mjsotn Guest
    I am currently investigating alternatives to reselling Godaddy domains, and I’m specifically after a solution with an API which can be integrated into our own website.
    I believe I have narrowed it down to NetEarthOne, ResellerClub and LogicBoxes.
    Firstly, I wanted to know if there was any advantage to using a reseller such as ResellerClub or NetEarthOne, rather than just going directly to LogicBoxes which seems to be who these two resellers buy their domains from in the first place, or is it mainly a volume issue, where LogicBoxes has minimums before handing you off to another partner.
    Secondly, I have read in some other threads that NetEarthOne are planning on implementing their own API later in the year, which raises a bit of a warning flag for me really, after all I would hate to have to implement an API now and then completely rewrite it later in the year. Does anyone have any further information on this subject, and know how different the two APIs are likely to be?
    Any experiences / feedback on any of the companies mentioned above, or any other alternatives I should consider would be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks

Hi Mjsotn,
    Firstly we (NetEarthOne) are an ICANN registrar, LogicBoxes are a platform provider, the platform being OrderBox, LogicBoxes are a DirectI business.
    Resellerclub is the reseller division of PublicDomainRegistry.com, AKA DirectI, also an ICANN accredited registrar.
    So technically we both use the same platform. You can go to LB directly but for that you would be going to them for their consultancy to become an ICANN registrar.
    You are quite correct that we are creating our own platform, this being released later this year. It will have a compatability mode built into it for the existing modules out there, so if you create anything it will work as long as you use the existing API.
    Kind regards,
    Chris

Chris had said what I want to, so the decision is up to you now. I will suggest NetEarthOne over ResellerClub as they are cheaper, excellent support, and they will be having their own API soon, and hopefully better than the crappy LogicBoxes interface. The only disadvantage of NEO is that they are currently using LogicBoxes, which is a total piece of crap.

they will be having their own API soon, and hopefully better than the crappy LogicBoxes interface.
    I guess you mix here the interface with the API, not really the same.
    An idea to find registrars with a reasonable good API is to have a look at the billing software out there (e.g. ModernBill, WHMCS, ...) and look which registrars they support. All of those registrars have a working API.

I guess you mix here the interface with the API, not really the same.
    An idea to find registrars with a reasonable good API is to have a look at the billing software out there (e.g. ModernBill, WHMCS, ...) and look which registrars they support. All of those registrars have a working API.An alternative is to use AWBS or WHMCS to handle the rest, while SSL certificates need the manual run still...

Carefully, we remarked a real witch-hunt from PublicDomainRegistry.com/DirectI/Resellerclub the last months.
    Each Russian customer is hunted for "false whois data" and even with a false “spam” blame!
    When we ask any proof of that; as so far not any answer is give!

Just out of curiosity I ask, what is the cost of going to LB for consultancy (consultation charges) to become an ICANN registrar.
    Also, I am extremely excited with NEO, thus planning to sign-up with asap.
    "For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, so that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life." John 3:16, Holy Bible.

Quote Originally Posted by skypn View Post
    Just out of curiosity I ask, what is the cost of going to LB for consultancy (consultation charges) to become an ICANN registrar.
    Also, I am extremely excited with NEO, thus planning to sign-up with asap.
    http://www.logicboxes.com/contact/

They are the ones who can answer your question best.

Thankyou LaptopFreak, I just did that on your advice.
    "For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, so that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life." John 3:16, Holy Bible.