Kaspersky blocking website images from loading!

Hello,

SUMMARY : Kaspersky anti-virus stops images from loading on www.team-bhp.com/forum and a whole host of other websites.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2.jpg 
Views:	214 
Size:	219.5 KB 
ID:	23955

Name:	1.jpg 
Views:	165 
Size:	182.2 KB 
ID:	23954

-----------------------------------------------

We've contacted Kaspersky Support about this way back in July 2012, where the problem only affected Chrome. They said they tried, but could not find the bug.

2 weeks back there was an update to Kaspersky Internet Security that required a system restart and it got much worse. It started affecting ALL browers when viewing images on particular sites (including our site - where several members have complained of this).

Unfortunately, since this only affects specific websites - most users visiting those sites probably blame the sites, and don't realise its their KIS that is botching up the image loading. For the administrators of those sites though, this is a nightmare. It is severely affecting our site and its users (1.4 Million uniques a month).

The reason I'm posting this is to hear from more people facing this issue, and if they have found any solutions. We're hopefully Kaspersky notices that this is a MAJOR problem and does something about it quickly.

From what we've gathered:

Products Affected:
    Kaspersky Internet Security 2012
    Kaspersky Anti-Virus 2012

OSes:
    Win XP-SP3
    Win 7 64-bit (& 32 bit?)

Browsers:
    IE9 (and others)
    Opera 12
    Firefox 16.0.2
    Chrome 22.0.1229.94m

It's happening on multiple sites:
    1) http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...ow-mumbai.html
    2) http://www.dharmasrayagems.com/
    3) http://www.primeabgb.com/index.php?o...=447&Itemid=53
    4) http://superuser.com/questions/49925...nked-http-data

This has gone on for too long, and its only gotten worse. Kaspersky says that the 2013 version doesn't suffer from this problem. Well, asking 100,000+ momentary visitors to "update to 2013" is NOT a viable solution.

Its been irresponsible of Kaspersky to have not fixed this bug in the 5 months we've been reporting it, and now its got MUCH worse. They need to put some manpower onto it and get to the root cause. Ideally, there would be a software fix that gets pushed automatically (just like the software update that first caused the problem).

If anyone has more info on this, please do share.

Thanks,

Name:	3.jpg 
Views:	126 
Size:	190.4 KB 
ID:	23956

Out of curiosity, are these image errors due to a CDN on the site? I have recently come across some information that mentioned certain Antivirus systems and even web applications blocking CDN's for some odd reason.

Quote Originally Posted by xtimgx View Post
    Out of curiosity, are these image errors due to a CDN on the site? I have recently come across some information that mentioned certain Antivirus systems and even web applications blocking CDN's for some odd reason.
    Hi xtimgx,

Thanks for your reply. Nope, we don't have a CDN and I doubt the other websites I listed do either.

Images blocked

I can confirm that Kaspersky is blocking web images. Have not yet found a solution to the problem.

I'm sure Kaspersky will find a fix for it if it's their fault.

Exactly same problem here.
    Just sent support ticket to Kaspersky.
    Will report back if solution is provided.

No reply from Kaspersky yet (only been 24hrs), butI have resolved my issues by upgrading to KIS 2013.
    Just downloaded a trial version & then activated using my 2012 code as suggested elsewhere.
    Not exactly a fix , but eliminated the issue.
    All images load perfectly now.

Quote Originally Posted by Flyeroz View Post
    No reply from Kaspersky yet (only been 24hrs), butI have resolved my issues by upgrading to KIS 2013.
    Just downloaded a trial version & then activated using my 2012 code as suggested elsewhere.
    Not exactly a fix , but eliminated the issue.
    All images load perfectly now.
    Same here... KIS 2013 solved my problem as well.

Hi Guys,

Thanks for commenting. Yes, KIS 2013 doesn't exhibit the same behaviour, but that's hardly a solution!! How do we tell thousands of visitors to upgrade to KIS 2013? Shouldn't Kaspersky just release an update on KIS 2012 that solves this problem?

I'm just really disappointed that Kaspersky has done nothing to resolve the issue, despite bringing it to their notice several times. In effect, they are inconveniencing their own customers (who cannot see website images) and website owners (whose pictures cannot be displayed, ruining the user experience).

* I found something that could fix why kaspersky is not loading images

Hello everyone:

Iīve got Kaspersky Internet security 2012 installed in my old Windows Vista OS , and all web browsers had the same issue (chrome, firefox, ie6) , frustrated and in a desperate way I tried to reinstall Kasperky to the 2013 version, and uninstall the 2012 version to see if would fix it the problem.
    In the middle of the installation it happened something that fixed the problem (at least for my computer with windows vista):
    Windows notified me both firewalls were turned off (Windows and Kaspersky), and displayed me an alert message requesting urgent to turn them on and indicated me better to turn on just one firewall (windows or karspersky firewall) so I chose just windows firewall on. SOLVED PROBLEM . The images load properly .Everything is secure and browsing normally.

..So in my case with with Windows Vista the problem of loading images in browsers was solved this way: turn kaspersky firewall OFF, and then turn windows firewall ON.

Seeing this, I saw it was unnecessary to install Kaspersky 2013, and didnīt do any other changes to my browsers or preferences in windows, just this above....

I have seen lots of forums regarding this issue of problems with loading images in browsers with Kaspersky IS, so I hope this could help you . rgds.

Quote Originally Posted by marco1973 View Post
    I chose just windows firewall on. SOLVED PROBLEM . The images load properly .Everything is secure and browsing normally.
    Many thanks Marco! I'm going to forward your reply to Kaspersky right away. Here's hoping your post has given us the breakthrough we were looking for.

Appreciate the help.

A fix for this annoying issue

Open Kaspersky, click on "settings", go to the tab "web antivirus" and then de-select "Enable Web Antivirus"

This fixed the issue for me. The images are now fully loading in chrome and firefox.

I dont know if it poses a security risk though. Frankly I am relieved that the images are loading and I am not going to buy Kaspersky again.

Hope this helps.

Quote Originally Posted by arvind1975 View Post
    Open Kaspersky, click on "settings", go to the tab "web antivirus" and then de-select "Enable Web Antivirus"
    I wouldn't recommend this. If you visit a site loaded with malware, Kaspersky isn't going to offer any protection at all!

Honestly, Kaspersky has been too slow here. And there is NO solution in sight!

Answer

I've installed Kaspersky IS 2013 last version on 4 computers, and I have the same problem just on one of them, In details Kaspersky blocks Facebook and Google, (I guess it does the same with other websites but until now it didn't block anything except those two) It aborts the request for connection, I tried to change all the combinations of the options in the settings, nothing worked, sometimes from while to while Kaspersky stops blocking, but after that it starts again, when disabling protection(pausing protection, turning kaspersky off) Facebook and Google are unblocked, but what worked at last is disabling Parental Control (by the way, Parental Control doesn't help, I had it disabled all the time, still Facebook and Google were blocked) and enabling "block dangerous websites" this option helps blocking only known dangerous websites and allowing other websites that Kaspersky isn't sure of, like Facebook and Google.
    Then I had it fine until now, I will see if it will block it again in future, I will write for further information.

Note: Facebook and Google are blocked only on Google Chrome, they work fine on Firefox and IE, sometimes also it blocks images(also only on Chrome) on different websites.