Anyone else notice the huge outage at Surpass? My sites went down as I was editing one, and checking the server status returns a very, very long list of downed servers. Since the Surmunity Forums appear to be down as well, I was wondering if anyone here had found out what was up via other means, and whether or not there is any estimate on when it might come back up.

Anyone else notice the huge outage at Surpass? My sites went down as I was editing one, and checking the server status returns a very, very long list of downed servers. Since the Surmunity Forums appear to be down as well, I was wondering if anyone here had found out what was up via other means, and whether or not there is any estimate on when it might come back up.
    They're doing some network maintenance.

Wow, some maintenance. It's been a solid half hour, and the community forums are down as well. The server status page is down now too. Do they have a page up somewhere giving a rundown of what's happening? Was in the middle of a kind of important, time-sensitive job...

Wow, some maintenance. It's been a solid half hour, and the community forums are down as well. The server status page is down now too. Do they have a page up somewhere giving a rundown of what's happening? Was in the middle of a kind of important, time-sensitive job...
    Did you check to make sure they didn't send you emails letting you know this was going to be happening - or perhaps if they have a place that they post scheduled maintenance, did you check it?
    You should check every once in a while for scheduled maintenance - if they are working on their network it's entirely possible that all of their services will be offline.

PLAWX Hosting Guest
    http://www.surmunity.com/announcements/30190-network-maintenance-network.html
    Network Maintenance [Network]
    Purpose for Maintenance: Secondary Distro Cabinet Provision
    Maintenance Date: 3/8/2009
    Maintenance Start Time: 12:01 AM EST
    Maintenance Window Length: 180 minutes
    Impact to Customers: All customers may see limited latency and connection resets during the stated window. A update will be sent when update is complete.
    Details: We will be bringing the secondary distro online and functional. This is the last of our set of maintenance
    Thank you.
    A reply post was also made to that thread stating that the maintenece has been completed.

6. Did you check to make sure they didn't send you emails letting you know this was going to be happening - I got one:
    help.desk@surpasshosting.com
    SurpassHosting Network Maintenance
    Purpose for Maintenance: Secondary Distro Cabinet Provision
    Maintenance Date: 3/8/2009
    Maintenance Start Time: 12:01 AM EST
    Maintenance Window Length: 180 minutes
    Impact to Customers: All customers may see limited latency and connection resets during the stated window. A update will be sent when update is complete.
    Details: We will be bringing the secondary distro online and functional. This is the last of our set of maintenance
    Thank you.
    or perhaps if they have a place that they post scheduled maintenance, did you check it?
    http://www.surmunity.com/announcements/
    It took ~12 minutes according to this thread.
    http://www.surmunity.com/announcements/30190-network-maintenance-network.html
    Here is the RSS: http://surmunity.com/external.php?type=RSS2&forumids=199

Exactly wrightconsulting - so there is no reason the OP shouldn't have known about this maintenance. I guess it's moot point now since the maintenance is concluded.