* Cyberwings for real?

I signed up for Cyberwings a week ago and finally got an e-mail with 'account information'.

The information they provided for name servers ns7.groupns.com and ns8.groupns.com dont resolve. Even the primary name server for groupns.com wont resolve those...

It was only a few dollars, but did I get ripped off?

I tried thier 'chat support' but all I got was a couple kids telling me they had no idea.

I tried thier 'chat support' but all I got was a couple kids telling me they had no idea.
    LOL... Sounds like you got scammed... sorry to say it. (I was luaghing at the statement about the kids, being scammed is certainly not funny)

I have never heard of this company or whatever it is before...

I posted a little while back questioning how any host could make a legitimate offer of 6 gig transfer, 2 MySQL databases, and unlimited POP emails for $2.10/year. That's 17.5 cents/month. That works out to 2.9 cents per gig transfer per month.

I just don't see any way to make those numbers work...even taking into account the normal "overselling". Server and bandwidth costs will be more than the subs...and thats not even taking into account the cost of customer support.

You might want to check out with shawn about this.
    Affordable Managed Hosting Solutions for Professional & Business since 2001
    Mxhub.com - Global : USA - UK - Canada - Europe - Asia Pacific

I know that right now they are in the midst of a move to their own data center (http://www.cyberwingsdc.com/) which may be contributing significantly to their slow support times.

Even if you finally get setup a month late, you're still getting an awesome deal. Good luck.

Wow... they are actually for real...?
    I could definately understand a low level of quality with their service for a price like that, but thats not much more than free, and no ads.

They may be trying to get an influx of new customer right now to support the new data center. When it comes time to renew in a year, I would not be suprised if that rate has gone up by 1000%!!

I think this type of host falls into the same category as "Unlimited" hosts.

But that is just my opinion.....

Originally posted by HostNutt
    They may be trying to get an influx of new customer right now to support the new data center. When it comes time to renew in a year, I would not be suprised if that rate has gone up by 1000%!!

I think this type of host falls into the same category as "Unlimited" hosts.

But that is just my opinion.....
    I agree... I guess we will have to wait and see on that...

I use cyberwings, and am on two different servers. Everything is working fine for me.

Re: Cyberwings for real?

Originally posted by classics
    I signed up for Cyberwings a week ago and finally got an e-mail with 'account information'.

The information they provided for name servers ns7.groupns.com and ns8.groupns.com dont resolve. Even the primary name server for groupns.com wont resolve those...

ns7.groupns.com now resolves using the primary name server. Still not ns8.groupns.com.

I signed up with CW almost a week 1/2 ago. I finally got the welcome email 2 days ago. The ns7 and ns8 WERE down becuase they are BRAND NEW servers. They were fixed, and now my site is up! I was also assured that the price of hosting that I paid will NEVER go up if I renew, but if I don't renew and decide to go for it again, they won't promise anything. As long as you renew each year, you will keep the price you paid when you joined! NOT A BAD DEAL.

As far as the chat rooms go, "just a bunch of kids" depends on what time you are in there. Most of the time there is usually either someone from CW or a "volunteer" in ther to help with any questions. If they don't know, they find someone who does, maybe not right away, but they do find out.

I personally think CW is one of the best hosts for the money. The servers are fast! The price is GOOD!

Even tho my site is still a work in progress, check it out for yourself. They really are for real!

http://www.slayerboy.net

lol

Cyberwings is for real.
    Cyberwings does have very low prices.
    Cyberwings is growing each day.

If you want to see what current customers say I'd suggest searching for cyberwings in the past messages.

Originally posted by pgrote
    lol

Cyberwings is for real.
    10 days since payment.

Plesk login: non-functional
    DNS: non-functional
    Support: no response to e-mails

If they are 'for real' they need to get thier act together.

God love ya <g>

Once again, try a search and check out the threads that describe the slow account creation issues.

I'll start you off:

http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showth...ght=cyberwings

This is Shawn from Cyberwings. Yes, we have been growing in LEAPS and BOUNDS the past 3-4 weeks, and to top it all off, I have been travelling and not able to be as involved as I would have liked. Now that I am settled again, I will be back online every day handling some of the issues that my guys have not had the chance to handle. If you signed up 10 days ago and do NOT have an account yet, please file a trouble ticket in our helpdesk to inquire. I know that we were caught up on all new accounts through 3/28-3/29 and we will be caught up on ALL accounts this week now that I am back on staff and going full steam ahead again.

We are not a scam by ANY use of the word. We are a very reputable, legitimate company, who has been experiencing an overwhelming popularity increase - but that doesn't make us a scam. We are adding staff, adding resources and servers and working as hard as we can to bring everything back to an even keel. To me, this is a vote of confidence in Cyberwings from our customers to have such a steady volume of orders and repeat customers...........

Feel free to email me at swhite@cyberwings.com to talk further - please note I do have about 2 weeks worth of mail to sort through so I may be delayed in responding

Thanks,

Shawn
    Shawn J. White
    CEO, Cyberwing Communications
    http://www.cyberwings.com
    swhite@cyberwings.com

As long as you're not in a hurry to get any "real" support from Cyberwings, you'll get your money's worth. Their "uptime" is good, but on average, it's taken two to three weeks for anyone to answer my Help Desk requests and both times I've gotten a "I don't know, ask someone else" response.

Their on-site support forum is great. Like you said though, you're getting a lot of newbie answers from non-Cyberwings employees. If you're prepared to wait it out, I'm sure you'll be fine.

Scam? I dunno but this is the first and only time I have ever lost my hosting service for 7+ days and counting.

Well scam or no scam at this time of day their site is so freaking slow that i wouldnt host with them at all. Almost seems liket hey are on a cable modem hosting sites...

slayerboy, you look like an happy cyberwings customer.. but actually I can't access your website... ugh? :p

cant access

hmmm... me too, cant access

The nameservers themselves look ok to me - ns7.groupns.com and ns8.groupns.com. Here is the whois for groupns.com.
    WLVPN.com NetProtect owned White Label VPN provider
    Increase your hosting profits by adding VPN to your product line up