How to setup a website similar to Facebook?

How to setup a website similar to Facebook? I mean what kind of webhosting should i look at? What is the approx price i am looking at monthly on maintaining such a site? Also can such sites be maintained by just me or needs a team of people? Tnks.

How many users your think you will get on your site? similar to facebook think about thousands of dollars a month, but that is because of the great amount of users using the service.

I would advice to first make a business plan and do some market research to get this question answered better.

Well first you'll need to get someone to program the site for you, or do it yourself if you are well-versed in programming languages. Second you'll need to get a dedicated server to start off, and buy many more as you continue to grow. You'll need quite a bit of money to start something like this, not to mention people that will actually register on your site and visit it daily, so you can make some revenue from ads.

Quote Originally Posted by 040Hosting View Post
    How many users your think you will get on your site? similar to facebook think about thousands of dollars a month, but that is because of the great amount of users using the service.

I would advice to first make a business plan and do some market research to get this question answered better.
    Well i believe facebook when it started it was not running its maintenance in thousands. Was looking at a couple of hundreds per mth. Is it too low? And also meaning to say one dedicated server is totally out?

No, thats why i advice to make a business plan and do research of your market, if you only believe to get a few thousand customers you may handle it with maybe 1 server, if you expect tens of thousands you won't cut it that way. If you only expect a few hundred you may even have enough on shared hosting.

Without any expectations there is nobody who can give you solid advise.

Ok. Tnks. for advice. Will work the plan and maybe i can give a clearer pic. Tnks again.

I would start off on shared hosting, no need to go straight for a dedicated server. There are thousands of sites like facebook, so you will have lots of competition. I would concentrate more on a marketing plan.
    Eleven2 Web Hosting - World-Wide Hosting, Done Right!