Arvixe is Scam Official Daily Thread - Never Trust Arvixe because it SUCKS

Arvixe webhosting is now officially the worst ever experience you can have. One thing I can feel good about them is that their face is different from their heart, which reminds of the upbeat Lady-Gaga song poker face:-). Here are the highlights that you can possibly experience from their 'evil-winning' customer service:

- they force you to upgrade your account because they believe it consumes too much resources. Did they take an active monitoring approach? Gives You Hell. As quoted from their responding email, they want you to host your 500-IP/day forum on a dedicated server. Is it a good deal? Yeah of course except it makes you negative $200/month.

- the ffmpeg feature they provide is a late-night-talk-show joke. They don't even understand what ffmpeg is and fail to compile the basic command lines, which results in a suspension so they can blame you.

- SSH access is slow and terrible. Sometimes they deliberately blackout your IP from accessing the server.

- streaming video speed from business class pro server is 50% way MUCH SLOWER than the personal class server, reported by at least 100 visitors from my site.

- If you want to receive a perfect Christmas gift, go ARVIXE. Because they will take your site as hostage during your holiday travel. Can you imagine being suspended while you are at the airport boarding zone for vacation? Haha!Plus they refuse to communicate with you because they think you are not as important as other customers.

And there are many many stories that I can share with you about its incompetent customer service and greedy SCAM approach. Stay away from Arvand Sebestian and his evil brothers.

Here is the quick takeaways
    - The website advertised on their frontpage is also suspended
    - The posted testimonies on their forum are 100% positive, in other words, FAKE.
    - Customer support will ignore you via live chat 50% of the time. Trust Me. They are always short staffed.
    - ffmpeg function is a JOKE
    - Never take active monitoring approach
    - always force you to upgrade or LOSE YOUR SITE without backup

I will compile more arvixe stories and share them with you in the upcoming posts
    Last edited by ArvixeIsScam; 01-15-2010 at 09:12 AM.
      1 Not allowed!

I am sorry to hear that, hopefully Arvixe reps can make some clarifications for you here.
    We Have Generated Over 7 Million cPanel Backups Come Dance Together With Us Y'all!
    Offer Your Own Backup Hosting Service - SiteAutoBackup.Com (Private Label / WHMCS Ready)
    WebHostingBusinessBook.Com | YouTube.com/WebHostingTutorial | NowOpenOnline.Com
      1 Not allowed!

Sorry to hear your troubles mate. As I could see one of their old advertisements by a search, they have a representative here. I would like to hear the other side of the story from them. Also I feel it is not a good practice to choose a user name like some company is a scam. It may indicate you have joined the community only to complain about them. Also you can post/report a domain hosted with them to get your review verified by the mods.
      0 Not allowed!

looks like you are hosting a video sharing website? it always needs a dedi server.
    Last edited by Mike V; 01-15-2010 at 02:37 PM.
      0 Not allowed!

You do know that you're complaining about a video sharing website (or something like that) hosted on a shared environment. It is absolutely normal for them to ask you to move to a dedicated plan or at least a vps solution.
      0 Not allowed!

wanrengingkong & gabil: Arvixe is specifically advertising videosharing software on their website, offering "$4.00/month" hosting for the various video sharing apps. You think it is acceptable for them to pull clients in that way then force them to dedicated?

I don't.
      0 Not allowed!

Really sorry to hear that. I remember having talked to them once on a chat system. The response was pretty good and also quick. May be, I was talking at a very odd time.
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin View Post
    wanrengingkong & gabil: Arvixe is specifically advertising videosharing software on their website, offering "$4.00/month" hosting for the various video sharing apps. You think it is acceptable for them to pull clients in that way then force them to dedicated?

I don't.
    In my opinion, it's normal for shared environment that can host video sharing website, but it will be a joke if anyone can guarantee their shared
    Last edited by Mike V; 01-16-2010 at 10:31 PM.
      0 Not allowed!

0 Not allowed!

Sounds like a really poor experience, though I would be interested to hear their side of the story as well, and perhaps hear from other Arvixe customers to see if they've had similar experiences.
      0 Not allowed!

These kind of scammars should be banned from this forum... either these people should reply and sought out the problem or else a strict action should be taken against them
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by alphi View Post
    These kind of scammars should be banned from this forum... either these people should reply and sought out the problem or else a strict action should be taken against them
    I think we should wait for the other side of the story before passing judgement.
      0 Not allowed!

Yes may be we should wait... but it should be the other party's duty to make there reply visible asap.
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by alphi View Post
    Yes may be we should wait... but it should be the other party's duty to make there reply visible asap.
    Well they don't have to and who knows if they even know this thread exists.
    Michael Denney - MDDHosting.com - Proudly hosting more than 37,700 websites since 2007.
    Ultra-Fast Cloud Shared and Pay-By-Use Reseller Hosting Powered by LiteSpeed!
    cPanel • Free SSL • 100% Uptime SLA • 24/7 Support
    Class-leading support that responds in minutes, not days.
      0 Not allowed!

Hello,

Since no personal information is given on this post, it makes it quite difficult for us to provide proper information in regards to this experience.

On a side note, I see testimonials on this forum criticized because they are by "1 post" users but when a vague entry is made by a usernamed "ArvixeIsAScam" with "2 posts", it must be legitimate enough to be reported to the BBB?

I'll try to address each point as best as I can for those that are relying on this post as research -

" they force you to upgrade your account because they believe it consumes too much resources. Did they take an active monitoring approach? Gives You Hell. As quoted from their responding email, they want you to host your 500-IP/day forum on a dedicated server. Is it a good deal? Yeah of course except it makes you negative $200/month. "

We have a terms of service and an acceptable usage policy much like every other host. The last case of a suspension I saw is that the person had 70 simultaneous users on the chat section of their website. Our PersonalClass plans simply can not provide the CPU and memory power for this type of usage. Any developer can outline the high amount system resource occupied by a chat script with 70 simultaneous users on it. Once again, I don't know if this is related to that case but that was the last case where we could not provide services to a site on our shared platform.

" the ffmpeg feature they provide is a late-night-talk-show joke. They don't even understand what ffmpeg is and fail to compile the basic command lines, which results in a suspension so they can blame you. "

Later on in tjos post, this user is talking about Streaming video. The only streaming server we offer is for the software Boonex Dolphin. Dolphin uses its own ffmpeg binary within its own files (not the server's). We work with over 10 software manufacturers whose software uses ffmpeg who send us customers on a daily basis. All of our servers are equipped with ffmpeg, mencoder, mplayer and in case of any complaints in regards to the usage of these binaries, we take a look at the compilation and resolve any issues that we see.

Once again, the details in this post are very vague and provide no entry point for us to investigate.

" SSH access is slow and terrible. Sometimes they deliberately blackout your IP from accessing the server. "

We use APF and BFD much like 95% of the hosts on this very forum. BFD uses default filters which monitors SSH, FTP, cPanel, Webmail, Exim, etc. and identifies excessive incorrect login attempts over a 15 minute period. The IP doing the attempts is then blocked. We have 24/7/365 Live chat and Phone support the customer can contact with their IP to get it unblocked if they were blocked by mistake (if they forgot their password, etc.).

I can't comment on the slow SSH access as we use it to administer the servers ourselves and have not had any issues. Once again, very vague.

" streaming video speed from business class pro server is 50% way MUCH SLOWER than the personal class server, reported by at least 100 visitors from my site. "

We do not provide a streaming server. We provide RMS for Dolphin Boonex. A different RMS server is deployed per server and in case of a BusinessClass server, only 30-40 users reside on the server. I find this extremely hard to believe and can not comment on it without proper details.

" If you want to receive a perfect Christmas gift, go ARVIXE. Because they will take your site as hostage during your holiday travel. Can you imagine being suspended while you are at the airport boarding zone for vacation? Haha!Plus they refuse to communicate with you because they think you are not as important as other customers. "

We never suspend without proper warnings unless the site is taking the server down at that very moment. Generally, if there is a specific script causing issues, instead of suspending the entire account, we rename the script and send the customer an email in regards to it. If the issue reoccurs 3-4 times, then we suspend. Once again, 24/7/365 support on phone and chat. Every single staff member has the ability to unsuspend an account.

