Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 891011121314 LastLast
    great... 6 hours downtime!!
      0 Not allowed!

16 hours down time in 3 months is a hell of a lot.
      0 Not allowed!

I've just seen a few of my servers come back online.
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by jumpoint View Post
    Actually, we expect to loose many customers. We have a proprietary solution and our average customer is well over $100/mo. That client will not tolerate this, and nor will we.
    Whats the SLA in your Colo4 contract?
      0 Not allowed!

Glad to hear some of you are getting service again. I know your pain..
      0 Not allowed!

Actually, we expect to loose many customers. We have a proprietary solution and our average customer is well over $100/mo. That client will not tolerate this, and nor will we.
    well, i understand. are you saying that this kind of outage has such a deleterious effect on their businesses that they can go elsewhere? anyway, not appropriate here. i'm not trying to create noise. we're all in the same boat.
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by mdrussell View Post
    Then you need redundancy between two diverse data centers. Power issues can affect anyone and until we know what happened with the ATS failure, it would be wrong to point the finger.
    You can make that point until the cows come home, but I am FULLY redundant within Colo4, and I pay them to make sure I have power, cooling, and internet. Now, 15 minutes here and there is one thing, but for what I pay them, is 6+ hours of downtime fair? Absolutely Not.
      0 Not allowed!

You can make that point until the cows come home, but I am FULLY redundant within Colo4, and I pay them to make sure I have power, cooling, and internet. Now, 15 minutes here and there is one thing, but for what I pay them, is 6+ hours of downtime fair? Absolutely Not.
    If you pay them for redundant power, uplinks and cooling then yes, you are absolutely right to be aggrieved. I would be too.
      0 Not allowed!

My servers are now working.
    Yeah...:
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by advwebsys View Post
    well, i understand. are you saying that this kind of outage has such a deleterious effect on their businesses that they can go elsewhere? anyway, not appropriate here. i'm not trying to create noise. we're all in the same boat.
    Yes, it sure does. They pay us to make sure they're up, and we pay Colo4 to make sure we're up. Our equipment is fully redundant, unfortunately we did not anticipate their entire data center would go down for 6+ hours with no end in sight. That's simply unheard of in a professional co-location setting. And yes, we are sure in the same boat, a boat which I hope soon rights itself for both of us!
      0 Not allowed!

this says again that many so-called redundancy is just marketing talk....
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by teh_lorax View Post
    Whats the SLA in your Colo4 contract?
    SLA or not, an outage of this length through the main part of the day will see some attrition. That's just the facts.

My point remains, however, that I'm not sure Colo4 needs random forum goers trying to appease/piss off/blame customers by telling them what they did wrong when they are paying Colo4 to avoid this exact type of issue. I would imagine that their customers are mad enough without folks here telling them they don't know what they are doing. Basically, your argument is that colo4 isn't to be trusted and the customer should have other plans. I don't think that's the message they want to convey. They are well aware that their customers are upset. Paul wouldn't have taken to a forum if he didn't expect to take some heat for the outage.
      0 Not allowed!

... I am FULLY redundant within Colo4,
    (emphasis mine)

You should have been planning for Texas to go missing and still be in operation.
      0 Not allowed!

servers

Confirm-- my servers are coming back online
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by slade View Post
    (emphasis mine)

You should have been planning for Texas to go missing and still be in operation.
    I second this. And from now on I'm not trusting to have it just done for me. You want something done right you have to do it yourself.
      0 Not allowed!

One server is up now and the other one is still down.
      0 Not allowed!

Back up now. Look out non-dallas data centers. Here come some customers (probably not a flood of them).

Besides losing customers, this will necessarily result in us implementing some sort of failover system.

I'm going for a drink. It has been a LONG LONG DAY. Tomorrow will be worse.
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by djlurch View Post
    Back up now. Look out non-dallas data centers. Here come some customers (probably not a flood of them).

Besides losing customers, this will necessarily result in us implementing some sort of failover system.

I'm going for a drink. It has been a LONG LONG DAY. Tomorrow will be worse.
    Amen Brotha. Fortunately, I keep a bottle of Vodka by my desk.
      0 Not allowed!

Everything is online for us.
      0 Not allowed!

latest update:

The power has been restored fully and all customers should be up. If you are a customer and have not come online yet, please open a help ticket for us to handle directly.
    In addition, we have deployed a team member to walk the data center and look for any cabinets not powered up. We will reach out to you and coordinate getting your equipment live for any that we observe in this process check.

We will provide customers with a more detailed update upon completion of our after-action review for this incident. Our first goal at this time is to ensure everyone is up safely and all connectivity is restored.
    Thank you again for your patience.
      0 Not allowed!

I'm not up at all. There is no site.
      0 Not allowed!

we still have 2 servers down
      0 Not allowed!

Still offline
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by wynnyelle View Post
    I'm not up at all. There is no site.
    Are you a DIRECT customer of colo4?

If yes, open ticket.

If no, find your reseller, and BUG THEM.
      0 Not allowed!

Holy crap, let there be light, I have power.
      0 Not allowed!

Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 891011121314 LastLast