck "Do not prompt me before playing enhanced content...." then load the stream again

Thanx for any help!!

Tinyurl is the answer for posting long urls!!!

Well i found out what key in the reg triggers this

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\MediaPlayer\Preferences

DWORD key: "HTMLViewAsk" with a value of 1

When i put this key into my wmp9 entries it still doesnt prompt me which means there is 1 file that 10 uses that has this in it that 9 doesnt have in its copy........

wmp.dll OR wmpcore.dll or something and if anyone knows what file it is,it would be awesome!!

I suppose i could search ALL FILES for a certain word on the XP upstairs and see if it may come up,i dunno............ ("Enhanced" maybe)

An interesting project!!

73s all

Thumbs up Success

I finally figured out how to do it in wmp9!!

When the embedded crap loads in your player click VIEW/GOTO then click 'Copy to CD or Device' .. Wait until that screen loads on your player then click VIEW/GOTO and click "Now playing" again.....

Now you have the stream WITHOUT ANY EMBEDDED CRAP!!

I knew i could do it,wmp9 is the best of that series!!

WMP 9