Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    I'm not sure if they exist, to tell the truth...

Hrm - still no BoxAdmin to defend themselves lol..

Well not to mention the fact that there has not been another post elsewhere with people complaining that their technical support is not taken care of...

So if this was HBO Boxing, here is the hit count....

Tech Support Reps - 0
    Owners - 0
    Salesman - 1
    Clients - 0
    Future Partner - 1

binaris, I say you just perform a hostile takeover !!!
    Essene Hosting / Link Alberta
    **Re-engineering Your Business**
    www.essene.ca
    www.linkalberta.com

*taps his head*

Somebodys going to be making alot of money

Wow... that's totally not good.... feel sorry for all clients there
    What does one host say to the other? "(HostA) Want to go see a movie?" "(HostB) Sure, can your parents drive?"

I'm premium, and no, I did not have to pay $6 a month to figure that out.

Originally posted by adminME
    *taps his head*

Somebodys going to be making alot of money
    Don't you offer a competing service?? You shouldn't be all over this thread.
    WLVPN.com NetProtect owned White Label VPN provider
    Increase your hosting profits by adding VPN to your product line up

So by the looks of it, boxadmin didn't even have a backup of their database?!

tut tut

It makes much more sense now when I heard:

"but Taylor is taking matters into his own hands - so to speak - as he's the only one really left at the company"

So Taylor is the only one left at the company, so all this time, it's been a one man show eh?
    <?php include_once('signature'); ?>

I could speculate, but I don't have any hard facts... Taylor's a good guy. I believe he was fooled as well. I have yet to see Aron in nearly a week now; so either something's happened to him, or he's bailed. Either way, BoxAdmin's current customers are left high and dry, atm.

As for my theory on the matter, I think I'll keep it quiet for a little while as we all do our own investigating...

Originally posted by binaris
    Either way, BoxAdmin's current customers are left high and dry, atm.
    Who were their biggest clients??
    WLVPN.com NetProtect owned White Label VPN provider
    Increase your hosting profits by adding VPN to your product line up

McHost at one time apparently....

Taylor is a GREAT guy, he has done some work for us and may in the future. Basically he was selling on commission for boxadmin. Aron was very hard to work with so I am assuming that this is where Taylor came along. Just to clear up his name, as I am sure he will be posting tomorrow to say the exact same thing.

Originally posted by MarcD
    Box admin is closed due to jewish holiday
    Wish I could close on holidays.
    Huuh

I thought it was 365/24/7??

Originally posted by phpcoder
    ActSupport is a great company!

They may not be the cheapest but you pay for what you get
    Hmm, thanks, will have a look

well - it looks like now someone has defaced the database

Looks like it's time to find an attorney.

Aron has been on Yahoo! IM for the past couple of days. The screen name he is using is bxa2003. Continues to not respond to any IM's sent. I don't care he was on his way to hell, he needs to live up to his promises. And I'm about to make sure of it!

The thing that's even worse is that they've done nothing about it, phpmyadmin is still wide open, they haven't posted here to clear things up, it seems as if boxadmin is completely wasted, and they aren't attentive enough to sort things out? How long was it that the database was open until they closed it or put a password to it or SOMETHING?!

Still hasn't been done...

The fact that they might not or don't have a backup is awful

Originally posted by Aussie Bob

Mchost have their own in-house support techs. Marc has clarified this position here - http://forums.mchost.com/showthread.php?threadid=14336
    Originally posted by Fazel3
    McHost at one time apparently....
    I think Marc (MCHost) was lying to get a sale

They are still Boxadmin's biggest client

<removed>

Last edited by Chicken; 01-08-2003 at 01:17 AM.

what are the clients? - cant open png sorry

You might want to edit out the url to phpmyadmin

You might want to edit out the url to phpmyadmin
    Bit late for that.............

However the state of their DB indicates they are not currently using it.
    If our helpdesk got destroyed like this we would notice within 5 minutes which indicates they are not answering tickets.

