nRRPResponseCode 541

Hello,

I have domain with enom and my registrar is not responding , I was updating DNS and getting this error : nRRPResponseCode 541 and even now i cant enter my previous host DNS which i was using i dont know what happened and whom to contact , my provider is not responding.

Error 541 means "Invalid Attribute Value." Are you entering just the nameserver names? Any typos? Is that all that you're changing? Are the nameservers registered in the registry where you're trying to use them?

If you're properly spelling the names of nameservers registered in the registry for the domain you're trying to update, then it's likely a programming issue with your provider. Not knowing the domain or nameservers makes it tough to provide any more specific analysis. And, no, I'm not affiliated with eNom.

You can always check are the nameservers registered at the registry here (works for com/net/edu/cc/tv/jobs TLDs).
    Respect My Authoritah! - Eric Cartman (a friend of mine).

ok my bad, my name servers are not registered so my domain registrar asking for 48$ and like to know that if i buy domain from my vps provider for just nameservers what amount then i have to pay them?

P.S : iam new to all this just learning from vps

nomzz,

What TLD are you using?
    David | www.cliffsupport.com
    Affordable Server Management Solutions sales AT cliffsupport DOT com
    CliffWebManager | Access WHM from iPhone and Android

iam using .com but if its low rate in .net i can go for that as well all my concern is i dont want to pay consulting fees to domain registrar if managed vps can do it for me in less money by just registering it

Quote Originally Posted by nomzz View Post
    ok my bad, my name servers are not registered so my domain registrar asking for 48$ and like to know that if i buy domain from my vps provider for just nameservers what amount then i have to pay them?

P.S : iam new to all this just learning from vps

Do you mean they're going to charge you $48 just to register the nameservers? Or does the charge also allow you to use their nameserver IPs (ie. dns masking?).

Basically, are you running your own nameservers?

Yes they are charging 24 for there tech fees and 24 for registering nameservers and i have my own ips.

Basically i bought managed vps and have 4 ips, Thats why i thought to purchase another domain from same provider whom i bought vps so least i will be not paying tech fees is it correct?

Quote Originally Posted by nomzz View Post
    Yes they are charging 24 for there tech fees and 24 for registering nameservers and i have my own ips.

Basically i bought managed vps and have 4 ips, Thats why i thought to purchase another domain from same provider whom i bought vps so least i will be not paying tech fees is it correct?
    Sometimes you can register nameservers yourself through their control panel.

If you got your domain name through your VPS provider, they can essentially charge extra depending on their business model.

OTOH, if you got your domain name separately from them, log inside your domain name account and see if there's an option to register those "parent" nameservers (e.g. ns1.yourdomain.com with IP address). Ask them if need be.