Question Need a registrar with a powerful DNS tools - under $10 a year

I am looking for a registrar with powerful DNS tools - easy and complete DNS tools to create unlimited Host (A), MX, NS, TXT, and CNAME records - and under $10 a year.

I am currently using Namecheap.com, with which I am generally content, but they do not allow to separate the various settings into their components - I can not separate the settings of the A record from the MX record.

Of course, good service and reliability are important. Telephone number for service is helpful but not a must.

Any help is appreciated.

Try Godaddy

At last someone who specifies what they want from a registrar when asking for recommendations. Thank you. You can also separate out A & MX records at DomainSite. Incidentally, did you ask NameCheap about that? What did they say?
    Signature Under Construction.

Hello Reuven,

We certainly do allow this. If you click on "all host records" in your namecheap account you will see this option for email:

"User (Mail Server's Host Name Required)
    [Textboxes to enter MX values will appear after you click the Save Changes button] "

This is seperate from a regular A record. If you need any help setting this up, please let me know.
    Richard Kirkendall
    NameCheap.com

Thanks Richard, but I do not see any "all host records" option. I do not host my DNS with you (namecheap). I need to have at the point of "Domain Name Server Setup" a set of options allowing me to:
    1. Set A record
    2. Set MX record
    3. Set CNAME records (ETC.)

Is all the above possible??

Hm. If you host DNS with someone else then you need to put A, MX, CNAME etc with whoever hosts your DNS.

You lose all DNS options in the namecheap panel when you change nameservers away from namecheap.

Quote Originally Posted by ReuvenNY
    Thanks Richard, but I do not see any "all host records" option. I do not host my DNS with you (namecheap). I need to have at the point of "Domain Name Server Setup" a set of options allowing me to:
    1. Set A record
    2. Set MX record
    3. Set CNAME records (ETC.)

Is all the above possible??

A, MX, CNAME are all various type of records stored in nameservers. You can't edit them at namecheap because, as you say, 'I do not host my dns with you (namecheap).

You need to contact your dns provider to set those records

Yep. That's exactly your problem. If you are not using NameCheap's nameservers, then how do you expect them to help you? You need to ask your dns provider or switch your dns management back to NameCheap.
    Signature Under Construction.

Thanks for the responses. I think I now understand my problem.

if you use registrar company services you must use their own dns setting

Quote Originally Posted by ReuvenNY
    Thanks for the responses. I think I now understand my problem.

godady is under 10 but I would not always recommend