HELP! Domain transfer to new host

Hi guys,

Taken me a while to finally get around to it, but we recently built a new website on Big Cartel / our old website was on Go Daddy / and i think we're having issues with the domain and DNS.

If anyone can help me identify what the issue is and how to fix it it would be great?

Currently when typing in our website victorious.co.nz it basically 'redirects' to our new version of our website.

If anyone can take a look you'll see what i mean. It doesn't seem to me like a seemless access to our website.

HELP!!!! I'm a n00bbbbbb when it comes to the web!!

Many thanks in advance.

What is your domain name? I could have a look and have a look where your going wrong?

victorious.co.nz

Did you discuss this with your provider?

Quote Originally Posted by victort View Post
    Hi guys,

Taken me a while to finally get around to it, but we recently built a new website on Big Cartel / our old website was on Go Daddy / and i think we're having issues with the domain and DNS.

If anyone can help me identify what the issue is and how to fix it it would be great?

Currently when typing in our website victorious.co.nz it basically 'redirects' to our new version of our website.

If anyone can take a look you'll see what i mean. It doesn't seem to me like a seemless access to our website.

HELP!!!! I'm a n00bbbbbb when it comes to the web!!

Many thanks in advance.
    Have you contacted your web hosting provider to help you out a bit?

I think we would have at the time but can't remember 100% as it's been a while now. Not a big problem at all i can contact godaddy again if it's not a quick fix you guys can point out for me. Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by 1HOSTeu View Post
    Have you contacted your web hosting provider to help you out a bit?

When I lookup your domain, it says that it is pointing to godaddy servers.
    Is this where you wanted it to point to? Or did you need it to point to big cartel?

I need it pointing to big cartel! Any idea how i would redirect it?

Quote Originally Posted by Mad_matt View Post
    When I lookup your domain, it says that it is pointing to godaddy servers.
    Is this where you wanted it to point to? Or did you need it to point to big cartel?

You would just need the BigCartel nameservers. Go to where your domain is registered and in your domain management panel change the nameservers with the BigCartel ones. After a short propagation it will open whatever website content you put on BigCartel.
    www.WebHostFace.com where Service always comes with a smiling face!
    Contact us for Shared, VPS, Reseller and Dedicated Hosting Solutions.

I've just hopped onto the Big Cartel site and this is what they say about name servers in their FAQ.

Can I get your IP address or Name Servers for my DNS Host?

For your own good, the answer is no. You won’t need to use our IP address or name servers to link your custom domain to your Big Cartel store. IP addresses change over time, and if we change ours, the redirect to your domain would break–leaving your shop inaccessible.

Trust us: using a CNAME record to redirect your domain will prevent major frustration, and keep your store open for business around the clock.

Quote Originally Posted by Rado_Ch View Post
    You would just need the BigCartel nameservers. Go to where your domain is registered and in your domain management panel change the nameservers with the BigCartel ones. After a short propagation it will open whatever website content you put on BigCartel.

1. So, why don't you follow follow their directions and use CNAME like they tell you to?
    2. Of course there's a redirect. It's in your page's source code. If you don't want a redirect, then why on Earth would you put a Javascript redirect in <head/>?
    [GB ≠ GiB] [MB ≠ MiB] [kB ≠ kiB] [1000 ≠ 1024] [Giga ≠ gram] [Mega ≠ milli] [Kelvin ≠ kilo] [Byte ≠ bit]
    There is no millibit. There is no gram-bit. There is no Kelvin-Byte.

I didn't create the website myself. As per my original message above - i'm a nooob so that's why i'm looking for help in this forum.

I've read the CNAME instructions and it's not abundantly clear to me - but i'll take a look at it again.

Quote Originally Posted by petteyg359 View Post
    1. So, why don't you follow follow their directions and use CNAME like they tell you to?
    2. Of course there's a redirect. It's in your page's source code. If you don't want a redirect, then why on Earth would you put a Javascript redirect in <head/>?

Hi guys,

I've watched the tutorials and it seems everything has been set up correctly - DNS pointing correctly - but i'm still baffled as to why it tries to load my old website before redirecting to my new one?

I've also tried to have a look at my header for any redirects but can't seem to see it - unless someone with better eyesight perhaps can have a quick look for me??

HELP!! Thanks in advance

new website on Big Cartel / our old website was on Go Daddy
    I've watched the tutorials and it seems everything has been set up correctly - DNS pointing correctly
    Current dig shows it's still on GoDaddy?
    Dig victorious.co.nz@ns68.domaincontrol.com (208.109.255.44) ...
    Authoritative Answer
    Query for victorious.co.nz type=255 class=1
    victorious.co.nz SOA (Zone of Authority)
    Primary NS: ns67.domaincontrol.com
    Responsible person: dns@jomax.net
    serial:2013052201
    refresh:28800s (8 hours)
    retry:7200s (2 hours)
    expire:604800s (7 days)
    minimum-ttl:3600s (60 minutes)
    victorious.co.nz A (Address) 182.50.134.1
    victorious.co.nz MX (Mail Exchanger) Priority: 0 smtp.secureserver.net
    victorious.co.nz MX (Mail Exchanger) Priority: 10 mailstore1.secureserver.net
    victorious.co.nz NS (Nameserver) ns67.domaincontrol.com
    victorious.co.nz NS (Nameserver) ns68.domaincontrol.com
    Instructions are here: http://help.bigcartel.com/basics/dom...-domain-setup/
    Last edited by bear; 11-11-2014 at 07:04 PM.
    Your one stop shop for decentralization

Thanks, but what does all this mean? I've followed exactly the instructions from Big Cartel. Everything on the Front End settings seem OK. How do i fix it using this info you've provided? What's a dig?

Is it something i need to change in the Go Daddy settings or Big Cartel settings?

Quote Originally Posted by bear View Post
    Current dig shows it's still on GoDaddy?

Instructions are here: http://help.bigcartel.com/basics/dom...-domain-setup/