Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    TannerG could you link me to the other two times? I'm not recalling this being forgotten recently at all. We have many customers who say we don't contact them but in 99% of the cases it's their email address that isn't up to date in our billing.

Quote Originally Posted by hostgator.com View Post
    TannerG could you link me to the other two times? I'm not recalling this being forgotten recently at all. We have many customers who say we don't contact them but in 99% of the cases it's their email address that isn't up to date in our billing.
    I'll try to find those posts and I know they're recent. Once customer you offered to give them a free dedicated machine for a month due to the "mistake", and the other client you gave them a year free of hosting.

Once and If I find them i'll update.

I believe the ones you're talking about said they weren't notified in advance. We rarely notify in advance because we're usually not able to. A server will be running fine with a low load and instantly spike to a high load causing everything to crawl. That's when we hop in and take action against whatever is causing the problem. The only way to give advance notification in these cases is if we're notified in advance that a script / site will suddenly become a problem. Obviously this isn't possible so we contact them at the same time we disable their script and or suspend their site.

ha ha, another typical user complaining about reseller and shared hosting services, obviously hostgator will down your site if your site is getting more traffic. Their plans are designed for optimum usage of server not for enterprise stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by hostgator.com View Post
    Even if that was the case, they host how many millions of websites? 3/500,000,000+ having issues with suspension notifications isn't all that bad a ratio. I've seen other providers suspend clients and never once notify them.
    Matthew Rosenblatt, and I do lots of things.
    Used to be a full time server administrator, now I help build cruise ships and inspect homes.
    My company, Ferrell Solutions, specializes in home inspections and property management.
    RecallScan is a service for monitoring appliances and vehicles in your home for recalls.

The site IS relevent. 400,000 and 200,000 page hits per day on a shared server is ridiculous. hostgator is confirming for me why you were shut off. Excessive resource usage and you need to be on a dedicated server. You are complaining that their actions were without cause. If you have a simple "web tool" share it for free adverrtising. But you refuse to which suggests that you are doing something that you know we will all tell you is wrong on a shared host. We're web hosts, too. You say that they are two different sites while hostgator tells us that they are one site reskinned.

Why are you in here complaining about hostgator when you should be doing it in private? If you don't want input from users here take your complaint over to the hostgator forums. You aren't sharing facts, just your statements. If you had my shared server load at 36.40 I'd shut you off too and we wouldn't turn you back on with an offer of one month free just to quiet you down on public forums.

Please read the posts. It was another UNRELATED account which they suspended in order to fix some kind of problem related to a single IP and then KEPT SUSPENDED BY MISTAKE.
    No. You had the same site up twice. You were probably using their cheapest service twice. Both of your sites were causing page view issues and high server loads.

I did not like the first hostgator reply and thought that it was extremely rude. But I am even more concerned with your refusal to share all the information. If you came here just to $%^&* you've accomplished your goal.

I wasn't expecting it, but HostGator is acting extremely professional here, while you rant and rave and throw a fit.

You shouldn't be at shared hosting anyway, and the refund was generous (your fault for the renewal).

The only fault for HostGator has been failing to mention that they disabled your site when they blocked the IP.

Quote Originally Posted by under_gravity View Post
    unnecessary thread.. should be closed now
    Thats for mods to decide not you.

Quote Originally Posted by FirstNetServ View Post
    Thats for mods to decide not you.
    that was my opinion for which this forum is for. ... opinions.....

I would have to say hostgator was absolutely correct in this situation, and they even seemed to try to give him the moon, to keep him happy. Some people you just can't please no matter what.

To the OP. The number of pages you have and the size of the file really makes NO difference whats so ever, if you getting that kind of traffic. I read 3 pages of you talking about one page and 50Kb in size. That doesn't matter... It was obviously the traffic, that was the issue. You might read up a little on running a web site. You do sound like a little education on the subject might help you to not have this issue again.

Personally I would have taken them up on their dedicated offer. They clearly were trying to be good hosts.
    The nice thing about facebook, is you can post comments from someone, and no one will know if that person actually said it. - George Washington

I like how the hostgator rep handled the situation here... under pressure

It's never easy for the guy whose site is down... we should keep track of our site's size and perhaps look into improvements all the time... otherwise this is bound to happen to a lot of people.

This is just a sign of the times. The commodity industry that we're in. Cheap users expect to pat $4 a month for shared hosting and max out its resources. Then the &^%$# when they get shut off. ANY successful business owner knows that when your income needs supplies you spend the money. Lease or buy a dedicated server. But don't blame the host because you thought $8 a month was a good insurance policy for the thousands you claim to make per day.

I always find it hilarious when clients claim that shutting down their $4/mo website is "losing them thousands in revenue". My advice is to take Hostgator up on their offer. I can't see how you'd regret it.
    Andrew C.
    Personal Website

To the OP:
    Which is your new provider, is this a managed service and did you make any special settings on your server, such as using varnish memory cache or using nginx?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123