* Do you know any global payment gateways? I do mean global..

As title says, im looking for global payment solution, if possible on-site gateway. Global means, that we want to have customers be able to pay from all European countries to China, Africa, Turkey, north america... so this is global to me.

My company is operating in Hungary, Europe.

All your comments/advises are highly appreciated guys in advance!
    cheers,
    peter pan
      0 Not allowed!

2checkout.com
    Paypal.com
    Stripe.com
    bitcoin.org
    skrill.com
    cdgcommerce.com
    authorize.net

That's all about I can think of. And you can check out the Card & Payment Offers
    http://www.webhostingtalk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=167
    Last edited by Steven_D; 08-15-2014 at 12:30 PM.
      1 Not allowed!

Paypal will be the best solution.
    domainCart - PHP / AJAX Domain and Hosting Order Script | WHMCS Alternative
    Supports 700+ domain extensions, 27+ payment gateways, multi-currency with auto exchange..
    www.domaincart.net | Demo (all in one - without template)
      0 Not allowed!

It's more the acquiring bank than the payment gateway. You may look at global collect as well and RBS worldpay
      0 Not allowed!

Plugnpay.com is a good one if you are looking at setting up recurring payments. You would need to obviously do some comparison shopping based on your needs.
    EmailHosting.com
    http://www.emailhosting.com
      0 Not allowed!

You would just need two, one is Paypal since paypal is used by a lot of people and second one is for accepting credit cards.

The bitcoin one, well it depends on whether you decide to accept bitcoins.

For accepting CC's I guess you are stuck with 2CO.
    HostRoyale Technologies-VPS / Dedicated Servers
    India - USA - Spain - Portugal - Ukraine - Germany - Luxembourg - Austria - Romania - Italy - Estonia - Finland - Australia - New Zealand
    Shared , Reseller, VPS, Dedicated Servers, Colocation, BitCoins Accepted!
      0 Not allowed!

There is no real "Global" payment gateway. Paypal is not supported in many countries. And Credit Card processors are not 100% localized. Your best option is to offer local paypamet gateways. This is difficult because in the majority of cases you need business registration documents and a local bank account.
      0 Not allowed!

I tend to lean towards something like PayPal, though do remember that payment gateways may have their own rules and restrictions for countries, product types, etc. Many still call themselves 'global'. You'll need to do some research on which countries the different gateways restrict.

Then in the US there is an embargo list that companies are not allowed to do business with. I would assume if you are in another country but use PayPal, you would be restricted by what Paypal can do. Though I am not sure on that.
    [B]Scott M
      1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by scott_m View Post
    I tend to lean towards something like PayPal, though do remember that payment gateways may have their own rules and restrictions for countries, product types, etc. Many still call themselves 'global'. You'll need to do some research on which countries the different gateways restrict.

Then in the US there is an embargo list that companies are not allowed to do business with. I would assume if you are in another country but use PayPal, you would be restricted by what Paypal can do. Though I am not sure on that.

Great insight Scott! Appreciated
      0 Not allowed!

We are using Paymentwall which is as global as you can get and our customers love it, the only time I heard from someone not having local payment methods with them was from a guy in Gaza. Make sure to negotiate better fees if you are getting a decent income though, as the default fees are the highest in the market by far.
      0 Not allowed!

When you are talking about a "global" payment gateway, I think you must be referring to the ability to accept payments from folks in other countries?

Any Visa or MasterCard can be processed anywhere on earth, except in restricted territories (ie: Iraq, Iran, Afghanistan). The only considerations make are:

1) What payment currencies do you want to support? (Because you could charge folks in Australia in US dollars, or you could charge them in Australian dollars. Both would work, but you need to figure out your billing currencies).

2) The only other consideration are the cross border cost issues. There are fees assessed by the card brands whenever a transaction crosses a border. Furthermore, processing transactions across borders will always work, but cardholders can see a slightly increased incidence of decline due to the risk algorithms of the card issuing bank kicking in for some cardholders when they are purchasing out of country. There is a blog discussion Foxycart I was involved in about exactly this: http://www.foxycart.com/blog/everyth...ss-border-fees

In summary, any gateway would work, but for it to work well you need to consider the currencies you want to support, the costs, and the location of your customer base.
    David Goodale
    Merchant Accounts.ca
    Canada's merchant account provider.
    Toll free: (888) 414-7111 ext. 5 | Direct: (905) 901-2254
      0 Not allowed!

Stripe.com is highly recommended.
    Explore our outstanding VPS choices tailored to your budget, and we welcome reasonable offers.
    VPS Price Match Guarantee on: All our range of DDOS protected XEN HVM VPS
    == Contact us for any online solution development or managed / unmanaged vps hosting ==
      0 Not allowed!

I'd say Paypal for business. People can pay using their paypal email or credit/debit card but I think many people are wary of using credit/debit card online and Paypal is very safe to use for online purchases.
      0 Not allowed!

It depends on the type of business and customers you have, but in large parts of the word, credit cards are considered a luxury. Likewise, getting a Paypal account might not be easy everywhere and you might be limited to only sending money. Global payment is not as straightforward as it is in most of the first world.
    Last edited by Eterhost; 10-21-2014 at 06:50 PM.
      0 Not allowed!

stripe will sign you then after the first couple of payment they will shut you down.
      0 Not allowed!

Skrill is widely available for international markets. Paypal is a great complement.
      0 Not allowed!

If his company is registered in Hungary he will not be able to use Stripe they re not present there.....I would recommend wirecard they are a strong presence in europe, pretty flexible and use other smaller companies for different payments or their own card system.....of course it depends what you re selling and why you need it for exactly
      0 Not allowed!