maricly Guest
    I have simple HTML website with some flash and couple short videos. The same site is exposed in two domain names. Total about 30 pages, takes about 50 Mb of disk space. The site is about treatment of different addictions. Now I host it on the dedicated server and want to merge to another hosting company (reason - current hosting do not have FreeBSD-7).
    I am not much experienced in the hosting offers, that's why I hope the forum community could help me to find hosting company.
    What I need:
    - FreeBSD-7
    - Unlimited traffic
    - Guaranteed channel no less than 100 Mbit
    - Friendly technical support ready to spend some time to establish some filters on the router (need to block ICMP, UDP).
    I clearly understand that the hosting I need could not be cheap.
    Appreciate any help.

I have simple HTML website with some flash and couple short videos. The same site is exposed in two domain names. Total about 30 pages, takes about 50 Mb of disk space. The site is about treatment of different addictions. Now I host it on the dedicated server and want to merge to another hosting company (reason - current hosting do not have FreeBSD-7).
    I am not much experienced in the hosting offers, that's why I hope the forum community could help me to find hosting company.
    What I need:
    - FreeBSD-7
    - Unlimited traffic
    - Guaranteed channel no less than 100 Mbit
    - Friendly technical support ready to spend some time to establish some filters on the router (need to block ICMP, UDP).
    I clearly understand that the hosting I need could not be cheap.
    Appreciate any help.
    You mentioned that you're currently hosting it on a dedicated server. I presume you're looking for a new dedicated server provider? Are you looking for an unmanaged or managed provider? Budget?
    By the way, there's no such things as unlimited traffic. You're probably looking for "unmetered" traffic, which can be quite expensive depending on what you choose (shared vs dedicated port).

maricly Guest
    Thanks for prompt answer.
    Yes, I am looking for dedicated server provider and unmetered traffic. Yes, I understand that the service I need is expensive.

Thanks for prompt answer.
    Yes, I am looking for dedicated server provider and unmetered traffic. Yes, I understand that the service I need is expensive.
    Do you need unmanged or managed? If you don't know how to administer your server, you'd definitely want to go with a managed provider or hire a third-party server management company to administer your unmanaged server (if you go this route).
    Some hosts you might want to consider:
    FDC Servers - provides unmetered bandwidth (shared or dedicated, you choose). Self-managed.
    Choopa - I'm not really familiar with this company, but I heard they have a solid network. Self-managed (managed available).
    10TB.com - Though not unmetered, they use SoftLayer's network, which is stable and reliable. As the name implies, you get 10 terabytes of bandwidth. Self-managed (managed available).
    Check out the hosting offers section...you might just find what you're looking for.

There was a "high risk" host that did shared and dedi, they gave you like 1gps or something for ddos, it was nice, but you paid for it... lol

maricly Guest
    ambient_88, thank you for info.
    Any other suggestions?

Hi!
    You're definitely looking at a dedicated server. As long as you understand it won't be cheap, you should be fine. I've seen some provider's offer 100MBPS for around $1200 per month, but I would doubt that it would be dedicated bandwidth.

maricly Guest
    Hi!
    You're definitely looking at a dedicated server. As long as you understand it won't be cheap, you should be fine. I've seen some provider's offer 100MBPS for around $1200 per month, but I would doubt that it would be dedicated bandwidth.
    Where did you see these offers?

awknet.com is amazing in ddos protection

awknet.com is amazing in ddos protection
    +1 although the company i am with are pretty good. Taking daily backups and always upgrading the security software and systems.

Watch out for the fake ddos protection providers.

I think with 10 Mb/s and $1000 budget you can get managed with elements of DDos protection (nobody can guarantee 100% availability under DDos). With 100 Mb/s unmetered - you could be little bit low on budget.

staminus.net has dedicated port offerings that are very reasonable and DDOS protected. I don't recall Choopa ever 'advertising' ddos protected services but that may be something they do. For the prices staminus.net offers, you can't go wrong. We have used the Staminus network several times and never had a problem, the ddos protection is great.

maricly Guest
    Just want to say thanks to all of you. The problem with the website is settled.
    Gigenet is wonderful service, Derek is great sales person.

Just want to say thanks to all of you. The problem with the website is settled.
    Gigenet is wonderful service, Derek is great sales person.
    Good luck and let us know how it all goes for you