Looking for a VPS

Looking for agood managed vps solutions. Please dont say servint.com tried them and it was horrible! They don't have a managed solutions they have a "read our forums" and figure it outyourself but we will respond fast solution.

Any one know of an actual managed vds solution that will actually install a firewall and at least some small bit of security?

check out carlos' spreadsheet...

in terms of my own research, liquidweb seems pretty up-front on security stuff -- prehardening, firewall, audits, etc.

But, I have yet to try ANY of the VPS guys yet... still juggling prices vs features. Sorry to hear a negative on servint, as they generally get high ratings around here and I've had them on my 'short list' for a while.

-d
    David Chait, Editor
    CHAITGEAR - Consumer electronics news and reviews

If you are looking for a better managed server or vps company then servint, you have obviously never experienced a bad company and by bad, I mean as far as support and being fully managed. I have used Servint as one of my server companys for a long time and I have never waited over 30 minutes for a response and it is usually 5-10 minutes. To sit their and say they are horrible has to be the funniest thing I have ever heard. They are one of the most respected managed server companies and have one of the best reputations I have ever seen.

Alot of people when they go from a shared server environment to a vps, tend to think it is just as easy to operate as a reseller account but the fact is that their is alot more you have to do on the backend and a bit more of a learning curve envolved.

The Virtuzzio vps does not support the apf firewall but will in the next release but servint is always willing to help with alternatives. If you are not happy with a company you were with, then move on but don't bash a company because you weren't able to figure out a few things on your own.

Please dont say servint.com tried them and it was horrible! They don't have a managed solutions they have a "read our forums" and figure it outyourself but we will respond fast solution.
    I've been with Servint for a month now...best thing I ever did. Support is great and I've NEVER been referred to the forums.

Don't know what planet you are on mate..... Are you trying to start a 'Bash Servint' thread??

If you want to type dross like that, at least use some grammar so its ledgible.

We're well rid of ya

Everybody has a bad experience with a host..sadly most of the people with the good ones aren't too vocal about them.

yeah, I will look into liquid web, If you go with servint just make sure you are not a novice will not get that kinda help from them.

Seems to be a huge market for that though since most of this forum is novice users.

NO win its not a bash thread is an experience that I have had and have heard from others from servint.com yes they do have great support, if that means responding fast. If you want a firewall installed or security you are on your own and you can ask them they will say the same thing. Or tell you to check out the forums.

Even in the servint.com forums that you have to be a client to access there are ton of people sharing experience about getting hacked and how great servint was in helping them. Seems like a better help would be to preven the hack rather than helping them once they already been hacked. but if your an advanced user what do you really need support for? If your not advanced servint is not a good solution.

Try to visit http://www.powervps.com, their support and hardware are great.

See Enhanced Host. They've recently started offering VPS, they have excellent support, and they're pretty flexible in what they'll do for you.

Note the prices shown are in AU dollars.

Lois
    "Do what you can, where you are, with what you have." – Theodore Roosevelt