Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

ipage.com is the WORST

I paid for ipage.com for one year and tried to use my joomla website and it didnt work! So, i re done my site in HTML and the website ran so slow I had to move to another hosting account. Please whatever you do, stay away from ipage, they wouldn't refund my money
    <<Please see rules for signature setup>>

Quote Originally Posted by lawless87 View Post
    I paid for ipage.com for one year and tried to use my joomla website and it didnt work! So, i re done my site in HTML and the website ran so slow I had to move to another hosting account. Please whatever you do, stay away from ipage, they wouldn't refund my money
    Sorry to hear about that. Just make sure to only pay for a month of hosting instead of a year next time, to prevent the same type of incident from reoccurring - you can always change the billing term to a longer one if you are happy with their services after you have tested it to match your needs perfectly.
    HostStellar.com - Stellar Shared and Reseller Hosting
    Features: LiteSpeed Powered | R1Soft Backup (6 hourly) | RVSiteBuilder Pro | Jailed SSH Access
    Guarantees: 24/7/365 Stellar Support | 30 Days Money Back | 99.9% Uptime SLA

Please whatever you do, stay away from ipage, they wouldn't refund my money
    Why wouldn't they refund your money? Any reason for that? Were you still within their money back guarantee period?

I'd like to hear some more information about this. I think that review was very short, not informative and could be bashing. OP if you look at other reviews they are all detailed with as much information as possible!

Please give us more. How do we know you used them? Since you switched hosts how can we verify the domain was there? Please speak to the mods and see if you can somehow verify this!

I'm sorry to hear about your experience with iPage. Yes, please explain why they would not wont to refund your money, because as I'm seeing their moneyback policy is moneyback anytime guaranteed.

Anytime Money-Back Guarantee
    If you're not satisfied with iPage, we'll give you your money back. No questions asked, no time limits. Cancel at any time, and we'll issue you a refund for the remainder of your current payment term. It's like a warranty that never expires! Plus, during the first 30 days, we'll refund your hosting fees in full.
    Snoork Hosting - Enterprise Servers | DDoS Protected Network
    99.9% Network Uptime | 15 Minute Ticket Response Time | 24/7 Live Chat
    Check Out Our Dedicated Server Specials For Amazing Discounts & Promotions

Well, I bought the account back in April, and I tried to host a few of my joomla sites but there mysql was not up to par for joomla so, I created one of my sites with just HTML and their server was really slow, I requested a refund and they refuse because they said that I apply for there directory service and something else that I was using. They also stated that they had a $35 cancellation fee which was never mention and that took my refund
    <<Please see rules for signature setup>>

Sorry to hear about your poor experience with ipage. Unfortunately, this is one of quite a few negative experiences that I have seen posted within the past few weeks. Hopefully they can get their act together
    XeHost.net - Hosting websites since 1999!
    Shared Hosting, Cloud Hosting, Reseller Hosting, VPS Hosting, and Dedicated Servers
    End-User Support, WHMCS, and WHMReseller Available on Reseller Plans!
    Follow us on Twitter - new special every Sunday! @XeHost

Well, Im sorry to hear about your bad experience, but can you provide FULL DETAIL about the experience, including why they wouldnt give your money back. Have you read there TOS?

Quote Originally Posted by N402KC View Post
    Well, Im sorry to hear about your bad experience, but can you provide FULL DETAIL about the experience, including why they wouldnt give your money back. Have you read there TOS?
    I am pretty sure a few posts up he provides plenty detail on why they won't provide the money back. He received additional features (maybe add-ons I don't know) that aren't included in the money back. He also explained that they have a 35$ cancellation fee so even if they would refund his money they would be giving him 0$ back as the cancellation fee would take his refund.

I don't know what the T.o.S. states. But I do know that it is real shady business practice. It seems that these McHosts (McDonald's reference) are popping up all over the place and just ripping people off! All week I have seen a ton!

Agreed. Charging for a Refund. Thats the biggest bull pitt ive ever heard

Well here is what they say via live chat;

We do not charge a $35.00 fee to issue a money back guarantee, hence you do not need to worry about that. Says Stewart in the Billing Dept. Also on there site list's a 100% full refund within 30 days, but if you have a domain with them its a $15 fee.

Should of read my review.

Anyways, if they still won't give you a refund.
    Fight for it, call them.

I fought for my refund.

Please give us more. How do we know you used them? Since you switched hosts how can we verify the domain was there? Please speak to the mods and see if you can somehow verify this!
    Based on IP history (domaintools.com) the two domains in his signature (discountciscoequipment.com, brocadenetworkproducts.com) were at some point (up to May and up to April) hosted by Ipage.

Is iPage running a scam? Still no refund

I agree with you, iPage is the worst!!! I signed up last week and the first red flag was when they didn't register my domain. I spoke to someone on the phone and immediately I thought, this is an incompetant company. I then started doing online research for iPage and all I found where negative reviews. I should have done this first. I immediately called and cancelled my account 3 days ago, asking for a full refund as I did not select any 'products' - the add-ons (which they nail you on). They assured me I would receive this. I didn't see anything changing in my account so I emailed asking for the ETA on the refund. I get an email back asking what my security answer is to the question I provided and the only way they can issue the refund is if I answer this. WHAT KIND OF CRAP IS THAT??!! My refund should have been automatic! I cancelled the service and on top of that, if they did need this information, why didn't they contact me first? why did I have to ask?

