Solidhost all servers down? Network issue?

Hi!

It seems that Solidhost.com is down not only their website but some other servers appear down as well. Is it a network issue...?

The problem is that their support desk in NOT accessible either.

it looks OK now... the outage lasted for about 15 minutes, thus it looks like a network problem.

I hope that there is going to be a formal announcement.

Hi Tonino,

Everything is back up now. We will let you know when we have more information on the cause.

Solidhost (own website and VPSs) appears to be down again for about an hour now. It looks again like a network issue (similar to the one caused last week). I am reporting this here as their website and ticketing system are off, thus there is no way of contacting them.

Hi,

It is being worked on.

Thanks for the quick reply. That's good to know!

I think it's time to consider getting a 3rd party (hosted elsewhere) ticketing system (e.g kayako) in order to avoid this kind of issues.

John, please keep us informed.

It has certainly been talked about this last week :-)

have you got any information of what the problem is and how long is this going to last?

I keep being told it will be resolved soon. I think it's a router at Nikhef. One died last Sunday there and it has been running on a backup. The one that died was shceduled to be replaced in around 5 hours.

Thats just my guess though, I won't find out till its fixed.

Hi,

Solidhost is down for more than one hour (or network issue). My own server id down also, of course.

Tonino is right. There should be a special place for messages about outages. Solidhost forum isn't enough as we can see. This is not a first network problem at this week.

I also check dnsreport.com and other similar services (asking for solidhost.com):
    "A timeout occurred getting the NS records from your nameservers! None of your nameservers responded fast enough. They are probably down or unreachable."

So, this is not my network problem (if someone will ask about that).

I'm waiting for a good news!

And finally, after posting last message everything is working again!

It looks OK now... I hope this is a permanent solution.

yep now all ok.

Am I the only one not being able to access Solidhost now? It has been down for me for at least 15 min. The support site is also down (very strange).

EDIT: It is up again...
    Last edited by jogu6767; 01-12-2007 at 02:41 PM.

... and now it appears down.

First, I thought that I was the only one having problem, but HostTracker shows 35 minutes also.
    Last edited by jogu6767; 01-12-2007 at 03:12 PM.

They are down for a long time now... and this is the 4th time this happens in a month or so. I do not know who's fault this is and what redundancies are NOT in place, but this is getting ridiculus.

Besides the downtime, we faced various network issues during the past month.

Andre & John, this is must be dealt with ASAP.

Having no way of contacting them leaves us wonder if they are even aware of the issue... :-(

Sorry about this, apparently the problem lies at my end (or on the way between my ISP and Solidhost). I can connect through another ISP. (Moderator can delete the last posts made by me).

I can confirm that some ISPs can access the solidhost network and some cannot. I tried 7 different ISPs from EU & US and the results were mixed. 5 do not work 2 work OK mixed between EU & US.

Other NL based providers can be accessed perfectly OK from all providers.

Hi Tomino,

We are aware of the issue and are working on it. I have sent my MSN address to you via PM.

Hi John,

Thanks for contacting me, I got your message. I just wanted to make sure that you are aware of the issue.

The problem seems fixed now. Have you got any information on what was going on?

We have been for more than a year with solidhost and the past month is the only period that we 've faced such repeated issues. Before that, we have only faced a couple of about 1 hour network outage incidents for the whole year, which is quite good.

I think that there must be a specific course of action in order to avoid this from happening again.

I'm experiencing the same problem right now. Anyone else?

solidhost NL down

i can't connect (or very slow) to my vps on solidhost (from BE)
    watchmouse can connect to solidhost.com in other countries but not in NL

The issue just appeared today and has lasted for half an hour now.

Maybe it would be a good idea to start a new thread about this, since the last post here is over 600 days old and this is a different issue?

The servers seem to be back up again.