Page 1 of 11 1234 ... LastLast

The planet SUCKS

I'm so <<< I need to learn effective communication >>> right now. The planet is asking me to shell out $120 more per year for service now.... LESS THAN ONE YEAR AFTER I SUPPOSEDLY "LOCKED IN" a rate of $59/mo.... I PRE-PAID $299 to get this lower rate and now I'm being screwed by these <<< I need to learn effective communication >>> who are not holding their end of the bargain. Will I get my $299 refunded???? NO.

Even if I do pay their ransom of $120 more per year, who's to say they're not going to raise it again????????? On a supposedly "LOCKED IN" rate??? What kind of <<< I need to learn effective communication >>> this? I will not be a part of this company anymore and I hope everyone reading this considering The Planet stays away from them. They are a <<< I need to learn effective communication >>> who have no clue how to run a business and I hope they get everything they deserve, and I hope this message deters future would-be customers of theirs.
    Last edited by SoftWareRevue; 06-18-2005 at 08:59 AM.
      0 Not allowed!

Yea, I had the same support ticket opened this morning on my account as well. It seems there is no way to make them budge on their stance. The $10 a month isnt a big issue to me, however I do not like being told I am locked In on a rate, and then the price goes up.

What happens down the road, when they want to raise the price on my total control servers?
      0 Not allowed!

ThePlanet is clearly encountering major issues along the lines, just look at the facts -

1. TP boots most of the management and brings in an entirely new team
    2. Price increases on all new servers
    3. Price increases for low paying customers
    4. Companies like LayeredTech (huge colo reseller) are being forced out of DLLSTX2 so they can put more boxes there.
      0 Not allowed!

The price increases don't bother me as much as the horrible billing system and the hit or miss support.
      0 Not allowed!

Servermatrix/Planet Announces Price Increases

Servermatrix/Planet Announces Price Increases On Existing Contracts

Just received an email on one of our Servermatrix Servers today. It appears that they are instituting a $10 per month per server price increase.

Here is a copy of the email:

Ticket Details:
    Queueales
    Summary:30-Day Notification of Pricing Increase (Celeron)
    Details:

Price Increase Notification

30-Day Notification of Pricing Increase

Effective August 01,2005 The Planet(SM) will initiate a price increase that will affect Celeron server customers.

Base pricing for Celeron servers below the base price of $xx/month will encounter a monthly price increase of $10 per month. Pricing for upgraded services will not change. The new base pricing will be applied to your August payment.

Your service will remain unchanged and uninterrupted with the adjusted pricing unless you cancel your server with The Planet on or before July 23, 2005 at 11:59 PM CST.

This price increase is due in large part to dramatically higher utility costs and increased operational expenses as well as added value services such as our deployment of high end security devises to provide superior protection for our customers on our network. Some of these products include Tipping Point, Cisco Guard and Arbor Peakflow.

Acceptance:

If you acknowledge this pricing notice and want to keep your services uninterrupted, please update this ticket with the following statement:

"I wish to keep my Celeron server(s) with The Planet and acknowledge the price increase effective, August 01,2005."

Server Cancellation Request:

If you would like to cancel your server(s), please update this ticket with the following statement (no later than July 23, 2005 at 11:59 PM CST ):

"I wish to cancel my Celeron server(s) with The Planet. The IP address and server name for the server(s) I would like to cancel are; (please list IP addresses and server names here)."

Default Procedure for Non-Response:

If you do not respond to this ticket, we assume that you agree to pay the increased rates. You must open a new ticket in Orbit(SM) with your cancellation request if you wish to cancel your server after July 23, 2005 at 11:59 PM CST.

If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact your Sales Representative.

Thank you for your business.

214-782-7800
    800-377-6103

Resolution:

Please do not reply to this email. If you have additional information, please update the ticket using the link to the support system provided. If the support ticket was closed, and the issue was not resolved to your satisfaction, please feel free to open another ticket and reference this ticket number.

Thank you,
    The Planet
      0 Not allowed!

however I do not like being told I am locked In on a rate, and then the price goes up.
    What does your contract says? Unfortunatly, most of the time, that's what matters and people forget to read the contract when they buy a new service. If the contract says they can't raise the price they can't, if it does not then it should have been stated on the contract when you bought the server.

At $69 your server is probably still a good deal and it's better for them to raise the prices and keep providing a good service than leaving customers to the old pricing but having difficulties in keeping up the quality of the services.

Regards,
    :: Martin Leclair
    :: Linkedin Profile
      0 Not allowed!

I don't understand how a company with so much cash flow, can prove to be so instable. Their costs are 2-3x lower than other small companies due to their size, and yet they're still struggling. Either bad management is occuring, or the investors are getting greedy. Could even be a combination of the two..
    Last edited by DStratus; 06-17-2005 at 05:08 PM.
      0 Not allowed!

I think TP are going down the pan personally ... businesses come and go, this one is going.
    █ Dan Kitchen | Technical Director | Razorblue
    █ ddi: (+44) (0)1748 900 680 | e: dkitchen@razorblue.com
    █ UK Intensive Managed Hosting, Clusters and Colocation.
    █ HP Servers, Cisco/Juniper Powered BGP Network (AS15692).
      0 Not allowed!

I don't understand how a company with so much cash flow, can prove to be so instable.
    How can you know that TP has a good cash flow??? As far as I know TP is a private company and their financial statements are not public.
      0 Not allowed!

They do seem pretty desperate, they have a huge new facility (DLLSTX5) which they can fill with new servers, instead they're hankering after rooting out the low paying customers in their other two datacenters. Seems like an excercise aimed at simply grabbing a bity of extra cash quickly...

Man would I LOVE to see a P+L/Balance sheet for this company! I know what I think is going on there, but those documents would tell everything.
    ManageMyServices was sold by me in September 2009. I no longer have any affiliation with this company.
      0 Not allowed!

Originally posted by atchoooo
    How can you know that TP has a good cash flow??? As far as I know TP is a private company and their financial statements are not public.
    It is obvious with their size.
      0 Not allowed!

It is obvious with their size.
    Being big does not mean you have a good cash flow! If you assume that you are wrong.
      0 Not allowed!

What does your contract says? Unfortunatly, most of the time, that's what matters and people forget to read the contract when they buy a new service. If the contract says they can't raise the price they can't, if it does not then it should have been stated on the contract when you bought the server.

At $69 your server is probably still a good deal and it's better for them to raise the prices and keep providing a good service than leaving customers to the old pricing but having difficulties in keeping up the quality of the services.

Regards,
    If I had paid $299 like many have, to reduce themonbthly fee to this level, only to have it later increased to what others who paid no setup are getting i'd be INSANELY P*SSED and absolutely fuming at TP. As a business owner i'd never do that to my clients...
      0 Not allowed!

Being big does not mean you have a good cash flow! If you assume that you are wrong.
    I assume he means revenue as opposed to real cash flow, in which case he's right. But REAL cash and profit are another matter and I reckon this is where TP are falling down...
    ManageMyServices was sold by me in September 2009. I no longer have any affiliation with this company.
      0 Not allowed!

See other topic
      0 Not allowed!

I assume he means revenue as opposed to real cash flow, in which case he's right. But REAL cash and profit are another matter and I reckon this is where TP are falling down...
    Exactly. You can make millions each month but at the same time have millions to pay each month ... and if your millions to pay are exceeding the millions you receive it's not working and you do not have a lot more options than making more millions without spending more. That's when you think about raising prices ... when you do not want to lay off employees :-)
      0 Not allowed!

I never said "Good" cash flow, stop putting words in my mouth. Perhaps you should learn to read before posting.

In any case, I think it would take a lot for TP to go out of business. They have a TON of assets. They could just get reduced over time and eventually be absorbed by another giant.
      0 Not allowed!

$10/m additional on a Celeron server? Give me a break... if you don't want to pay, find another provider to host with.

Sirius
    I support the Human Rights Campaign!
    Moving to the Tampa, Florida area? Check out life in the suburbs in Trinity, Florida.
      0 Not allowed!

I never said "Good" cash flow, stop putting words in my mouth. Perhaps you should learn to read before posting.
    Sorry you are right.

In any case, I think it would take a lot for TP to go out of business. They have a TON of assets. They could just get reduced over time and eventually be absorbed by another giant.
    Right.
      0 Not allowed!

Originally posted by sirius
    $10/m additional on a Celeron server? Give me a break... if you don't want to pay, find another provider to host with.

Sirius
    I don't think it's the price that's bad, it's the fact that when they signed up, they agreed to a price lock, and SM went against this.
      0 Not allowed!

Originally posted by RazorBlue - Dan
    I think TP are going down the pan personally ... businesses come and go, this one is going.
    Can you back that up, with anything other than speculation?

I think your post is a tad on the absurd side.

Sirius
    Moving to the Tampa, Florida area? Check out life in the suburbs in Trinity, Florida.
      0 Not allowed!

I use the "apartment" anaology here alot. You lease an appartment, you usualy have a contract. Usually at the end of that contract, you can expect your lease to go up.

I think most dedicated servers are month-to-month. You sign no contract, so the provider can go up when ever they want.

You have no contractual lock on any price, and I don't think it is an unfair business practice.
    Ray Womack @ atOmicVPS LTD
    Linux & Windows Cloud Hosting Solutions Powered by OnApp
    Fully Managed [Shared][Reseller][Cloud VPS] [Dedicated]
    Featuring the atOmicSTACK ● Speed ● Performance ● Reliability
      0 Not allowed!

Originally posted by JHosts
    I don't think it's the price that's bad, it's the fact that when they signed up, they agreed to a price lock, and SM went against this.
    I guess I missed the part in the AUP or T&C where there was a price lock.

Can someone show me where we (The Planet or ServerMatrix) customers agreed to a price lock?

Sirius
      0 Not allowed!

Originally posted by sirius

Sirius
    As I said in my post the $10 isn't the issue. Your supposed to be at a certain rate, and then you rate goes up. What I'm worried about is if this becomes a regular trend for TP.

What if next they raise the price for people who got the total control with 2 gigs of ram, and 2x120 gig drives, by $50 a month?
      0 Not allowed!

While theplanet/sm is within their right to do that, it is unprecitended in this industry. I have been associated with EV1 since 2001 and never seen such a move.
    Ray Womack @ atOmicVPS LTD
    Linux & Windows Cloud Hosting Solutions Powered by OnApp
    Fully Managed [Shared][Reseller][Cloud VPS] [Dedicated]
    Featuring the atOmicSTACK ● Speed ● Performance ● Reliability
      0 Not allowed!

Page 1 of 11 1234 ... LastLast