Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Back to the drawing board I went!

I decided to revamp my entire site. Your comments are always appreciated whether good or bad so your feedback is very important to me!

www.wphostingspot.com

Thank you!

It's [very] different to the "typical" hosting website, but I like that. It has a very unique look and feel. It's clean, elegant and you've got some crackin' images on the homepage.

Only thing I'm not warming to is your logo. It just doesn't look right some how, perhaps too minimal.

Good job!
    ~]# Ethernet Servers Ltd - Est. 2014! - sales @ ethernetservers.com
    ~]# Try out our WordPress speed tests for yourself!
    ~]# NVMe Web Hosting | Unmanaged VPS | Fully Managed VPS | Dedicated Servers | Domain Names
    ~]# Don't settle for any less than the very best - come & join our family today!

Quote Originally Posted by Ethernet Servers View Post
    It's [very] different to the "typical" hosting website, but I like that. It has a very unique look and feel. It's clean, elegant and you've got some crackin' images on the homepage.

Only thing I'm not warming to is your logo. It just doesn't look right some how, perhaps too minimal.

Good job!
    Thanks! When I was thinking of how I wanted this one presented, I wanted a site that was easy to navigate, understand and very fast so I limited the use of heavy graphics except the 3 on the home page and optimized the code. My idea behind the front page images were to show "personal" "small business" and "medium business" Not sure what you meant by "crackin'"? lol!

I wanted it to be unique, Something fresh out the box, original and have a "real" feel to it. The logo will be changed out. It's only temperary...

The more I look at the "logo" the more I like it because of its simplicity. I could probably use a better font style...

Hehe sorry - by that I mean those images are refreshing to see. A change from your typical "cartoon" style pictures of servers and such.

Your site doesn't seem to work too well in Firefox (version 33). Despite hard refreshing multiple times and trying private browsing, most of the images do not load. No problem in Chrome though, everything loads fine there.

http://puu.sh/chakr/5f8d419331.png
    http://puu.sh/chali/654cd519eb.png

Quote Originally Posted by WPHostingspot-Matt View Post
    Thanks! When I was thinking of how I wanted this one presented, I wanted a site that was easy to navigate, understand and very fast so I limited the use of heavy graphics except the 3 on the home page and optimized the code. My idea behind the front page images were to show "personal" "small business" and "medium business" Not sure what you meant by "crackin'"? lol!
    ~]# Ethernet Servers Ltd - Est. 2014! - sales @ ethernetservers.com
    ~]# Try out our WordPress speed tests for yourself!
    ~]# NVMe Web Hosting | Unmanaged VPS | Fully Managed VPS | Dedicated Servers | Domain Names
    ~]# Don't settle for any less than the very best - come & join our family today!

It seems to be an issue with FireFox itself. I've done all the patches they say to do but without a good result - Maybe it's a MaxCDN issue - It was showing perfect on my test server..hmm

It looks much better than the last red design you used! Did you design it or someone else?
    HostXNow - Shared Web Hosting | Semi Dedicated Hosting | Enterprise Reseller Hosting | VPS Hosting

Few suggestions:
    - make sure you get a nice favicon to go with the website, having no favicon may seem insignificant but it doesn't look quite good (my opinion).
    - when hovering over your drop-down menus, mouse pointer turns to text instead of pointer, should be easily fixed with css.
    - I'd suggest keeping your main website/billing system on a different host than your sold shared accounts.
    - Some of your blog posts are missing some images.

I hope this helps.
    Good luck.
    Uptime Monitor - Minimize your downtime by being the first to know about it!

Blacklist Monitor - Are any of your IPs or Domains blacklisted? Find out before it gets to affect you or your clients.

Weirdly enough I prefer the red one, this one reminds me of a older style website mate.

Hi,

I haven´t browse the website but if you dont mind i´ll make some remarks on the homepage alone.

- Logo: It lacks, i understand that you want to keep it simple, but you would be better of with an Icon+Initials than just the company name on a plain font style.
    Using just the name on a non free nor commercial font may be fine to companies selling financial services, but not IT. Unless you have a great marketing budget, keep in mind that a nice crafted logo is easier to remember than your company name.

- Margins, i would add some margins to the right and left of the features section.

- Social Icons on the footer and too far apart from each other.

- The back to top link is behind the "leave a message".

- Why not add an image on the top? push the features a bit down, get an image behind them. This way the features boxes are still "on your face" when the user first lands on the page but complimented by an attractive image along the lines of the images you used below. (Hard to put in words the image i have in my head, but meh, you probably get the picture ).

Overall, you achieved what you aimed for, simplicity, i just feel you went too far with it.
    Undefined Variable
    Contact your webmaster.

Quote Originally Posted by HostXNow_Chris View Post
    It looks much better than the last red design you used! Did you design it or someone else?
    Thanks Chris! I designed it myself :=) Last time I hired someone I lost a huge ammount of money and never got the product so i just do it myself for now on.

Quote Originally Posted by [HB]Andrei View Post
    Few suggestions:
    - make sure you get a nice favicon to go with the website, having no favicon may seem insignificant but it doesn't look quite good (my opinion).
    - when hovering over your drop-down menus, mouse pointer turns to text instead of pointer, should be easily fixed with css.
    - I'd suggest keeping your main website/billing system on a different host than your sold shared accounts.
    - Some of your blog posts are missing some images.

I hope this helps.
    Good luck.
    Hi Andrei! The favicon is coming. Easy fix for the "text" style hover over. Thanks for pointing that out though! At this point, moving our billing system is going to be a challenge but it has been something we need to do. I'll fix the blog posts and thank you very much for pointing this stuff out to me. Much appreciated!

Quote Originally Posted by Licensecart-Mike View Post
    Weirdly enough I prefer the red one, this one reminds me of a older style website mate.
    Really? I love the old style websites lol!

