Thread: SORBS Fine

SORBS Fine

Has anyone had experience in how long it actually takes to get an IP delisted after paying the fine? We have paid the fine earlier yet haven't heard from anyone at SORBS. After searching around I found references to the fact that it could take weeks or over a month for them to get to email due to a backlog. The site has been long since suspended on our server, we have paid the fine but I have a feeling the SORBS blacklist will remain as it is for quite a while unless someone here could help me and clue me in on just how long it takes after paying.

The reason we are listed was due to an insecure mail script on a customer account. Our admin say's he saw the load spike and caught it pretty quickly when it started yet it seems SORBS found out and listed it on the blacklist. We did have a spam complaint the next day but had already shut down the site. Even though they weren't aware of the problem. Our admin also doesn't give any second chances to anyone found spamming - even as a result of someone finding their insecure script.

the dnsbl is a difficult beast to handle - however this would probably be better dealt with in the technical forum.

Theres no real way to tell if theres a backlog short of someone from sorbs telling us there is one. I would suggest just keeping on them through the traditional means of contacting them.
    neil MCITP, VCP

Thanks for the info. I am now finding out it is a fine on every email that went out, maybe that is the problem. I thought it was one fine for the whole thing. I have no way of knowing how many we owe on. I still haven't heard from SORBS but if that is the problem I don't think we could afford it anyway. I will wait and see.

They just block a server ip. Do a ip lookup to see if your ip is listed. Usually they remove a series of IPs...

e.g. 1.1.1.1/3

Keep contacting them until they respond, they've been known to slack off...