* Hosting Problems

Okay. I had this server from serverloft. It worked to host apache websites and everything. Now i reinstalled it. And it doesent work now. I allowed everything on firewall. And Tryed vent server. Apache. Everything. Nothing works. I use DNS to my IP like before. Still it doesent connect. Its loading but it says can,t connect blabla. Im on a Windows server. Please help! And Apache doesent start for some reason. Something is blocking port.
    Last edited by gurden; 03-01-2010 at 10:33 AM.

Well I fear, you will hardly get any help here with that kind of description. Either provide a more detailed overview or contact a server management company.

I'm going to guess that you have an unmanaged widows VPS. I would at least contact your host and see what they can do for you, at the least they can point you in the right direction. When you "reinstalled it" did you wipe everything you had there before? Did you re-install apache etc (since that's not a widows default app)?

Honestly if you can't manage a vps you really should be on a managed account. Hopefully with a better description of what you did

i reinstalled my OS. Still doesent work for me. Serious... Firewall settings maybe..?

Well, I think you will need to contact your host provider to check if any firewall blocking some ports.

Quote Originally Posted by gurden View Post
    i reinstalled my OS. Still doesent work for me. Serious... Firewall settings maybe..?
    Did you try disabling the firewall ? Are you able to connect to the server via rdp ? Check with you host for more details.

Angry

Yeees awesome!! Now i can,t connect to my server at all. Its activated and works from the company but not me. Serious what is going on? What i do now..? Do i have to buy a new IP adress on their website or what..?

Have you tried connect to your server using other ISP/Connection and see how it goes? If you can connect with other connection, most probably it's a Firewall issue that blocks your previous IP to access your server.

ISP/Cnnection? Tell me how it works please !

Quote Originally Posted by gurden View Post
    Yeees awesome!! Now i can,t connect to my server at all. Its activated and works from the company but not me. Serious what is going on? What i do now..? Do i have to buy a new IP adress on their website or what..?
    your best bet would be to contact your host and see if they can diagnose the issue for you. Also if possible try from a different computer/network and see if it works there.

Quote Originally Posted by njoker555 View Post
    your best bet would be to contact your host and see if they can diagnose the issue for you. Also if possible try from a different computer/network and see if it works there.
    They doesent support OS help. It sucks.