Quote Originally Posted by paulof View Post
    Hi,

I haven´t browse the website but if you dont mind i´ll make some remarks on the homepage alone.

- Logo: It lacks, i understand that you want to keep it simple, but you would be better of with an Icon+Initials than just the company name on a plain font style.
    Using just the name on a non free nor commercial font may be fine to companies selling financial services, but not IT. Unless you have a great marketing budget, keep in mind that a nice crafted logo is easier to remember than your company name.

- Margins, i would add some margins to the right and left of the features section.

- Why not add an image on the top? push the features a bit down, get an image behind them. This way the features boxes are still "on your face" when the user first lands on the page but complimented by an attractive image along the lines of the images you used below. (Hard to put in words the image i have in my head, but meh, you probably get the picture ).

Overall, you achieved what you aimed for, simplicity, i just feel you went too far with it.

For the logo - I totally agree and looking for someone to design a really night one for me.

I have tried to fix the magins in the feature boxes for the last 3 days lol! I'll fix it though, just need to dig a bit deeper.

- - Easy fix, thank you!

- - I didn't even realize this till you pointed it out lol! Thanks!

- Why not add an image on the top?
    - - I'll have to experiment with this a bit. I haven't tried it. Thank You!

Thanks Chris! I designed it myself :=) Last time I hired someone I lost a huge ammount of money and never got the product so i just do it myself for now on.
    Kinda interested what happened.
    This is usually what happens when you hire some "designer" at very low prices and expect for them to really put the work into a new design.
    I know every designer regardless of the price always promise to deliver, but it just doesn´t happen.

The low Budget designers are like the "unlimited hosting", you only learn about their lack of knowledge and hidden fees after you already made the first payment.
    Undefined Variable
    Contact your webmaster.

I have tried to fix the magins in the feature boxes for the last 3 days lol! I'll fix it though, just need to dig a bit deeper.

Try adding this to your CSS.

.x-column.one-fourth:first-child {
    margin-left:20px;
    }

.x-column.one-fourth:last-child {
    margin-right:20px;
    }
    Undefined Variable
    Contact your webmaster.

Paul, I lost about 2K on a design job that was never even started! The designer I hired was from here WHT and I did research on him prior and he had a great track record. Well, the track record disappeared after I sent him the money. So after that, I decided to just do my own.

I do enjoy building WP sites though. I think this is my 5th design for my company now lol!

Working for me in FF 33.

Bit plain and old fashioned but I guess you like that.

If you click on 'Click to See Plans' (link to personal hosting) there is a modal type thing that pops up with 'Title click me'.

Your page titles are all pc, bc etc.

Anecdotal but I hear they that it is better for seo to name pages like personal-hosting instead of pc etc.

Glad you got rid of your old sidebar, it was intrusive :-)

Paul, I lost about 2K on a design job that was never even started! The designer I hired was from here WHT and I did research on him prior and he had a great track record. Well, the track record disappeared after I sent him the money. So after that, I decided to just do my own.

I do enjoy building WP sites though. I think this is my 5th design for my company now lol!

I feel like a cheap whore now... we custom design AND develop CMS websites for not much more than than.
    For design only, we charge way less.

I am sorry that you had such a bad experience with a designer charging 2k for a design. I would expect that for those low ball "designers" (note the "") but not for someone that values their work in 2k...

That kind of scams only push people away from real agencies, that truly sweat to deliver a good product.
    Undefined Variable
    Contact your webmaster.

I used your CSS Paulo but the 2 inner boxes need to move closer together before adding the magin lef/right - what would be the code for that?

Thank you so much for your help!

Quote Originally Posted by abushahin View Post
    If you click on 'Click to See Plans' (link to personal hosting) there is a modal type thing that pops up with 'Title click me'.
    Ah, Always something I seem to forget, the tooltip popup lol! Thank you!

Anecdotal but I hear they that it is better for seo to name pages like personal-hosting instead of pc etc.
    I am going to be changing this over the next day or 2. The names were only temporary.

Glad you got rid of your old sidebar, it was intrusive :-)
    I can agree! lol!

I used your CSS Paulo but the 2 inner boxes need to move closer together before adding the magin lef/right - what would be the code for that?

Thank you so much for your help!
    ooops, forgot about that.
    Ditch that code and add/edit the following.

.x-column.vc.one-fourth:first-child {
    margin-left: 3%;
    }
    .x-column.one-fourth {
    margin-right: 2%;
    width: 22%;
    }
    Undefined Variable
    Contact your webmaster.

ooops, forgot about that.
    Ditch that code and add/edit the following.

.x-column.vc.one-fourth:first-child {
    margin-left: 3%;
    }
    .x-column.one-fourth {
    margin-right: 2%;
    width: 22%;
    }
    PERFECT! You are awesome Paulo! Thank you SO MUCH!!!!

PERFECT! You are awesome Paulo! Thank you SO MUCH!!!!

No problem, glad i could help.
    just remember to pay me a beer if you ever visit Lisbon
    Undefined Variable
    Contact your webmaster.

No problem, glad i could help.
    just remember to pay me a beer if you ever visit Lisbon
    I'll take you to lunch and buy you a beer!

It looks good but I would like it better if it weren't 100% width :(

Hi Matt,

Your question may be a bit old now, but as someone currently shopping for a new host provider, I'll give you my perspective after looking at too many host provider sites

First, when I saw your (new?) logo, I thought it was for Word Press itself, not part of the company name. I'm sure you wanted to correlation, but it's too similar in my opinion.

I agree with the suggestion to add a favicon.

Otherwise, I like your site design. It's both different and useful. I also like what I'm reading
    Last edited by RickB4; 11-02-2014 at 04:20 PM. Reason: undid delete

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast