Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Jim - Sent you a PM
      0 Not allowed!

We do not pay £50. We have a different arrangement. I don't mind stating our supplier(s). However I would prefer to keep our arrangement and costs confidential.
      0 Not allowed!

I had a nightmare time with streamline

All was fine until it came to restoring my large forum database and they provided no help at all...all the fixes for restoring large databases couldnt be completed because they wouldnt make any little temp changes to their servers

I talked in detail when i first approached them about my worries in swapping my forum database over and was told their experts would be on hand if i ran into any difficuties

rubbish ..i was given no support just blunt messages saying

Thanks for your query.

Unfortunately we do not provide this service.

Ive dealt with a lot of hosts over the years but i have never ever encountered any company like this..i was horrified

Alan

they wouldnt even move a file from folder to folder which i thought was disgusting
      0 Not allowed!

Why bother?

Would Andrew care to discuss why Derby Local Trading Standards visited him following complaints about Streamlinenet? Or why so many people have been trying to get their money back from his company and not getting prompt help? Or why they don't answer the phone? I could go on and on about this firm. Frankly, the amount of complaints on a number of messageboards bears testament to the level of service this company delivers.
      0 Not allowed!

Thumbs up ABOUT STREAMLINENET.CO.UK

Well honestly people, I really don't believe people are bad mouthing streamlinenet.co.uk!

I absloutely adore streamlinenet for their prices and how they offer unlimited bandwidth and space. And if they can't provide you with this then they offer you your refund back to them.

I've been with them oo-for nearly one year and only found a small
    time which my site wasn't availible. 99.9% uptime is right.

I still host my site with streamlinenet.co.uk and strongly recommend anyone strongly to streamlinenet.co.uk basically
    of their excellent pirce they offer, speediness in sending reponse
    back to customer for support and how they run their
    site.

Keep going streamline.co.uk!

Oliver.
      0 Not allowed!

Well, they certainly have funding to advertise alot, they've been on Adwords for some competative keywords in top positions for months.
      0 Not allowed!

Re: ABOUT STREAMLINENET.CO.UK

Originally posted by m00fgs00
    Well honestly people, I really don't believe people are bad mouthing streamlinenet.co.uk!

I absloutely adore streamlinenet for their prices and how they offer unlimited bandwidth and space. And if they can't provide you with this then they offer you your refund back to them.

I've been with them oo-for nearly one year and only found a small
    time which my site wasn't availible. 99.9% uptime is right.

I still host my site with streamlinenet.co.uk and strongly recommend anyone strongly to streamlinenet.co.uk basically
    of their excellent pirce they offer, speediness in sending reponse
    back to customer for support and how they run their
    site.

Keep going streamline.co.uk!

Oliver.
    You wouldn't happen to be the same Oliver who works for streamline would you?
      0 Not allowed!

Yea, I noticed that too.

An appraisal from a first poster....hmmm....

0 Not allowed!

Guys you are mixing the 2 companies up, the co.uk is a legitimate merchant account site run by Royal Bank Of Scotland and do not do hosting.

That is why I thought it strange when I came across this thread.
      0 Not allowed!

Maybe time you took another look http://streamlinenet.co.uk/
      0 Not allowed!

Re: Re: ABOUT STREAMLINENET.CO.UK

Originally posted by anon-e-mouse
    Wow mouse - you don't let anyone have any fun, do you?
      0 Not allowed!

Yeah... She has a thing for common sense and propriety. Really annoying stuff.
      0 Not allowed!

Re: Re: ABOUT STREAMLINENET.CO.UK

Originally posted by anon-e-mouse
    *whip*
      0 Not allowed!

A message for 'Oliver'

Thank you Oliver Stirling for the post. I understand your loyalty to you previous employer - I am to most of mine. You might still be at Streamlinenet, in which case instead of spending your time writing up posts which so blatently fly in the face of every other one I have ever seen about the company, perhaps you could ask your colleagues to call your customers and resolve the problems we all seem to have with this company.

Do you know what makes this really stink? You might be right with your statement about your site, but you worked for this firm which means there are people there who know how to do the job properly. So what keeps going wrong?

And next time, don't try to hoodwink posters - it only makes things worse for your firm, because then people wonder why they have been trated badly, and then start to write very bad accounts.

Just a last thing - why has Andrew Dollamore not replied to my post? Why not answer my questions? Do I have to start calling the parent company and making things even more difficult? I am minded to exactly that now.
      0 Not allowed!

And another thing

I have seen a post about a scam site which streamlinenet are involved in at some point or other. Add the old htt and ww stuff with a dot and html at the end to make the link.

chatmag.com/news/
    nsa_email_scam
      0 Not allowed!

Here is the link because he can't post it http://www.chatmag.com/news/nsa_email_scam.html

Wow... Streamline SUCKS!
      0 Not allowed!

I think it's time the police were called.....

Let's face it, explain THAT little scam to them, not us.
      0 Not allowed!

Thanks RouierV...

Appreciated. Hate being a newbie!
      0 Not allowed!

If they cared about their company at all they would have forcefully had that article removed (if they really didn't do it) but it's still there so either they don't care about streamlinenet or they really were involved in a scam.
      0 Not allowed!

Yup

I agree. I seem to remember seeing something about them hosting a site involved in a pyramid cash scam as well. Must try and find it out.......
      0 Not allowed!

We posted that information just as soon as the suspect email was received, and did a whois lookup.

The scam site has been removed, and a change to the whois shows:

On Behalf of a customer

Checking the Streamline site shows they offer domain registration service, which also leads me to believe they did not have an active role in the scam.

Our alert was that an email that looked like it came from a US Government agency was a scam, we did not infer that Streamline had anything to do with the scam itself, simply that they hosted the site.

Many hosting companies unknowingly provide hosting for what turns out to be scams. In most cases, alerting the hosting provider to the scam site gets the site shut down.

Whether Streamline took it off, or the site operator shut down, the site is gone.

Personally, I doubt Streamline itself had anything to do with the scam, they were an unknowing victim. If they removed the site, all the better for everyone.
    Last edited by Chatmag; 11-17-2004 at 12:14 PM.
      0 Not allowed!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12