It seems that as G+, Google’s flagship social media platform

A couple of weeks ago, I found myself blogging about Search Plus Your World, Google’s proposed algorithm update which could systematically change the way we operate SEO.

It seems that as G+, Google’s flagship social media platform, gathers speed, a new age of search could be arriving quicker than we thought.

Panic posting has begun. Those not yet aware of G+ have seen absurd requests from strangers requesting their presence in ‘circles’, or to ‘hangout’, confusing social terminology that has also resulted in an ever so slight decline in their Twitter activity.

September22nd 2011 was the day I first joined Google Plus, after persistent nudges from targeted ads on my Gmail account. As simple as the account setup was, my first post was ‘Why does Google feel like Facebook?’. Looking back, as ignorant as that was for someone who works in the Internet industry, it’s decidedly apt. At the moment, G+ is a sort of half-way house between Facebook and professional network LinkedIn; not quite a place you can post about your hangover, but more relaxed than a platform that assesses you purely on your CV.

The most popular social networks all operate in different ways, requiring a separate dictionary of jargon (hashtagging, anyone?), but the biggest difference between them is the way in which we select friends, followers, connections, circle members etc. For example, I use my G+ account to gather information from leaders in my industry (SEO, if any of you are interested), Facebook to keep in touch with past and present friends, and Twitter to fuel my obsession with the culture of celebrity. LinkedIn terrifies me, and I’m forever checking my ‘stats’ to see who has been nosing at my modest list of achievements.

I've really started to love G+

Regards

Camille

G+ will take a long time to evolve and develop into a mature social network even though it is patronized by Google.

Not sure what google is Google plus, asides making rankings for your keywords higher in your friend's searches. Even with thousands of friends the odds of them searching for your targeted keyword, and then click into your site because of the better positioning in the google isn't that much, at least nothing to cheer about for any decent-sized business. So far I havn't seem it as being practical, aside from all the hype surrounding it, and it's too easily abused.

To hae a big circle in G+ based on keyword will also help you to improve your rating in google searches.