Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Personally I use AVG Internet Security and love it I've used many others but AVG is fast and light weight and works amazing. Norton is second best
      0 Not allowed!

Avast, in combination with Malwarebytes, is what my pc repair tech recommends.

But on my Windows 7 Asus machine, Avast Pro was causing programs to freeze, BSOD, etc. Even after a factory reset. It had my repair guys stumped and I was about to trash a powerful machine. Then I removed Avast Pro, went back to the free version, and still had problems. Now with MSE everything runs smoothly.

Does anyone have an opinion on Super Anti Spyware? My techs recommend that too but all I've ever seen it do is remove cookies.
      0 Not allowed!

Get original norton-anti-virus ,if you are serious and making money online.Now a days the online threats have increased.I have brought myself windows 7 and norton anti-virus 360.never faced any type of problem due to original things.Dont compromise on security.
      0 Not allowed!

installing anti-virus, smart security kits then you alredy got virus

can not work pacefully it will say this block and this block .... ..... ...block then need restart ..... update .... block block

then got a another cpu for runing anti-virus because you need another cpu for work
    Comcities.com| provide hosting solutions – Since 2002
    Icecast Hosting | Shoutcast Hosting | Mobile Streaming | Live TV Streaming | Live Radio Streaming
    CPanel Hosting Solutions | Dedicated Servers | Wowza Media Dedicated Servers | CDN Solutions
      0 Not allowed!

i personally use Bit Defender. it is best for me.
      0 Not allowed!

Malwarebytes. Quickest to find malware.
      0 Not allowed!

I like ClamAV! Lightweight, awesome and runs on both Lin and Win! And maybe Mac I'm not sure o.O
      0 Not allowed!

I have personally used numerous free antivirus over the years and have found AVG to be the best in this field. It is efficient, protects from viruses and trojans well and is not very heavy as well.
      0 Not allowed!

I use avast premier and its great, stops all kinds of virus and malware and it have avast firewall which is great firewall.
      0 Not allowed!

Microsoft's free one on my personal machines (was called MSE, not sure what it's new Windows 8 name is!), and Symantec Endpoint Protection on the corporate machines I manage.
    Alasdair
    Long time ex-host, ex-billing software owner/developer/support staff. Recent lurker.
      0 Not allowed!

I'm using Eset Smart Security for a few years now and I'm happy with it. It's fast and has nice firewall.

Before that I used NOD32 with Comodo firewall.
      0 Not allowed!

Bitdefender... it's been rated top dog for the last few years I believe.
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by tickedon View Post
    Microsoft's free one on my personal machines (was called MSE, not sure what it's new Windows 8 name is!)
    It is called Windows Defender on Windows 8.
    NetDynamics LLC - One-stop Solution for Hosting Needs
    We love Backups! Backup storage for your server backups
      0 Not allowed!

I recommend Avast. I've used it for a year and it has not let me down. I used MSE before that and got infected many times. Each time I would spend like half a day to get rid of the virus.
      0 Not allowed!

I'm using standard windows one and Comodo firewall
    Louis | Balliante
    UK Unmanaged Dedicated Servers
    Contact us for a custom server quote
      0 Not allowed!

Microsoft Security Essential depending what kind of protection you need. Microsoft Security Essential just scan viruses and that's it while other paid software have indenty protection etc.
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick_V View Post
    Microsoft Security Essential depending what kind of protection you need. Microsoft Security Essential just scan viruses and that's it while other paid software have indenty protection etc.
    If someone is willing to pay for good real time protection during web surfing, which antivirus would you recommend for Windows users?
    NetDynamics LLC - One-stop Solution for Hosting Needs
    We love Backups! Backup storage for your server backups
      0 Not allowed!

Hello,

I have only ever used avast, its free and it doesn't take up much of your computers resources so you still get the use of your computer system. I just found Norton a resource hogger quite a few years back, but Ive stuck with avast ever since, it does the job.

Regards,
    Adam
      0 Not allowed!

One of best antivirus these days is using Linux or OSX. Windows is insecure by design and there are lot of 0-days threats. Even if you update Windows - there are lot of components that may fail - Java, Flash, PDF, etc.

I check often spam with VirusTotal that i get on mails. Initialy i get 2 AV from 46 to recognize virus. After 8 hours 10 from 46, after 16 hours - 12 from 46 and after 24 hours almost 20 from 46.

It's risky business to be on Windows!
      0 Not allowed!

The best protection against viruses is to not execute any suspicious or questionable content.
      0 Not allowed!

Avast is fine, shame they started to spam the advertisements now
    Marcus Stewart Hughes
    HybridCluster - Failover that Just Works
    +44 20 3287 9680 | +1 (415) 800 4658
      0 Not allowed!

I personally use NOD32 due to it not being a resource-hogger. Its interface is quite sleek as well!
      0 Not allowed!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234