Thread: Site to review!

Please let me know what you think of my site http://www.ocprices.com

I know many of you probably don't like 100% width designs, but the site's main focus will be a pricelist on overclocking equipment, and I have sort of optimized it for 1024x768 and higher, but it should still work in 800x600 too...

Any comments are welcome - and please state which browser and resolution you have, especially if reporting problems...

Thanks

Looks extremely good. I like the color selection. I dint view the writing, so cant help you there.
    The Php Support Desk
    http://www.phpsupportdesk.com
    Custom programming - kunal @ e-phoria.com
    http://www.pingzine.com - Ping!Zine. the FREE, FRESH and EXCITING Web Hosting Magazine...

Very noce layout and design. The only problem I see is the the last button at the top,(Advertise), hangs off the end a little. Other that that, great job.

Hello,

Great design. Nice start. A few issues to consider.

1) I confirmed what the other poster said. Your page is to wide at 800x600. Tested with IE and N

2) The "monochromatic" design is very very nice but you need to be carefull about your "tabs" which are of course links like home, price list, etc. The text/tabs are not prominent enough. I suggest sliding them all to the far left, making the tab and the type a little bigger, and maybe play with a drop shadow on the type.

3) At the bottom of all your pages you need a "Top of Page" link. I prefer to build these in from day one so I don't forget them If you are using "includes" you could just put this link in that file.

4) You might want to consider "key words" in some of your graphics ALT tags. Some engines do look at this stuff.

Most of the above is nit picky stuff but always important on a high quality site like yours. Best of luck

Thanks for the input guys - it's really appreciated

I'll check out all the things you have commented about, and post again when I have.

Thanks

Very nice, one little pointer trought, on the OC logo (top left) you really can't see the C inside the O, at first it looks like a thin donut only, so you might want to rethink the lighting and color distribution on that one
    Carlos Rego
    OnApp CVO

The Cloud Engine

Hehe - 'looks like a thin donut only'... ... Well, the logo used to be flat, but I decided to '3D' it !!! I will see if I can make it easier to see that it is an O and a C

I have now fixed the page so it can be viewed in 800x600, and I have also made changes to the text as suggested...

I am still working on getting the alt's for the images done - they'll soon be done... Thanks for the advice on that

As for a top of page link... I will consider that...

Again - thanks

The new changes look great and 800x600 using IE 4 is fixed.

Angry

humm , now I can't access the page anymore
    Carlos Rego
    OnApp CVO

The Cloud Engine

I'm afraid it's down at the moment Sorry...

This is the third time in a week

And it's up again ... Don't know what happened...

yes, I can access it now , about the O and C logo, I think as long as you chnage the light a little bit so it doesn't reflet at the end of the C (making the C fade) you should be all set with the 3D Logo
    Carlos Rego
    OnApp CVO

The Cloud Engine

Now I have changed the OC logo, and have added some keywords to my alt tags - hope it is better now... I certainly think it is...

Thanks for the advice

Thumbs up

It definitely looks better now

There is no need to look at it and think what that donut is
    Nice and clear.