Hybrid View

* disable_functions feature in .htaccess?

I was wondering if anyone knew how to disable phpMail() (SendMail), fsockopen(), and things such as that with htaccess? Sorry If I posted this in the wrong place but I have searched google and found nothing. Also how can I maybe force ads with htaccess? And is there a way to also re-enable those features in a certain directory(s)? Thank you.

If you're looking to make these changes system-wide, you're going to need access to httpd.conf

If you are hosting users and want to edit their .htaccess to make these changes...that's just a bad idea because they can go right in and undo the changes that you've made to the file.

Kevin

Quote Originally Posted by kcackler View Post
    If you're looking to make these changes system-wide, you're going to need access to httpd.conf

If you are hosting users and want to edit their .htaccess to make these changes...that's just a bad idea because they can go right in and undo the changes that you've made to the file.

Kevin
    Yes I know that they could access it and change it but I am going to be hosting scripts, like phpBB, SMF, PHP Fusion and wont give them access via FTP or file manager. So they wouldnt be able to touch the .htaccess

Not sure what I was thinking when I wrote that previous post...it's been a long day...

If you're in a shared environment, and don't have root access to the server, you will have an extremely difficult (if not impossible) time disabling these features...

Quote Originally Posted by kcackler View Post
    Not sure what I was thinking when I wrote that previous post...it's been a long day...

If you're in a shared environment, and don't have root access to the server, you will have an extremely difficult (if not impossible) time disabling these features...
    I do not think that someone on a shared hosting plan can open a forum hosting service (since the service itself needs admin controls).

Peace,
    Testing 1.. Testing 1..2.. Testing 1..2..3...

Dang, oh well. Thanks anyways

Make empty php.ini file, place the following in it:
    disable_functions = proc_open , popen, disk_free_space, diskfreespace, set_time_limit, leak, tmpfile, exec, system, shell_exec, passthru, fsockopen, phpMail , etc.

and place it in your working directory (or wherever the files you want to block are)
    I hope I helped

cheers

Quote Originally Posted by triXtyle View Post
    Make empty php.ini file, place the following in it:
    disable_functions = proc_open , popen, disk_free_space, diskfreespace, set_time_limit, leak, tmpfile, exec, system, shell_exec, passthru, fsockopen, phpMail , etc.

and place it in your working directory (or wherever the files you want to block are)
    I hope I helped

cheers
    Okay, great. I will give it a try