Thread: Be Gentle

Hybrid View

Does this look pro enough for ya..

http://www.webinfinity.org

Its not the best, but it will do for the time being. I still got to get a logo, but i dont have one yet.
    Chris

ummm.... Kinda outta line.. The yellow strip is far too thin.... Needs a lot of work .. No offense.

Originally posted by Technics
    ummm.... Kinda outta line.. The yellow strip is far too thin.... Needs a lot of work .. No offense.
    same here. You'll want to widen the whole table as well. Almost everyone is running 800+ wide screens these days so 600 is pretty small for most people.

maybe a slightly darker yellow (not so insipid), and kill the orange - it looks nasty on the blue It's a start

Greg Moore
    Former Webhost... now, just a guy.

what color besides the orange would you think would look good on it?
    Chris

Colour scheme...

What about either cyan on the blue, or black on a robin's egg or pastel blue? Both of those would work.

I'd also suggest you take out the apostrophe in POP3s, since it are be baddest grammar.
    Spider John the Robber Man...long tall and handsome...
    Ontario Events from Regional Shows

Thanks
    Chris

humm .. it's been said .. but indeed the right strip need to be wider, the entire design needs to be wider, a little more padding on the tables would help as well
    Carlos Rego
    OnApp CVO

The Cloud Engine

The right font helps too...

Make sure you select +5 font, green and pink Anrial.

For those who don't know what I'm referring to, http://www.somethingawful.com/spam/icq/raver/index.htm will provide the answer.
    Spider John the Robber Man...long tall and handsome...
    Ontario Events from Regional Shows

Thats funny!!!
    Chris

hehehe
    Carlos Rego
    OnApp CVO

The Cloud Engine

Talking mozilla

Might want to check that in mozilla http://www.mozilla.org :-)
    J. Nick Koston - cPanel, Inc.

Use fewer colors and fewer fonts (typefaces). You really shouldn't have more than two fonts -- one for the headings and another for the descriptions.

The size of the color bar for the word "Seniors" is larger than those for the other classes. I think I would make them all thicker. Then move the word down to the base of the bar (instead of the top like "Seniors" is now). That way it puts some space between the new topic and the old one.

I'm not sure why you split the subjects under the class headings into two columns. It seems like one would suffice.
    That would give you more room in the middle, where I would put the first paragraph or two of the lead news story before inserting the "read more" link.

In the righthand column, the heading for "Sophomores" is misspelled. Don't believe you need and apostrophe in "Sophomore's step up". Do think you need them here:

"Teachers' Thoughts"
    "Seniors' Future"
    "Seniors' Last Thoughts" (sounds morbid btw)

Also, consider "Magazine Sales Results" vs "Magazine Sell Results" and "Fund Raising Results" vs "Fund Raise Results".

In the left column, if you said "Site Rules" instead of "Rules of this Site", you could eliminate the ugly line break. The first item in the "Just for Fun" section is out of alignment.

Your disclaimer at the bottom is disjointed. Find one on the web that suits your purpose (ironic, no?).

If you're still in school, I'll cut you some slack. But if you've graduated, you'll need to retool your grammar skills.

Really, no offense intended. But many people won't stick around for poorly worded sites.

Change your disclaimer:

"This is a personal, site, nor is hosted by the above mentioned, nor shall the webmaster guarantee all of the information given to be true in the entirety that it is presented. This is Copy Righted Material Any unauthorized use of it shall be treated as to maximum of the law"

To:

"This is a personal site and is not endorsed by any party mentioned herein. The webmaster cannot guarantee the validity of any or all information presented. Any unauthorized use of this site's contents will result in the webmaster hunting you down like the dog you are."

Ok, so that last bit was a little off. But you get the idea--eliminate that copywrite sentence, because it's implied with your name and date at the bottom. If anything, add the word COPYWRITE to the name/date line.

Good luck!!!!