google adwords. i dont get it

My account gets slowed already 2 times now.

Can you guys tell me what your doing to get the clicks and not pay a ton?

Your account gets slowed? What that means?

It depends in the industry you operate and on the market segment as well.
    Imagination is more important than knowledge.

post your success stories with adwords

heres what google sends you.

We'd like to notify you that the AdWords system has slowed the delivery
    of some of your ads because one or more of your keywords isn't meeting
    the minimum required clickthrough rate (CTR).

It's critical that you review your ads as soon as possible. If your
    keywords continue to perform below this minimum requirement, the system
    may disable them completely.

Also, please note that if the system slows your account due to low
    performance three times in a row, we will charge you a $5.00 fee every
    third time you restore it. (According to our records, this is the
    second time your account has been slowed.)

Please visit
    https://adwords.google.com/select/pe....html?hl=en_US now to
    learn how to:
    - Restore your account.
    - Optimize your ads.
    - Avoid this process in the future.

As always, if you have any questions, feel free to send us an email by
    logging in to your account and clicking 'Contact Us.'

Sincerely,

The Google AdWords Team

http://www.giggahost.com

THis means that you are either not choosing the most relevant keywords, or not paying enough to make the ad visible, or both.
    Web Hosting Reviews — based on real customer feedback
    77 Ways To More Traffic

i do this

alot of my words im top 5 for but they dont get much impressions like maybe 20 .

Is there a way i can make sperate ads for each keyword i use?
    this could take forever but seems people target it exactly. to get people to click .

Originally posted by Nadabrahma
    THis means that you are either not choosing the most relevant keywords, or not paying enough to make the ad visible, or both.
    You need to remember to choose the keywords wisely. If you do not have ton of money then do not use keywords for example "webhosts" domains and so on. Find keywords that fit your site and what you specialize in.

It took us a year before we finally figured out what worked and what did not.

Re: i do this

Originally posted by giggahost
    alot of my words im top 5 for but they dont get much impressions like maybe 20 .

Is there a way i can make sperate ads for each keyword i use?
    this could take forever but seems people target it exactly. to get people to click .
    That's the whole point of Adwords, making individual ads per keyword. You weren't doing that

hehe

no I wasnt targeting exactly the same wording in my description as my keywords.

im using 400-500 keywords.

Is there a way i can make 400 ads and target them all?

_________________________-

Did I miss something here?

I'm guessing this was a reply meant for http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showth...hreadid=381052
    DataBugs - Get your internet presence... soon!

400-500 keywords ???

Ya im experimenting with it. I dont have a budget that I want to risk 10.00 per click ect .

_

That is way too many keywords to be tyring, no wonder they are slowing your account.

Google wants to keep their search results as relevant as possible. They do not want people selling pills when somebody is looking for webhosting. The way they measure this is your click through rate. You can't expect to have a high clickthrough rate on several hundred keywords as I doubt that they all acurately represent what the person searching is looking for.

Why not try a handful of keywords? You would have much better results.

P.S. If it's costing $10 a click, it's not a good keyword. Specifics are golden. Ask yourself what type of host you are and what you offer that nobody else does, if you can't answer this, you're in trouble.
    Mike from Zoodia.com
    Professional web design and development services.
    In need of a fresh hosting design? See what premade designs we have in stock!
    Web design tips, tricks, and more at MichaelPruitt.com

justadollarhostin,

thanks. Ya ill have to try like 10 or so and get really good ones.
    dial in the ad. Far as niche. Its hard to put a niche on a host. Then your loosing a ton of customers focusing on a small sector of people.

And you do hosting for say designers or whatever type of group. You make your hosting site sell only to that niche? I havent seen this yet.

There are other factors you can focus on that people look for in a host. Like me I ask friends cause theres so many you dont know whats good and whats not.

If you don't have a niche you should really have your busines plan built to last for several years before you can become stable. I hate to say it but a niche is key.

You may think that by having a specific area that you target that you are loosing cusomters, but I would venture to say that you are actually gaining customers, and more than likely good customers at that. Having a niche does not mean that you will not accept customers of a different type, instead it means that you are going to focus on trying to take a section of the market that is a bit smaller and easier to target.

One of the greatest examples of this is razors. I know it does not go along with webhosting as it is a personal product, but it does show a good example.

Do you think gillet would spend any money on advertising to try and make the females of the United States go out and purchase a Mach3 Turbo to shave with? Of course they wouldn't, a mach 3 is a male razor.

Would <insert female razor here> spend the time and money to try and have a male shave with a razor designed for female? No again!

What is the reason for this? Well there are a few.

The common ones that will come to your mind as to why men and women don't use the same razor:

1. men's razors are designed for a man's face, female razors are designed for a females legs, they just wouldn't work as well on the other one - Correct

2. men do not to shave with a pink razor, they just don't, no matter how secure they are with their sexuality - Correct

3. women's razors are usually a lot fatter, men's are skinny, men don't want to wrap their whole hand around a razor to shave their face - Correct

4. save as above but women do not want to have to hold onto a skinny handle in the shower with shaving cream all over dropping it non-stop - Correct

Now that the basic reasons why men and women use different razors are present, it's time to look at the concept that you are applying.

Since sex is split about 50/50 in the United States Gillet is loosing half their potential market by catering just to men. This is very ture. But to cater to women they would have to do one of two things. The first thing is not a good idea, the second thing IS a good idea and is something you should think about and write into your business plan

Option 1:

Create a razor that is right in the middle so that both sexes can use it. We'll call it hte Gigga-Razor (muhahhaha!).

This razor is not blue or pink or white, but instead it is a simple soft green that both sexes can agree on. The handle is not that big, but not that small either, right in the middle. The blades are designed so that they can work on a set of legs as well as on a man's face.

What's the fundemental problem in doing this? You loose quality and brandability.

1. I don't want a green razor as it does not make me feel as cool and smooth as my black/chrome/neon-blue vibrating razor does.

2. I do not want a medium handle, I want that small one so I can move it every which way to catch my face all all the angles, if I have to wrap my hand around a broomstick just to shave my face, I would rather use a cheap $.99 razor instead.

3. I don't want a razor that shaves decent on my face, I want it built FOR my face to give me the closest, cleanest, quickest shave without a single nick or cut.

The opposit can be said for the women. Case in point by catering to both sexes with one product they are in fact most likely going ot loose part of their market, or at least when another company comes out with a men-specific razor, the men would rather have that one.

The other option is going both ways. They could offer one razor for men, and one for women. Market them seperately, brand them seperatley, and design them seperately. This is really the best solution for what it looks like you want to do with your hosting business.

I know it is hard to find a niche, and almost every one has been taken already, but that doesn't mean you can't use a niche already being used.

Get rich tips:

Do it faster
    Do it better
    Do it easier
    Do it before they do

Staritng hosts can only take one one of these roles usually (do it before they do) the other ones are hard to accomplish because of the problem of volume. HostDime has a lot more money to spend to do things faster, better, and easier than you do.

Sit down and review your webhosting company and take a look at what you offer. You've been a hosting client before I'm sure, think about what things you felt were missing from hosting and start working on designing them. It'll turn around 10-fold in the end.

From looking at your site I could gather this:

Giggahost should say: "I am a clean, modern webhosting provider using Linux (insert flavor here such as CentOS) and CPanel to provide both reseller and shared hosting accounts to <insert target market here> along with domain names, SSL certificates, and templates."

Now that is a short example, but you are starting to get the point I hope.

Just looking over that statement that you have there here are two features I think would be killer and not seen too often on a hosting site really:

1) A package deal right on the front page with:

Your choice of template, coding (if you wish to code it for them as an added feature, how many hosts will code your tempalte for you?), reseller hosting, SSL certificate, and maybe put in client exec there as well.

Think about it, now you're offering a full package right on the front page. Run it to look like a special as well, have the price crossed out twice with a final lower price on it. Everything they need to get going hosting from a site, to the services, even a billing system with SSL and why not a domain name as well in the package?

2) this may seem a bit off the wall to you, but to me it'd be great. Because you offer so many different options and everything if you created a simple system in PHP to have them build their own package in a fun and neat type of way it might show a decent ROI for you. People love to play with websites and especially when they are creating packages. Include in it a specific discout system for purchasing say a domain with their hosting package.

I know your site has a techy feel, so as I said this is just a thought but I would have a futuristic looking buffet bar image created with the different offers that you have. Have a bowl of hosting package image, have domain names in a pot like spaghetti maybe, templates set up as a loaf of bread, etc... and code is as a 'create your perfect hosting meal' type of setup. There are many details that would need ot be worked out, but if I ended up on your site and say a graphic on the front page directing me to that, I would go there at least to play with it. The more they play the more likely they are to go ahead and buy.

Using the discout system it works wonders for added packages like that. Allowing them to mix and match things would have them trying all sorts of combination and it's common for Americans to enjoy seeing how much they saved rather than how much they spent.

I hope my rambling did some bit of good, if not at least I took the time to type it
    Mike from Zoodia.com

Mmm.. razors.. yeah...

1000+ words and you say is mmm razors =p
    Mike from Zoodia.com

I suggest you structure your key words into different categories. e.g. if you sell condoms, make it:

colored
    standard
    tasty
    with extras

And group your words into the different categories. And DO make separate ads for separate key words. Like:

Red Condoms for Special Cases
    Find extra strong colored condoms
    $4/piece, Free delivery

I didn't get 1 word of that razor speech.

thanks for the feedback,

Ya the few customers I do have came back already and got another account. Shows they like me somehow. Ive search around alot of guys on here at there websites and most you can tell right away its a template site with blury images ect. Customers can see this and might think these guys dont have much money or will go under soon and wont signup. So have a good image is important. Would you buy a watch from a guy who walks up to you in the streets? Or the guy has ripped up pants. Maybe if you feel sorry for him but in hosting you there for months not a one time deal. So image is greatly important including your website.

Being fast in setup in there accounts with all logins ect emailed right away. Most customers are eager to get there site online or moving it and want it online now not in a couple days.

So far im focusing on low cost, fast setup and reply to everything they need asap.

Ive used host in the past. First thing I do is ask friends where they host ect. Im sure most do this.