eCommerce solution

Hello,

I'm starting a new company and we're looking for an eCommerce solution. We use WHMCS ion combination with DotNetPanel.

Does anyone has a good idea for a payment provider? I've been looking in recent posts and I can't really filter out anything usable.

We're a european based company and we don't want to start with high monthly fees.

Any suggestions are appreciated.

With kind regards,

Kenneth Truyers

<<signature to be setup in your profile>>
    Last edited by anon-e-mouse; 01-11-2010 at 01:02 AM. Reason: typo

You can always start off with PayPal then grow with getting your own Merchant Account.
    We Have Generated Over 7 Million cPanel Backups Come Dance Together With Us Y'all!
    Offer Your Own Backup Hosting Service - SiteAutoBackup.Com (Private Label / WHMCS Ready)
    WebHostingBusinessBook.Com | YouTube.com/WebHostingTutorial | NowOpenOnline.Com

So far, I have worked with PayPal and 2Checkout. You can start with either of them.
    || Web Hosting Blog - Web Hosting security & latest web hosting industry Announcements
    || Web Hosting Discussion - A Web Hosting community

You should in anyway have PayPal as an additional payment option for your customers, even though you apply for a merchant account.

I`m agree with Kailash12: Paypal and 2checkout are the best. but I think, paypal is more popular.

Yeap, I believe that paypal is more popular. Checkout is another one.
    SUPPORT FACILITY | 24/7 TECH SUPPORT
    SERVER MANAGEMENT | WEB HOSTING SUPPORT | WP EXPERTS

I always see post about starting out with paypal and I wonder why.

Merchant Processing, although not free if you don't use it, will ultimately result in lower fees and an increased appearance of professionalism. However, those who posted that Paypal should always be available as a backup for merchants are correct. As a consumer I will often choose paypal the first time I do business with a merchant and if I trust them will then switch to direct billing, so I definitely think there will always be a place for Paypal.

With that said a merchant account can be obtained fairly easy. Common fees are statement fees for $5-$10 per month, which usually encapsulate more than just generating the statement. The next big catch would be monthly minimums; obviously a credit card processor is in business to make a profit and if you're doing only $100 per month it becomes hard to maintain viability. However, most minimum account fees are around $25-$50 dollars and this is prorated against volume. Some people get hung up on this minimum fee, but if $25 is not in the budget plus a $10 statement fee then you need to rethink your payment acceptance strategy and possibly consider only Paypal/moneybookers/etc.

There are other ancillary fees associated with credit card acceptance, but these are nominal and if you do a side by side comparison to an payment aggregator (an agency that facilitates payments between the payor and payee) you will find that your overall effective rates will be reduced when you are direct with your processor.

In regards to choosing your processor...well this is where things get muddy. There are many available and each processor has there own benefits and disadvantages (such as APIs, Gateways and Virtual terminals), so read your agreement, ask around, and trust your gut.

Also, it is best to know your exit strategy for the processor you choose. The is always greener grass and if the green dictates moving, then the transition will be easier if it is prior planned and both parties are aware. BUT, remember, if an exit strategy is not in writing then it does NOT exist, so make sure its written in ink
    Last edited by MerchantNation; 01-21-2010 at 12:01 AM.