How do I change my IP address?

I can't seem to point my browser to any site on a particular server, but all other Internet works. How is this possible? Can anyone tell me how to change my IP address at home to see if that works?

Vito
    DemoDemo.com - Flash tutorials since 2002
    DemoWolf.com - 5,300+ Flash tutorials for hosting companies, incl. Voice tutorials

Don't really know what you're trying to achieve but you might try kproxy.com.

It's quite likely that your IP address is banned from that server.

To change your IP, you will probably have to call your ISP and ask for your IP to be changed although sometimes you can simply unplug your modem for a few minutes and once you plug it back in you have a different IP.

An easier solution to test this is to use a proxy or a VPN and then try to see a site on the server.

It's also possible that this server is currently down, in which case changing your IP won't help.

Agree with the others on using a VPN or Proxy to change your IP or gain an "Outsiders" look.

You could also power down your cable/dsl modem, and boot it back up and hope you grab a new IP address. Usually around here you keep the same one for months on end, but you never know.

I can in fact reach the sites through a proxy server. This is my server and I never banned any IPs. How could the banning have happened and how do I reverse it?

Vito
    DemoWolf.com - 5,300+ Flash tutorials for hosting companies, incl. Voice tutorials

Is it a bad idea to login to a zencart admin area while using a proxy server? Is it open to public viewing when doing so?

Vito

Quote Originally Posted by vito View Post
    I can in fact reach the sites through a proxy server. This is my server and I never banned any IPs. How could the banning have happened and how do I reverse it?

Vito
    Could happen automatically after a number of failed logins, depending on various security/firewall settings. Might be temporary, then you wouldn't have to do anything, otherwise you need to find out what is the cause.

Quote Originally Posted by vito View Post
    Is it a bad idea to login to a zencart admin area while using a proxy server? Is it open to public viewing when doing so?

Vito
    Is it encrypted, that is, are you using a cert of any sorts?

No cert. No encryption.

Vito

I ended up whitelisting my IP address so all is good now.

Vito