Thumbs up 6 month review - continuum data centers

I have been with continuum since November 1st 2010, though that would make it a 7 month review, but 6 is just such a nice number.

The first few months at continuum were flawless, didn't notice any downtime or sluggishness. Around Feb I believe, some customers experience horrible latency issues, and the network was just horrible. Though talking to Tom they credited my account for their slow performance. Even though it wasn't under their SLA, they still felt obligated to credit my account which I thought was kind of them. I was actually going to leave their data center, but decided to stay because the first few months were rock solid.

As for their support, it's the best I have ever seen. On average my support tickets are answered within 10 minutes, and their response has always been helpful. I have submitted tickets at 3am in the morning and have always gotten a speedy and helpful reply.

Network: 8
    Support: 10
    Price: 10
    Overall: 9

btw, I haven't experience any downtime since their last incident. So far so good.

Thanks for your review. Would you have an update on your last 6 months with Continuum?

I have been with continuum for over 2 years now. For the last 6 months I have had 0 downtime no lag no issues.

Network: 10
    Support: 10
    Price: 15
    Overall: 10

And yes I know I have a 15 for the pricing it is not a typo there prices are really that great.

+1 for Continuum being amazing.
    Charles @ Nexeon Technologies - Have a question? PM or email me directly! - c[@]nexeon.com
    InstantDedis.com - Instantly delivered dedicated servers located in Chicago, New York, and more

We have used them for our Chicago location for the past 3 months, has been a pleasant experience.
    █ Brian Kearney, Stealthy Hosting/Server Stadium Seattle, WA [AS23033] Skype: StealthyHosting
    Custom Dedicated Servers
    Low Cost Instant Dedicated Servers

█ Email: Sales@StealthyHosting.com

I am going to have to agree, Continuum has been amazing!
    HostVenom LLC | Premium Services | Chicago, IL
    Colocation | Dedicated Servers | KVM VPS | Custom Configurations
    Brandon M. | brandon @ hostvenom . com

Thanks for all the reviews. We were looking to move in, so I guess I'll get started on that !

Quote Originally Posted by bhavicp View Post
    Thanks for all the reviews. We were looking to move in, so I guess I'll get started on that !
    You'll be very happy. The NOC goes above and beyond when it comes to support.

Just one last question, what has been your experience with reply times for remote hands?

Quote Originally Posted by bhavicp View Post
    Just one last question, what has been your experience with reply times for remote hands?
    Most of the time it is about 5 minutes or less for a response, however when it's busy the longest I've waited is 15 minutes or so.

About 5 mins is the average they take to answer tickets.

We use them for rack-based colocation, A+!!! We've had a few small issues, with the largest being an outage caused by a switch-neighbour's spanning-tree config... but overall- they respond quickly, and more important than just fixing issues- they prevent issues from occurring again. Any further expansion in Chicago will go to Continuum.

For support, I've mostly worked with Mike and Bill- incredibly quick and knowledgable guys!
    VIPNode - a TeamRSS, LLC Company
    Reinventing Hosting - www.VIPNode.net

Quote Originally Posted by VIPNode-Nick View Post
    We use them for rack-based colocation, A+!!! We've had a few small issues, with the largest being an outage caused by a switch-neighbour's spanning-tree config... but overall- they respond quickly, and more important than just fixing issues- they prevent issues from occurring again.
    I think this part goes a long way. Way to go Continuum!
    Jason Canady • Unlimited Net, LLC
    812.669.0551 • sales [at] unlimitednet.us
    Midwest Hosting Solutions • AS11990
    Dedicated Server Hosting

Thanks to everyone for your wonderful reviews, feedback and continued support! I'll make sure they are passed along to to the rest of the Continuum team.

-Tom
    Thomas.chaffin@qtsdatacenters.com
    312-877-0453 (m) alt: 630-456-6948 (m)
    QTS Data Centers Chicago

As a note... I had to request remote hands for a hardware reconfiguration (hard drive swap). Submitted this as a non-emergency, low priority issue.

Submitted the requests, completed within 9m of my initial contact. Had one system not recognize the new drive (had this happen before, they're pretty tricky to get mated properly) so I replied with the issue- 100% resolved less than 4 minutes later.

Under 13 mins total, working with temperamental hardware- from start to finish. This is yet another reason why Continuum is awesome.
    VIPNode - a TeamRSS, LLC Company
    Reinventing Hosting - www.VIPNode.net

Quote Originally Posted by VIPNode-Nick View Post
    As a note... I had to request remote hands for a hardware reconfiguration (hard drive swap). Submitted this as a non-emergency, low priority issue.

Submitted the requests, completed within 9m of my initial contact. Had one system not recognize the new drive (had this happen before, they're pretty tricky to get mated properly) so I replied with the issue- 100% resolved less than 4 minutes later.

Under 13 mins total, working with temperamental hardware- from start to finish. This is yet another reason why Continuum is awesome.
    That is extremely impressive as well. They must have support personnel close to the data center floor! In large environments, this can be unusual. Sometimes techs have to get on an elevator and go through many security check points.
    Jason Canady • Unlimited Net, LLC
    812.669.0551 • sales [at] unlimitednet.us
    Midwest Hosting Solutions • AS11990
    Dedicated Server Hosting

Quote Originally Posted by Jasonsite View Post
    That is extremely impressive as well. They must have support personnel close to the data center floor! In large environments, this can be unusual. Sometimes techs have to get on an elevator and go through many security check points.
    I've used their remote hands to swap drives, add drives, swap switches, and setup switches all has been professional, quick communication, and easy to work with. If there is something they want your choice on they will snap pics so you can easily be informed.
    █ Brian Kearney, Stealthy Hosting/Server Stadium Seattle, WA [AS23033] Skype: StealthyHosting
    Custom Dedicated Servers
    Low Cost Instant Dedicated Servers

█ Email: Sales@StealthyHosting.com

Hey Everyone!

Just wanted to pop in to this thread and say thanks for all the kind words! It is definitely a pleasure serving you all! We like to try to stay under 10 minutes for our first response time, and if we can we love to try to keep the total ticket completion time under 30 minutes (similar to VIPNode-Nick's situation).

Anyways, thanks a ton for all the kind words! I suppose that if I had one thing to be thankful for today, it would be for our excellent customers

Happy Thanksgiving everyone, have a safe and happy holiday season!

Best,
    Mike

Back in the day, i used continuum for colo. I was very pleased with the service provided.
    VT BankCard
    Payment Processing Solutions and Merchant Services
    Specializing in WebHosting and High Risk Merchants.