Is there a need for Outsourced Phone Support?

I post this question because it seems there's only a few outsourcing companies that actually handle/offer phone support. Is there truly a need for this? I notice a small number of threads on a regular basics where companies are requesting outsourced phone support.

I look forward to hearing everyone's input on this matter. This is just a general question. I'm not thinking about starting an outsourced company or anything... though you never know.

Also, if there is a need, what would you be willing to pay for it? I've created a poll for this..

EDIT: Poll doesn't want to create... Just post what you would pay... Thanks!

I wouldn't outsource support because the employees might not be all there with the natural english we're used to hearing. If your willing to pay a higher dollar, you might be able to find a nice company with good training.

bobcares.com has a very good reputation.

What kind of client are you trying to target? Is phone support something they want?
    Ankit Gupta - Cernax Hosting
    "We're always second in the industry, the customer comes first."

Clients would definately like phone support. I would make it so the phone support only handled tier1 issues like setting up email, password resets, etc..

What would be a good price for this service?
    CityWideHost.com - Web Hosting YOUR Way!
    Non-Oversold Hosting, Webmaster Services, Web Design, and Asterisk PBX Management!
    24/7 Support - Powered by Bobcares!