Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Which is more important? Link exchange or natural link building?

Hi all....

We all know that having more and more links to your site increases page rank and search engine rankings.......but which is more important as far as building links is concerned.....Is it link exchanges with related sites or other/related sites finding natural links because of the content?

Link exchange is not considered any more by any SEO professional and even Google do not entertain this kind of strategies for promotion of websites.

I don't know what exactly you mean by natural link building but link building manually is best way to get higher ranking and higher PR for sure..

Reciprocal links have lost a lot of seo value in the last several years. You'd be better off focusing your attention on building keyword anchored links on topic related sites.

Quote Originally Posted by Sago-John View Post
    Reciprocal links have lost a lot of seo value in the last several years. You'd be better off focusing your attention on building keyword anchored links on topic related sites.
    By keyword anchored links you would mean if you run a blog focused on web hosting you would go to other web hosting blog and write informative comments/articles in the comments sections right?

As well as going to relative forums and making informative/relative posts.

I meant for you to anchor your links with keywords that pertain to your site.

In my own experiences, link exchanging might be still work for traffic exchanging purpose. Generally speaking, one-way natural backlinks with our targeted keywords as anchor text would the best for backlinking purpose.

Have a nice day,
    Men, women and kids air jordan shoes,
    air jordan fusion shoes shop online.

I agree... link exchanging has gradually lost importance, but is not totally unuseful or meaningless. Still, manually built backlinks with relevant keywords in anchor text is the best link building method, in my opinion. The more natural it looks, the better.

Natural link building is much useful and better than link exchange schemes. Your site will get benefit from one-way links that is coming from quality sites. So that you will get some link juice from those sites and you're keeping yours to yourself alone. Natural link building is more important than link exchange as it is free of cost and it only increases inbound links to your site, not outbound links.

You'll definitely want to conduct natural link building. Be sure to include the keyword in the anchor text [or clickable text] of your links.

Natural link building from the most relevant website is most effective than link exchange.
    SUPPORT FACILITY | 24/7 TECH SUPPORT
    SERVER MANAGEMENT | WEB HOSTING SUPPORT | WP EXPERTS

Strong one-way links are always going to be superior to link exchanging.
    CariNet, the leader in cloud hosting and dedicated servers! Cloud computing simplified.

3 way link building still works well.

I think one-way link building and natural link building differs. Natural link building means that your link (only URL and no anchor text used) will be used while in one-way link building, you will get anchor text link...

Even this is said but kicked away strategy by Matt Cutt..

natural link building is better, best and safe.
    <<Please see rules for signature setup>>

With a link exchange you can actually lose more than gain. Try using other means of SEO.

Quote Originally Posted by Intellectsoft View Post
    With a link exchange you can actually lose more than gain. Try using other means of SEO.
    Thank you!
    Finally someone who has some sense and understands it!
    CariNet, the leader in cloud hosting and dedicated servers! Cloud computing simplified.

I don't really do with link exchange instead I focus on backlinks from content. This in my opinion is the best type of backlinks because it's a two in one solution in my view.

Yes, Recprocal links are past nowadays and no more consider by SEO. Better you try building natural backlinks. It will help you more to increase your PR.
    Shared Hosting | Reseller Hosting | VPS Hosting | Dedicated Servers
    KeserHosting.Com

If you got some lists of acting webmasters and contact with them for 2-way do follow link exchange, then it is better.

Link sharing has been marked down for a while now. As @intellectsoft says there are situations were you could come off worse sharing than you did before.

Add value to your website, think about the users and what they will think when coming to your site. By doing this you will get natural backlinks from your users.

Both are great

Actually both are good,because if you do natural link building google think its a natural links so he gives you the preference.While Link exchange you will get the perfect back links.

well natural one way link building is more effective than that of link exchange.. because more search engines prefers that.

Quote Originally Posted by CariNet View Post
    Strong one-way links are always going to be superior to link exchanging.
    Only the ethical and white hat SEO practice is building one-way links naturally.
    It is not only recommended but it is also safe and proven practice for good results.
    Get Magento Themes and Templates at Free Magento Extensions

link exchange may still work for the exchange of traffic. In general, a way of natural backlinks with targeted keywords as anchor text would be the best goal backlinking.

It depends on who your exchanging links with, i have had many requests to exchange links with other business that are not relevant at all, but people think as long as your linking to each other then it is a benefit, but that is not always the case.

As others have said, a few natural links from related sources are far more beneficial than loads of links from unrelated sources.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast