Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast
    I'm a big fan of Win 7 because it is quicker, faster, and reliable than the past versions, but not sure about win 8 cuz i have never used before, and beside it is for touch screen.
      0 Not allowed!

for a Professional user 7 is better
    windows 8 has a beautiful screen and better for girls
      0 Not allowed!

Windows 8 isn't bad for guys too.

It's nice, but it takes some getting used to.
      0 Not allowed!

Windows 7 Is Best Operating System its Very Fast and anyone can use very easily as compare to Windows 8
      0 Not allowed!

I wouldn't say it's the 'best'. It's good because it resembles the OSs that people have been using for years, but Windows 8 is like the future of Microsoft OSs
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by toshost View Post
    I used Windows 7 last 1 year now i see Microsoft start sale a new windows which called windows 8.
    now help me to choose which is best windows7 or windows8 ?
    I am Still Using Windows XP. For Me it's the Best Microsoft ever Developed.It's Faster & Almost all Old & New Application Works in XP. SO it's Still the Best
      0 Not allowed!

I don't think you can really call any the best, as its all down to how you use it and what you use it for and not forgetting personal preference.

I've always used Windows, so I'd have to go for Windows 7, I do like Windows 8 but moved away from it, going to wait for Windows 8.1 and further updates, I've thought about installing Ubuntu but not yet got round to it, might give it ago someday..
      0 Not allowed!

That depends what you are doing on it. Windows, Linux even OSx has its own benefits.
    MochaHost - 11 Years of raising the bar and lowering prices
    Home of the Lifetime Discount Guarantee.
      0 Not allowed!

I agree with Thor Erik both windows 7 and windows 8 is great. But if you want something new go for windows 8.
      0 Not allowed!

I preferred Mac OS X until MS released Windows 7.

Using Windows 8 atm and I like it. Fast, stable, looks good...

But it all depends on your needs and of course is matter of taste.
      0 Not allowed!

Windows 7 is the stable one till date. Many a softwares are yet not compatible to Windows 8
    WEBUZO - Single User Control Panel for your VPS/Cloud/Server (CentOS/Ubuntu)
    Install NGINX, Apache, MySQL, LAMP, LEMP, PHP, Java and 310+ popular scripts by a CLICK
    Email Server, Database Management, Domain Management, FTP Management, CSF, CRON
      0 Not allowed!

I'm still on windows XP on my old 6 almost 7 year old emachines desktop and I find nothing wrong with it. It works just fine for me.

I have windows 7 on my laptop and did try out windows 8 on a laptop in the store. But it just wasn't my cup of tea.

I could probably get used to it. But as long as this windows xp emachines keeps ticking and my laptop with windows 7 keeps on ticking I won't upgrade to any other operating system.

I see windows myself using windows 7 for awhile yet.

I hope the next version of windows after windows 8 has the start menu.

Chad
    Webmasterbabble.com Webmaster Forum
    Come join us at webmasterbabble.com
      0 Not allowed!

I'm very comfortable and productive with Linux Mint :-)
    Innovative Monitoring Solutions - Xitoring
    Linux Server Monitoring | Windows Server Monitoring
    Uptime Monitoring | Status Page | SSL Monitoring | API Monitoring
      0 Not allowed!

Windows 7 is the best OS from Microsoft I have ever experienced.
    Very simple to install and has a better UI also best security
      0 Not allowed!

Windows 8 is windows 7 but with cool apps! The apps are killer...

Some don't like the start menu, but I don't see a difference from that and what we have now. Although, it does some funky things when trying to use metro and desktop apps... that can get confusing quickly... or if something metro opens while you are on desktop... there needs to be more separation there...
    Windows 10 to Linux and Mac OSX: I'm PARSECs better than you. Eat my dust!!!
      0 Not allowed!

Windows 7 is my preferred choice. Before that it was XP.
      0 Not allowed!

If you're buying an OS and not upgrading then I guess it's pointless to buy Windows 7 since it'll become unsupported sooner, but if you're about to upgrade I suggest sticking with 7 until there are a good amount of patches rolled out for 8.
      0 Not allowed!

Since I'm an iOS developer, designer, web developer, I'd prefer Macintosh.
      0 Not allowed!

I used Windows from 3.1 till 7.0. 2 years ago I completely switched to Ubuntu ( with a Windows running in a VM ) and I'm happy.

I never used Mac OS, hate it, will kill it if I see etc etc
      0 Not allowed!

Still on Windows 7, maybe I'll take the plunge on Windows 8 when Microsoft puts out the first service pack. I installed Vista when it first came out and regretted it big time.
      0 Not allowed!

I've been incredibly impressed with Windows 7. We run it across all of our business and if you get 64-bit on a decent SSD it really makes for a pleasant computing experience, as it were
      0 Not allowed!

I hated windows 8 when i first tried it. but now i found Classic Shell and it has been great since.
    My sentiments exactly. I find almost impossible to work on Windows 8 without classic shell. Win 8 sucks big time if you are on a non-touchscreen machine.

Windows 7 works just great for me.
    DarshWebSolutions.com : Web Design, PHP Development, E-Commerce Solutions

PDF-ace.com : HTML to PDF API
      0 Not allowed!

OS

Quote Originally Posted by Alek_MochaHost View Post
    That depends what you are doing on it. Windows, Linux even OSx has its own benefits.
    totally agree .
    for example I use Ubuntu for usual stuff like browsing and watching music and video files, but I use windows 8 for using special applications like photoshop, allthough windows 8 has a really good speed
    and overall I recommend you to use both : linux + windows
      0 Not allowed!

There are a lot of factors to consider if you are choosing between Win 7 and Win 8. You might want to check your hardware specs, software needs and demands. Win 8 is still in its early stages so it has a lot of bugs so you would also have to consider your technical capacity when choosing.
      1 Not allowed!

You may consider mint-linux which is windows like free Linux operating system based on Ubuntu
      0 Not allowed!

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast