Thread: Joomla + WHMCS?

Joomla + WHMCS?

Hello,

I have searched and read in several locations about Joomla being compatible with WHMCS, making them "one". For example, one user system ect.

Is there an official release for this? And where could it be found?

Thanks ahead of time!
    Last edited by Simmot; 03-23-2009 at 05:35 PM. Reason: Submitted To Early

No official release as far as I am aware. Look for a mod or tutorial.
    <<Please review signature formatting guidelines>>

What is a good ecommerce hosting site other than joomla?

There is no official release for it, however there is a plugin for it here:
    http://forum.whmcs.com/showthread.php?t=15356
    LaneHost.com | Professional Web Hosting Solutions
    Affordable Shared Hosting, Reseller Hosting & Dedicated Servers at Great Prices!
    Follow us on Twitter!

Personally, no.

Joomla = easy target
    WHMCS = strong target

Joomla has countless exploits and bugs that are found daily, do you really want to risk using the two in unison?

Only way I would use Joomla is if the two were 100% separated and on different servers etc...

I've had so many bad experiences with Joomla that once someone has access to it they had access the the forums, blogs, etc...

I haven't heard anything official about it, but it is a real world!! I don't think I will use, but let 's see what will happen in the future..

yes, you need to intergrated them first before you can use the 2 script

Quote Originally Posted by mooseweb View Post
    Personally, no.

Joomla = easy target
    WHMCS = strong target

Joomla has countless exploits and bugs that are found daily, do you really want to risk using the two in unison?

Only way I would use Joomla is if the two were 100% separated and on different servers etc...

I've had so many bad experiences with Joomla that once someone has access to it they had access the the forums, blogs, etc...
    Wowah what a statement, Joomla core is just as secure as WHMCS core would be, its the plugins which cause the issues, and almost never the core code. It says more about your ability to work with Joomla as about joomla itself though, many large sites are using joomla without issues.

Back on topic:

We tried to intergrate it but found it was quite a bit hard to do well (and make it working in all browsers flawlessly, IE was causing all kind of issues) that we decided on another approach and make whmcs look like our joomla template.

No need to intergrate those two databases together unless you really want the users in joomla and whmcs.

you must intergrate two of them

Joomla, secure? I've never heard that's it's secure, the core code does have a lot of strong points, but there are still exploits for Joomla found daily.

I will say I haven't used it in roughly 6 months, but I still hear about problems with Joomla.

I guess no one uses MW anymore.

Most if not ALL are found in plugins/addons/modules .. if you find daily core security problems you should report them. Just an idea ..

i dont know if u can use whmcs and joomla, i dont think so.

for ecommerce u can use cubecart

cubecart, its fine