Here is the quick takeaways
    - The website advertised on their frontpage is also suspended

???

- The posted testimonies on their forum are 100% positive, in other words, FAKE.

Each one is associated with a different customer and the website is most times mentioned in the testimonials. Many of the testimonials are heavily detailed in nature and are by different IP addresses. The testimonials Arvixe displays are directly from each customer. We invite anyone to contact the individuals through their ID/email/website and learn for themselves.

- Customer support will ignore you via live chat 50% of the time. Trust Me. They are always short staffed.

I invite anyone to give our live chat a try. Its the same process for sales and support and its taken very seriously.

- ffmpeg function is a JOKE

Already outlined above.

- Never take active monitoring approach

We use Nagios monitoring. We have a dedicated monitoring server monitoring all servers (even the dedicated servers) across our network on a per 30 second basis. Every single customer service rep uses the Nagios Firefox plugin to be instantly notified of server uptime to react as fast as possible.

- always force you to upgrade or LOSE YOUR SITE without backup

This is absolutely false. We have a 100% track record where I've personally not only refunded the entire payment even 5-6 months into a contract period but also provided full backups. In some cases we even helped the customer move their site away. Aside from the R1Soft backups that we deploy for current customers, any customer, at any time, can ask for a cPanel backup to be created and placed in their home directory.

To Moderators:

This is a false testimonial. I would assume that since 1 post users posting positive remarks about hosts are looked into for fraud, that this case is also looked into for fraud. Can you please take a look?
    Last edited by Arvand; 01-16-2010 at 07:48 PM.
      0 Not allowed!

"per 30 second basis"

Its per second (every second basis). Sorry.
    Last edited by Arvand; 01-16-2010 at 08:15 PM.
      0 Not allowed!

If you didn'd, please report the post to the moderators. The chances of them reading every post are slim.

Good luck.
    TekSuporte - Server and Security Management
    Dedicated support staff 24x7x365 fluent in Portuguese, Spanish and English
    Free server audit
      0 Not allowed!

I just went into a live chat. Took 3.68 seconds for it to be answered.
      0 Not allowed!

Arvand

Ask yourself one question - If I feel good about your service, why would I take my precious time writing a post against you and your startup?

And now everyone can see you can take time responding to my post rather than fix the real problem. I'm entitled to my opinions and my stories in writing to warn this community and people come across your site that my experience is extremely negative. Everything you said proves one thing - You ARE SCARED.
      0 Not allowed!

This is getting a bit out of control, IMO.
    The Simple Host Ltd - Premium Quality European Web Hosting - Uptime Stats
    Shared, Reseller, VPS & Dedicated Hosting
    15-Day Money Back Guarantee, Nightly Backups, Installatron, Softaculous, RVSiteBuilder PRO, Instant Setup - All as standard!
    Call (+44) 0845 300 9066 for more information.
      1 Not allowed!

I agree. This guy is obliviously lying. I did a bit of a test run on the Live Chat and I received a response extremely quick and was treated with the uttermost respect.

What really worries me is this is now a ban situation due to the fact, this person has 2 WHT accounts. So we will just wait and see.
      0 Not allowed!

I used Arvixe in the past and I found the support fast and courteous, the longest I ever waited for live support was about 30 seconds.
    I never had a problem with my account and the video streaming capabilities were very good for a shared environment.
    Also when I left as I moved to a dedicated elsewhere they where extremely helpful as I had paid for the following month and they refunded it without any hassle, IMO great service and certainly no scammers.
      0 Not allowed!

Looks like Arvixe is doing a pretty decent job!

As most of others, I see no reason to continue discussing.

</thread>
    Fraud Record - Stop Fraud Clients, Report Abusive Customers.
    █ Combine your efforts to fight misbehaving clients.

HarzemDesign - Highest quality, well designed and carefully coded hosting designs. Not cheap though.
    █ Large and awesome portfolio, just visit and see!
      0 Not allowed!