I read on a forum that Paypal may not be able to protect me in this as they don't cover virtual purchases like websites.

Is there any buyer protection from a scam company like this? I may not see my money or, like other people I've read about, they'll take $45 or something along those lines, just because they can.

I am not sure. Perhaps you are right. But in my country, there are still many bloggers and webmasters are using iPage to host their sites.

Is there any buyer protection from a scam company like this?
    I'm not familiar with US agencies unfortunately.

I get an email back asking what my security answer is to the question I provided and the only way they can issue the refund is if I answer this. WHAT KIND OF CRAP IS THAT??!! My refund should have been automatic! I cancelled the service and on top of that, if they did need this information, why didn't they contact me first? why did I have to ask?
    They regularly use that form of verification, to ensure that they're talking to the right person, otherwise anyone could ask them to do anything, about any account. Give them the right answer, and keep us updated on how things go with the refund.

Although it was a rocky start to begin with (signing up and canceling), I have finally received a full refund and yes, I realized that that security question was to ensure that someone wasn't breaching my account; however, the cancellation had already taken place previously so naturally a refund should follow. One shouldn't be required to reach out and answer questions. On top of that, it wouldn't do someone else any good to ask for a refund as that money wouldn't go to them.

I contacted iPage twice regarding the refund and it successfully went through. I'm sure many people have had a positive experience using iPage, but it made me nervous how things were unfolding. It didn't help that I found so many reviews online about money not refunded in full, or websites running slowly, etc.

My advice to anyone finding a hosting company would be to do your online research, read the company's T&C's, and ensure that you have buyer protection from companies such as Paypal. In addition, avoid the 'free' domain offerings. Purchase your domain through a separate company and make sure it's yours, not something owned by the hosting company. iPage may be reliable but some of the 'fine print' details about the 30 day money back guarantee, the inability in my case to register a domain, amongst other mentioned concerns, led me to look elsewhere.

* iPage is no good...

Quote Originally Posted by lawless87 View Post
    I agree, I switched to iPage from Hostmonster, because they had better response time.
    But this was a BiG mistake, iPage has little or no support for any other script than their own scripts in their "InstallCentral"...which quite few compared to a cPanel-host.
    I tried using Joomla, and install compnents as JomSocial etc...but No, they do not support certain features...
    So, it was a no go to that.

Then I tried SocialEngine, Dolpin 7, and even the simplest script Elgg. But NO, iPage does support it....what do they support then? They boasting about how great they are and that they have over 1 million sites hosted...blah blah..

I am very disappointed with iPage.com, and would recommend any web developer to stay away from them. They do not have any support for scripts at all...

I give iPage the RED light. Increase your support for php-scripting and consider shifting to cPanel instead.

Quote Originally Posted by Chrizze View Post
    I agree, I switched to iPage from Hostmonster, because they had better response time.
    But this was a BiG mistake, iPage has little or no support for any other script than their own scripts in their "InstallCentral"...which quite few compared to a cPanel-host.
    I tried using Joomla, and install compnents as JomSocial etc...but No, they do not support certain features...
    So, it was a no go to that.

Then I tried SocialEngine, Dolpin 7, and even the simplest script Elgg. But NO, iPage does support it....what do they support then? They boasting about how great they are and that they have over 1 million sites hosted...blah blah..

I am very disappointed with iPage.com, and would recommend any web developer to stay away from them. They do not have any support for scripts at all...

I give iPage the RED light. Increase your support for php-scripting and consider shifting to cPanel instead.
    Forgot to mention the domain hosted with iPage.
    Domain hosted is Stenungsund.nu (Amongst others)

this really does sounds a little funny. iPage have been mentioned allot recently. Perhaps its some new staff or something giving this bad run!
    Garbott Ltd - Exceptional web development, hosting & consultancy services

* iPage is the Worst!

Quote Originally Posted by Alexx LL View Post
    are you talking about ipage(dot)com ?
    Yes, I am talking about iPage[dot]com...they are really not supporting a bunch of things. But they don't tell you about it, their support just replies every time you have an issue with a script, "I am sorry, our servers do not support Elgg, Dolphin, JomSocial, whatever system I have tried to install"...

Their service seemed fine otherwise...but they can't keep up with their competition unfortunately.

I agree iPage is worst

I would agree.

I would not use their service unless you do not care about your site going down for couple of times during the weekend. When you sign up they claim disk space is unlimited. But when you start using they cap it as 25GB. If you run over it they will disable the account. Also, if you account is over due by few days, they disable your account. There is no grace period. Pretty bad customer service.

I agree with the OP, it's the worst.

I used to host my main site over there and every day a downtime of 1 - 3 hours occurs!

Avoid hosting with iPage.

I've been with IPage for one year and it was a good host (except that I don't like their control panel that is way too different than cpanel). After one year they charged a bigger amount for the second year of hosting. The payment has been made automatically, about 15 days before the initial contract to expire. I have asked for a refund and they refunded the payment without any hassle.
    So my experience with them was not perfect, but still good.

Sorry you all had a bad experience with ipage.

I've seen some bad reviews of them over on youtube as well.

Chad
    Webmasterbabble.com Webmaster Forum
    Come join us at webmasterbabble.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast