Single Hop Instability...again?

my server disconnected from the net again, didnt crash, when it came up everything was running, also leap was down for several mins as well. at first i thought i needed a restart tried to login an no go. this only lasted for a few mins, but i run game servers, a few mins of a player unable to join means they find a new place to play. this is starting to get very frustrating. i see single hop saying they are updating their network, however all these down times are NOT in the timeframes they specify. they are just random. its starting to get frustrating. im hoping this gets fixed soon.

Unfortunately, yes.

We did have some connectivity issues today lasting less than 10 Minutes. They are directly related to what has occurred in the past few days, and Maintenance to replace the failing backpanel is scheduled for today 11pm-4am CST. We recently have invested over $250,000 in upgrades and the failing piece of hardware is in one of our new routers. Its failure is such that it doesn't even communicate with our backup and around 40% or so of servers are affected.

Again, maintenance to address this issue is already scheduled to being in less than 12 hours from now. 11pm-4am CST. Down time expected during maintenance is less than 15 minutes.
    We are extremely frustrated, saddened, and ready to address this issue.

We apologize, and we know that every time this happens it shakes the confidence that you have in us, we are particularly saddened by this. You have all the right to be upset and annoyed at us and our recent, though highly atypical, performance.

Thanks for your patience, we are doing our best to remedy the situation.

Daniel Salcedo
    Communications Manager

For a critical piece of hardware like this you really need to replace it ASAP not 4-5 days after the problems start.

As a heads up to all, we have started the maintenance. Everything is looking to be in order, and I'm on site with our technicians so that I can provide updates as they happen.

Daniel

As a follow up, the faulty chassis has been replaced, and I will provide an update shortly.

Thanks for your patience.

Daniel

Looking good here- no errors. Chassis & switch blades have been replaced. Will provide additional updates shortly, but looking very good here, and all customers have been up for some time now.

Daniel

All maintenance work has been successfully completed. No more error messages. On-site 24 hour technicians will of course keep monitoring the situation, as they always do, but we are confident that the issue has been resolved.

Thanks for your patience everyone,

Daniel