What is the main difference between "Red Hat Enterprice" and "CentOS"?

Hi,

I am very new for softwares. My current Dedicated Server is using "Red Hat" but the new server I am going to order has"CentOS" ONLY.

Could anybody kindly let me know what is the main difference btween "Red Hat" and "CentOS"? For my current account running under "Ret Hat", would them still running smoothly if I move them to a new server with "CentOS"?

Thanks a lot in advance!

RHE v Centos? The main difference would have to be a significant amount of $$$. One is free, the other is not. But I’m sure you already know that, so I’ll let someone more qualified fill you in on the rest *wink*
    Thanks,

Brendan Diaz
    Connect: linkedin.com/in/brendandiaz

Lucid pretty much hit the nail head on. If you take RedHate Enterprise, remove all images and trademarks of Redhat, you end up with CentOS. The only other difference is in what you "get" for your money from redhat. RHEL comes with support, CentOS has support, but it is not like you can call up the creators when you have a problem.
    Mike from Zoodia.com
    Professional web design and development services.
    In need of a fresh hosting design? See what premade designs we have in stock!
    Web design tips, tricks, and more at MichaelPruitt.com

Thanks a lot~~~

So looks my sites would have no problem if I just copy them to a new Server with CentOS .

Should not have any problems at all. It's the exact same software. CentOS is built from RHEL rpms.
    Mike from Zoodia.com
    Professional web design and development services.
    In need of a fresh hosting design? See what premade designs we have in stock!
    Web design tips, tricks, and more at MichaelPruitt.com