Gordon
    Formerly: Managing Director, Hostroute.com Ltd & Marketing Director, Ultraspeed UK Ltd
    View my Professional Profile: www.gordonhudson.com

Not representative of all outsourcing

The signs were always there. Remember in the first days when among languages they listed, "Indian." Of course, there is no such language. They were rapidly recruiting remote techs. So, my picture always was of one person owning with techs (probably mostly children) scattered throughout the world...techs who would basically work when they felt like it...techs who could not adequately be controlled by Boxadmin. Then, somewhere in the process they added Taylor as a salesman. On numerous occasions their stories didn't pass any test of credibility, including Taylor's once he arrived on the scene.

A most recent example was the ispeed versus boxadmin story. Same owner, but ispeed support not provided by boxadmin, even though the boxadmin web site said otherwise. Lots of dancing around the issue.

Now, why post this at this point? Because, there are other outsourcing firms set up quite differently. And, why you might still argue the advisability of using outsourcing or the quality of support these firms provide, they do not have the weaknesses of BoxAdmin. They all have management teams in place and reaonably large staffs in one place. I am speaking of the three I know of-Bobcares, ActSupport, and Hostworks.ca.

Now, as to Taylor and the new scheme binaris says is planned. First, I suspect it would be a similar setup to boxadmin. Warning....haven't we learned the lesson!

Second, Taylor has most recently been here promoting templates, then support. And, what has happened in both cases? Serious problems with both. I don't know Taylor so I don't know if he is a part of the problem or just fails to evaluate who he is going to sell for. However, I have seen his responses. I have seen his salesman's mentality. I have seen enough to lack any confidence in any product or service he offers.

Last, didn't you see the desperation as boxadmin tried to sell at any price recently-all the half price advertising? Remember always-"something that seems too good to be true probably is." And, who do you think all those praising boxadmin here were? They were the techs. Isn't it obvious?

It isn't always easy to find out the truth on internet providers. However, you must ask questions, evaluate the answers, and look for things that just don't make sense. Be cautious, be wary.

I think they've done a runner. Aron has alays seemed dodgy to me ever since the first time I talked to him. He's got lots of different accounts on WHT and ofcourse many of you will have seen the threads about ispeed and "newbies" posting in defense of ispeed. I think that sums him up pretty clearly and how stubborn he is. As Incognito said, the signs were there from the very start.

On another note, we were asked to redesign the ispeed website for him and he was going to pay me in installments of $200/mo over about 6 months. He paid the first installment on the spot but when it came to the second one, he wasn't paying up and telling me that all I was intrested in was his money. We got this sorted out and then made a full website for him from a layout that we made for him that he supposedly loved. He was happy with the complete site and said he'll give the next one in a few days. A few days passed, and he said he didn't like the layout at all and was not going to pay for something that he didn't like. We've made new samples/templates for him, but added to this mess I don't think there's any point in doing any work for him. Added to this he owes me $200 for hosting services.

I have been seriously considering posting something here on WHT telling this story and to tell people to be vary of doing business with him as obviously he doesn't know how to run a proper business. A little too late for that though...

Does anone know if I have a right to claim my money off him for the design and hosting?

Are some of you guys affected taking action against him, if so please pm me as I would like to know what is going on.

EDIT: I've changed my root server password too which he had access to. In no way am I scare-mongering, but I wouldn't really put it past him to do something malicous. Ofcourse just my personal opinion.
    Ionplex.com - high quality web solutions

Does anone know if I have a right to claim my money off him for the design and hosting?
    You can claim all you want. It's just you are extremely unlikely to ever collect.

Sabbath doesn't last every single day of every week Their site has been closed for quite a while now with that same ol' message.
    Last edited by Chicken; 01-05-2003 at 03:14 PM.
    + Ahvio Networks :: webspace that works .. always
    + We'll beat anyone else's ModernBill Prices!
    + Reseller Accounts w/ Branded DemoDemo Tutorials
    + 99.99% Uptime / 60 Money-Back / Now 49 CP Skins!

BTW, anyone have Aron's IP address? I'm going to track it back to his ISP and try to get ahold of them for correct contact information.
    + Ahvio Networks :: webspace that works .. always
    + We'll beat anyone else's ModernBill Prices!
    + Reseller Accounts w/ Branded DemoDemo Tutorials
    + 99.99% Uptime / 60 Money-Back / Now 49 CP Skins!

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast