Arrow One man company. Trust? One server company. Trust?

Hello,

Well, I open this topic is wish to discuss with you whether one man company or one server hosting will give people a bad impression of your business?

Let say, in Hong Kong, I have went thru some hosting forum, they are saying dont ever choose a one man company. Why? why is that? Why do they say that? Couldnt a one man company lead the way? Well, not critizing, Dathorn (birth of WCHost), yes we started off with Dathorn. Andrew, I always think you are a one man company but end up nuh.. he is not (some said so). But if he is (in my mind tell me is) he is running a huge business there! He has a successful business for sure!

But how come people say one man company is bad? could not be trusted? Is there something wrong with it?

No one say, having partnerships will lead the way. If you took commerce in your high school, you see that table of
    Individual - Advantages & Disadvantages
    partnership - advantages & disadvantages
    company (2-more) advantages & disadvantages

do you ever see ::
    partnership/company - ADVANTAGES ONLY (unbeatable!)
    NO, you dont see that at all.

Also, one server hosting, is there a problem with it? Why people run away with company that has only 1 server as webserver? Do they ever think of how the (current) large hosting businesses use 1 webserver to start their business? Why invest 100K on a hosting business with only 2 customers? and 10 workers? When you are earning only a few dollars per month!

Are they seriously blind on these stuff? or are they just bull****ing so people can go to other business (the person who posting these kind of the stuff hiding him/herself is belong to other hosting company)? have they ever think of themself? they start off with 1 or more server too.

Is not something like, WHT first day of opening will have 1000 people online at a same time with 10K membership signed up (exception of giving out money to sign up tho)

just my personal opinion!

I am quite sick of people saying one man company **** or one server company c***.

It's probably because of all the new fly by the night hosts starting up that shut down after a couple of months. People think that if there is more than one man running, its a more reliable company, and if there is more than one server running it is a more successful company, which in most cases can be seen as true

But, it depends really on the integrity of the person in charge...

If they are crooks, it wouldn't help if there are 10 of them, you'll still suffer.

If they are good people, you it wouldn't hurt even if there is only one.
    New site: www.talkutas.com

Every company starts out with one person, and one server.. Go figure..
    The Hostworks:: Offering Managed and Unmanaged VPS
    Shared Web Hosting and Managed E-Mail security services.
    24/7 Support :: 10 year anniversary coming soon!

you can never tell tho' whether you are dealing with 10 crooks or 1 reliable person. It usually just has to go on word of mouth from other users not whether they are either 1 man or 10 crooked men.

Originally posted by thehostworks
    Every company starts out with one person, and one server.. Go figure..
    you can alway check to see if this company has only just started anyway there are so many ways.

1. just ask them

2. ask for reviews on WHT

3. whois the domain and it will tell you when registered.

4. Should be a tax registered company ( its illegal to say anything when not paying tax) so do a tax code lookup.

As freak mentioned, it does depend on the person.

I got caught by this thread because I myself am thinking to start my new host but targeting a small niche segment. And I personally think noone does things the way I want them to be done thus: I am a one man show because I cannot let for example an employee at my company talk with clients what so ever. I think everything has to be done through me.

I said, through me, yet again that doesn't mean I wouldn't haer/read what they want or suggest, but I just have to know how it will work.

an one man hosting company must be really difficult to manage indeed.

On the other hand an one man design company is a different story altogether ..since imagine he/she does not have any other projects to work on..he/she is basically working for you full time !
    Chris, Developer/Programmer,
    https://www.chrisranjana.com/
    Php laravel developers, Node Python developers,
    AWS Certified | Python developers | Nodejs Developers | Devops