Thread: Status Monitor

Status Monitor

Not sure if this is the best place to post but then again I am looking for a review.

I've built a custom status monitoring script for Linux servers and was looking on opinions and suggestions on this.

Before everyone asks (I know they will), it looks fairly similar to Clook's ServerSTATS. However, I can assure you that not one snippet of code was used or copied from ServerSTATS. I can however say that ServerSTATS was my inspiration for this script. Due to them halting release of it I had to go in on my own.

Script can be found here username: demo
    password: demo

This is on a personal hosting account and all branding has been removed from the company who it was developed for on this demo release. Also note that only one server is stored on this setup, I have just replicated it's details to show an example of how it looks with a suite of servers.

also note i've added some fake ports to show down messages.

Features which you can't see include:

- Email reporting when server load and disk usage are high
    - Email and/or SMS reporting when a service goes down (e.g http or pop3)
    - Logging of the uptime and percentage uptime
    - Multiple users which can login and view their servers and nobody elses. As well as a global admin who can view everything.

What do you think? For your information the script is unlikly to be released to joe public.

wow that is hella kickass. is coding for hardware specific stuff like that way different then just coding stuff like login systems, shopping carts and normal stuff like that. like are there a new set of functions or something?

It's all done in PHP and uses textfiles (I saw no need to use a database in this system).

I can't comment much on the phpsystem script as that is something which I have hacked apart and made upgrades to. However it is a really nice script just using some complex string manipulation to put the values into variables.

It will only work on Linux distro's (only using it on Redhat at the moment) however you can monitor any servers ports regardless of OS.

The function that is used for calling that data is usually the php exec and system commands. You can run a limited amount of linux shell commands through the web.

Serverman -

Is this avaliable anywhere?

post again when its back up, i wanna see it