Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast
    Lets see here. Everyone know Marks a anus along with his frauded company names let alone "business address".

(03:31:45 PM) Josh "rwaaar" : hes ignoreing me on msn, and now he put his status to away.

A company who takes another companys name and changes one letter in it then ignores you on MSN - wow, talk about customer service. Marks a fawking joke. Grab your files and go some where, LayeredTech has better service than them.

http://mrtg.coloalacarte.com/overview.html

Has 2 racks of servers it seems so less than 80
    prob alot less

Quote Originally Posted by tommyd
    http://mrtg.coloalacarte.com/overview.html

Has 2 racks of servers it seems so less than 80
    prob alot less

If you do not mind, can you please tell us where you got that URL from?
    Dedicated Servers. Resellers Welcome.
    www.dediwebhost.com

Equonix Technology woes

Hey guys

has anyone else had problems with this company ?

on the 19th i ordered a server with them, and emailed them asking how i can pay for it.
    They replied a couple hours later saying i can pay them via email and gave me their address.
    I paid in full, and fired off another email notifying them of the payment, and asking when i can expect the server to be up and running

They didnt respond
    I let it go for awhile, 48hrs later i fired off another email advising them its now been nearly 2 days since i paid, not to mention not even getting a reply back from my 2nd email.

48hrs ago i emailed them once more asking for a refund as i have had to go elsewhere, that previously i had no response from emails, that i would file a complaint with paypal if needed be to recover my money.

I still received no emails, no notification what so ever in regards to the server or a refund, so this morning, 7 days later i file a complaint with paypal, jump on WHT and fire off a message to Equonix stating that i have filed a complaint due to non service and was requesting a full refund. within a few hours i got a reply back which says

'[quote=Equonix]Hello,
    There is an issue on our side, the EE Number is not moving I'll have everything setup shortly.'

This is the 2nd time they have contacted me since signing up on the 19th of april, which is not acceptable in my opinion.
    Sure i might have signed for a server 24-48hrs before a weekend but a general email here or there stating that they have received payment, that they will try to get my server up and running as soon as possible would be nice

A fired off another message after receiving that stating that i would just like to have a refund rather then have a server with them, its nearly been 10hrs since i sent that message with no reply. Sure they are only human too, and are prolly sleeping and thats fine but after requesting for a refund 2 or 3 times u'd think they would get the picture.

Has anyone else had similar issues with this company ?

Cheers

I did not hear from them

Look here. Run as fast as you can.

Eric

Yeh its becoming very obvious how incompetant these guys are ;s

i just want a refund
    grr

Incompetence is where you can't get the job done despite an earnest effort. Mark / Equonix took my money and ran; that's fraud in my book.

Eric

yeh well i've lodged a complaint with paypal
    they have 9 more days to explain themselves before action is taken

Equonix... SOLD :-(

Hello Fellow WHT'ers, I only have 2 servers left with Mark @ Equonix and have moved the rest into Dediwebhost them selves. Woke up this morning to find a ticket from one of my clients saying that there server was offline. I emailed Mark nothing.... Emailed DediWebHost 2mins Later someone replied with this:
    "
    -----------------------------------------------
    (Tech :: YAN)
    -----------------------------------------------
    dear customer:

your server unplugged for non-pay, please contect our billing department."

I then emailed mark and got this:

> Several Servers are unplugged due to our frozen paypal account but it's
    > not my issue from today as Equonix Technologies, Incorporated. has been
    > sold.
    >
    > Regards,
    > Mark Smith
    > http://www.equonix.com

Im not sure what to do as after i replied he never got back to me and DediWebhost cant help becuase its in his name.

Jamie
    CODES WORLD (Your Coding Resource)
    www.codesworld.info

Unfortunatley it is a typical action of Mark....not that it helps you any now. Try contacting dediwebhost again and explaining the situation to them and forward them Mark's response to you. They don't have to do anything, but hopefully they will be able to help somehow.

Although I question how you can sell something that has no value due to them not paying their upstream for the servers. Since he claims he was "incorporated", you should locate the state he incorporated in and file a formal complaint with the states business department. If you find he was not truly "inc'd", make sure you let them know that as many states have stiff fines for failing to properly register and pay taxes on the business.
    Last edited by Matt; 04-26-2006 at 12:11 PM.

yeh, hence why i moved most people . I am in talks with Patrick but we have had a similar situation before.

Just got this from patrick:

Hello Jamie,

This is Patrick. This server seems to have been rented via Equonix Technologies Inc and not directly through us. Whatever money you have paid, has nothing to do with us as the primary owner of this server is still Equonix.

Therefore we urge you to contact your provider and have him turn it back on. I will close this ticket now and you may send me an email to sales@dediwebhost.com if you wish.

Thank you.

Best Regards,

Support Team

I have emailed him personaly now. I hope they can help.
    www.codesworld.info

Quote Originally Posted by Matt
    Unfortunatley it is a typical action of Mark....not that it helps you any now. Try contacting dediwebhost again and explaining the situation to them and forward them Mark's response to you. They don't have to do anything, but hopefully they will be able to help somehow.

Although I question how you can sell something that has no value due to them not paying their upstream for the servers. Since he claims he was "incorporated", you should locate the state he incorporated in and file a formal complaint with the states business department. If you find he was not truly "inc'd", make sure you let them know that as many states have stiff fines for failing to properly register and pay taxes on the business.
    Moreover - if he wasn't properly incorporated as a corporate entity (LLC, INC, etc.), you do have recourse against him personally, including his assets .

Best,
    Sam
    Sam Machiz / Director, Product Development / Ubersmith
    smachiz[at]ubersmith.com / [direct] 212-812-4194

Quote Originally Posted by jamietweak
    > Several Servers are unplugged due to our frozen paypal account but it's
    > not my issue from today as Equonix Technologies, Incorporated. has been
    > sold.
    >
    > Regards,
    > Mark Smith
    > http://www.<deleted>.com
    Wow... nice response there. Guess it's easier just to turn your back on the customers than to help resolve the issues.

Hopefully you are able to get your issue resolved and get back up and running. Best of luck!

Sirius
    I support the Human Rights Campaign!
    Moving to the Tampa, Florida area? Check out life in the suburbs in Trinity, Florida.

yeh, DD havnt got back to me yet, but i cant believe he has done this, he has a new company coming soon after LACNOC but im not sure, by the looks of it he cant make his mind up which company he is keeping
    www.codesworld.info

Hello Jamie,

Per an email from him, he did mentioned that Equonix has been sold to a third party. Before we can verify this item, we will have to put on hold any transfers of servers on Equonix.com's account. We urge you to have Mark send us the information of the new owner so we may work with them to bring all the servers back up.

As of this moment, there is nothing we can do until we can verify who the new owner of Equonix Technologies, Inc. is.

We are sorry Jamie,

Best Regards,
    Sales Dept.
    www.dediwebhost.com
    www.codesworld.info

This is out of our hands until the new owner contacts us. Even Mark has not provided us information with regards to the new owner of Equonix Technologies.

We are sorry to hear that Mark hasn't been cooperative with your needs but there is nothing we can do at this moment until Mark can get back to us.

Best Regards,
    Sales Dept.
    www.dediwebhost.com
    www.codesworld.info

Hello Jamie,

Yes we trust you but there is a liability on our part if we just turn on the server as the primary owner is Equonix.com and now that they have been sold, we don't know what the new owner would like to do with your server. Also, who is going to pay for this server once we turn it on?

Please understand that in our company, policies and procedures are set in place to protect the Company and the ownership of the servers to the correct individual. Again, we can only urge you to try to contact Mark and have his new owner contact us so we can at least help out Equonix.com's customers.

Thank you.

Best Regards,
    Sales Dept.
    www.dediwebhost.com
    www.codesworld.info

Offer to bring up a new server and cover 48 hours worth of time on the old one to transfer data.

They may look better on that.

Unhappy help! equonix scamed me!:(

Hi,
    I brought a dedicated server off equonix.com and it was working quiet good for a few days, then it shut itself without no support answering my emails, i emailed them 3+ times a day and didnt reply, the servers been down for over 11 days now and iv lost 1000's of $, now who can pay for this? there support on there site is down even there email support!, could anyone here help me please.
    Thanks.

my servers are down too been 11 days now help!

Quote Originally Posted by jamietweak
    Again, we can only urge you to try to contact Mark and have his new owner contact us so we can at least help out Equonix.com's customers.
    Always a good sign when customer help is needed to get a company to call their reseller...

Of course, there's no news of the sale on Equonix's website either. Just the 4/15 announcement of them acquiring a Modernbill license so they can more efficiently bill you for services you won't be receiving.

Eric

Dear xxx xxx,

Our investigation into the following transaction is complete. As stated in
    our User Agreement, the claims process only applies to the delivery of
    goods. It does not apply to complaints about the attributes or quality of
    goods received. Therefore, we are unable to reverse this transaction or
    issue a refund.

thats what i got from paypal? any help?

hi,
    thank you for your reply and im aware of that but i still dont know what is going to happen?

Buddy, just move on and save your money! Get another server ASAP, for emergency EV1Servers works well with "Ready-to-Go" servers, instantly activation, very nice. Later you may search for anothers DCs, calm.... Forget the equonix avoiding more headaches...
    Last edited by nsqlg; 04-26-2006 at 01:48 PM.
    Don't blame unmanaged services for your errors. Redundancy is the key for 100% of uptime, nothing else matter

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast