reseller plan with good cpu share

my current reseller host is complaining about 2.xx% cpu usage even that happens occasionally like once in 6 hours etc

is there any reseller plans with guaranteed amount of cpu share ? please advice

2.xx% CPU usage is actually quite little and I don't see why any host should complain about that, especially if it only happens once per 6 hours as you mentioned.

I don't believe any reseller plan would guarantee you a certain amount of CPU share, the only issue you would face is if an account uses more than their allocated resource of CPU usage (i.e. 10-15%) for more than a certain duration (usually 1-2 minutes depending).

While this is already quite a generous amount for accounts on a shared hosting environment, what will happen if an account goes beyond this limit is that it would be automatically suspended by the system and you would be notified usually.

Good luck in your search and keep us updated.
    HostStellar.com - Stellar Shared and Reseller Hosting
    Features: LiteSpeed Powered | R1Soft Backup (6 hourly) | RVSiteBuilder Pro | Jailed SSH Access
    Guarantees: 24/7/365 Stellar Support | 30 Days Money Back | 99.9% Uptime SLA

I recommend Hostdime. Their CPU usage limit is 20% per domain/file/application. And their support is fast and the uptime of the servers are good.
    domainCart - PHP / AJAX Domain and Hosting Order Script | WHMCS Alternative
    Supports 700+ domain extensions, 27+ payment gateways, multi-currency with auto exchange..
    www.domaincart.net | Demo (all in one - without template)

I agree 2% is very little, you shouldn't have an issue finding someone with such low limit
    | Manny Vivar - manny.v@hostdime.com| HostDime | Premier Global Data Centers
    | www.hostdime.com/global | Global Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS) Provider Since 2003
    | Managed Dedicated Servers | Global Colocation Facilities | Managed VPS | Managed Private Cloud
    | Data Centers in Florida, USA | Mexico | Brazil | UK | Hong Kong | India | Netherlands
    | Colombia |

True! im still deciding whether to get a vps or reseller account.. hostdime pricing is almost equivalent to a basic managed vps w/root access etc

In a VPS you have more control but CPU/Memory limitation is much less vs a shared server which has 8 cpus 12GB ram and you can burst

either way I don't think you can find a managed vps with cpanel with 512MB ram for less then $45 from a reputable company
    | www.hostdime.com/global | Global Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS) Provider Since 2003
    | Managed Dedicated Servers | Global Colocation Facilities | Managed VPS | Managed Private Cloud
    | Data Centers in Florida, USA | Mexico | Brazil | UK | Hong Kong | India | Netherlands
    | Colombia |

You might want to let us know your resources and budget requirements as well. Some hosts do provide migration services for free so you can easily transfer your accounts over if necessary.
    Features: LiteSpeed Powered | R1Soft Backup (6 hourly) | RVSiteBuilder Pro | Jailed SSH Access

i was looking at jaguarpc vps incl cpanel, full management etc for $22.xx (but only 384mb ram)

Quote Originally Posted by NEAT View Post
    i was looking at jaguarpc vps incl cpanel, full management etc for $22.xx (but only 384mb ram)
    384MB RAM should be sufficient to run cPanel properly. But you might want to consider the following points if you are looking to resell hosting services:

1) Features that you can provide to your clients - You are likely to get more features with a reseller hosting account than you can get with a VPS that you can offer to your clients. Some of these would include one click installers (Fantastico, Installatron, Softaculous) or website builders, the list can go on. These features are third party softwares that you can install on your VPS but would incur additional costs each month.

2) Number of websites you can host - While 384MB is sufficient to run cPanel properly, you would probably start to face some latency after hosting a certain number of clients. This wouldn't be the case on a reseller hosting server.

I would say your experience with your current host is a very isolated case and you needn't worry about having to move to a VPS just to prevent the 2% CPU Usage issue from happening again - a decent reseller hosting provider would match your needs pretty much really, and you would get more features to pass on to your clients which can in turn increase sales.

yeah 2.xx% cpu share is ridiculous and clearly shows their intention of overselling

Quote Originally Posted by Jansen [FH] View Post
    2) Number of websites you can host - While 384MB is sufficient to run cPanel properly, you would probably start to face some latency after hosting a certain number of clients. This wouldn't be the case on a reseller hosting server.

Well said
    | Colombia |

Quote Originally Posted by HostDime View Post
    In a VPS you have more control but CPU/Memory limitation is much less vs a shared server which has 8 cpus 12GB ram and you can burst

either way I don't think you can find a managed vps with cpanel with 512MB ram for less then $45 from a reputable company
    I assure you that they are around! Scrolling the Web Hosting Talk Offers section for a VPS would yield some results.

That being said, I see no reason why you would need to upgrade to a VPS at the present time. A Master Reseller would do the job, and only 2% of CPU is very low. I have never before came into contact with your current host, but this sounds like they are drastically overselling their servers.